Sequel: Gone

Move

Move

Image
I pretended to kidnap Riley so that Edward wouldn't seem suspicious. We weren't entirely ready for what he had planned. I somewhat assumed he wouldn't fight us alone. He just seemed that kind of villain that enjoys having other people help him. To be honest, we had no idea what we were going to be up against. He had my friends, I was willing to take the chance. The only chance I wouldn't take is to kill Riley.

We hurried outside of my house and I shoved Riley in the backseat of my bulletproof Escalade. I had a large garage.

"I'm not going to kill you, Riley." I said as I drove cautiously.

"I sure hope not. If I'm going to die tonight though, I'd want to die from you than my own brother." He said staring out of the window.

I sighed. "I make no promises."

He chuckled his scared chuckle. "That doesn't entirely mean I want you to kill me."

"You can heal can't you?" I said looking in the rear view mirror.

He looked at me through the mirror. "I can heal others. Not myself." I looked back at the road.

"I'll take a bullet if I have to." I told him to make him feel better. I'd do anything to keep us both safe. Besides, I couldn't die anyway.

"But, you said you have been the same age for a while." I said looking back at the mirror.

He nodded. "That's true. That's only because I haven't been killed yet. If I get killed, in anyway, I'll die and my body will turn it's real age. Now, it wouldn't be such a problem. Later in my life, if I die, I'll be all old and crippling. Thankfully, I am still your age."

I stared at the mirror. "Well, I am just going to be this way forever then."

For the rest of the ride, we sat there quietly. We didn't want anyone to hear us. We weren't sure if Edward had someone that could hear us.

I pulled the car through an open gate that led to the construction site. I parked the car as soon as I saw Edward standing in an open lot. I stared at him through the window. He was going to die tonight no matter what. I'd make sure of it.

I gracefully got out of the car and let Riley out. I held on to one of his arms as I pushed him towards Edward. We stopped within three feet of Edward.

"Miss me, brother?" Edward said.

"No, I didn't, brother." Riley mocked.

Edward looked over Riley at me. "You can release him." I did cautiously. "Well done, Alyssa. I didn't think you had it in you." I gave him a cold hard stare.

A black shiny car came zooming into the lot behind Edward. I squinted my eyes to make my senses work. Ann, Diane, and Bria were in the back of the car with duct tape over their mouths and they were tied together.

"Why did you bring them here?" I said looking back at Edward.

He shrugged with a smirk. "Life has it's ways." I remembered him saying that when Riley killed him less than ten hours ago.

I took in a deep breath. My senses began going all hay wire. I smelled an extreme amount of new smells. Edward had brought an army of angry people. I couldn't tell if they had powers or if they were for the company Edward told me about but, i knew they were against us.

Edward realized my alert look. "If you kill him now," Edward said referring to Riley, "I won't have my army of people with incredible abilities kill both of you."

"What makes you think I'll kill him?" I asked. I bumped Riley to make him read my thoughts. I thought of a plan almost immediately. My senses told me that no one around was a mind reader, except for Riley. Edward said he'd have the others kill us. Not him. He was the strongest out of all them. But, Riley and I together were the strongest.

"We'll kill your friends." Edward said in an excited tone. I looked at the driver in the front seat of the car behind Edward. He was holding a gun pointed at my friends. My friends were staring wide-eyed at him and then back at me. This was going to be difficult with them here.

"You asked for it." I said. Edward stared at me wondering what I was going to do. Electricity came out of my hand and I made it cut through the rope on Riley's wrists. I pulled out the two berreta's and pointed them at Riley and the driver of the car. Riley backed up behind me and grabbed another two guns from my body armor and pointed them at the people standing on the platforms above our heads.

"Release them." I said to Edward.

"Why would I do that?" Edward said calmly.

"If you haven't noticed, there is a gun pointed to your head." Riley said. Edward looked at his brother.

Edward clasped his hands. "And you would pull it?"

Riley pointed one of his guns at Edward. "I've tried to kill you once, don't think I wouldn't do it again."

I shifted my weight. The shotgun was still across my back. I looked up at the bodies facing down at us. I looked back at my car. There were four men standing next to it.

"Well, Alyssa can move faster than you can." Edward said to Riley. "She can escape if she wanted to."

Riley clenched his teeth. "Let's see you move fast enough to get away." He pointed the other gun at his brother.

"And to think, I was about to help you two." Edward said. He motioned to the many people standing above us. Some of them walked away. Others flew down to the ground. I even saw some climb down the construction poles. They were all coming towards us.

I turned around. I pointed the guns at them and waited for them to get closer. "Riley." I mumbled under my breath.

He stared at his brother and spun around. The people started getting closer. When they got closer we fired. We fired at every single motion we saw.

I started walking towards my car still firing at everything around me. Riley walked behind me firing at people who tried to lunge at us.

A beastly woman came flying at me with her teeth bared. I shot her in the head.

We were completely out numbered. There weren't many people in front of us though. They all started coming from behind. An electric shot came firing at me. I ducked and spun around to shoot the person that did it. Another electric shot came after me and I fired a shot at a man in a black hood.

There was fire, ice, electricity, and a whole lot of other things flying at us. Riley kept turning around firing shots.

We got to my Escalade and fired at people who were surrounding it. I got to the driver's seat and jumped in. I started the car and anxiously waited for Riley to jump in. He shut and locked his door. I locked my own.

"Great plan." He said worried.

"Yeah, so far it is." I rammed my foot into the pedal and the car jolted us back as it hit person after person. People were flying over my car. They kept rocking it.

We entered a clearing and I didn't slow down. I kept going and I drove out of the site.

Riley turned to me. "What are you doing? Go back!"

Tears started running down my face. I turned onto the highway. "I can't. Okay?" I said glaring at him.

"Why?" He asked calmer.

"I'm scared. Okay? Sorry to disappoint you, Mr. I am so use to these kinds of things." I said trying to fight back the lump in my throat.

We sat there as I kept crying and trying to drive. I fought the tears back. "I don't know what to do."

Riley's head spun towards me. "I do." He said excited.

"What?" I said normally.

"Fire." He said.

"Fire?" I asked curious. He nodded slowly.

I knew what he meant then by 'fire'. I also knew that I just might be able to save my friends and kill Edward.