Sequel: Gone

Move

The End of the Beginnning

Image
I lay against Riley's chest thinking about everything that just happened. Riley glanced down at me and smiled.

"Why do you think about things like that?" He asked.

I shrugged. "I just like to think things over after I do them."

He frowned still with a smile on his face. "You're supposed to do that before you do them."

I looked up at him and grinned. "I do. I just think more about them after wards. It helps me to focus."

He nodded. "I have different ways to focus."

"What would those different ways be?" I asked him.

He sighed. "I like to think about you. About what we are." I looked down at where we were. We were flying above trees. We had to be getting close to my house.

"Well, I guess we do have some differences." I said. He chuckled. Things would be different now. I knew that for certain.

Riley began floating down. I looked down to see my house. He landed on my doorstep. I assumed he would always land there. Riley set me down lightly. I looked up at him and dug my keys out of one of the holsters in my belt.

"Can I have my shirt back?" I asked him.

"Actually," He said looking down at the black shirt that clung to his chest, "I think I like it too much." I giggled. I didn't really care if he kept it or not. The orange rising sun beamed off of his face. His beautiful face was caked in blood.

"Well, hurry and get them then." I said turning to the door.

"I will. I'll take them home and when they wake up they'll think they were just sleeping." Riley said with confidence.

I turned back to look at him. "What if they do remember?"

He smiled. "Alyssa, I am sure that there is a person in this world that can erase memory. I have a hard time not believing in things anymore. Now, I think anything is possible."

I smiled and turned back to my door. I stuck the key in the keyhole and opened my door. The door swung open. I turned around to talk to Riley. He wasn't there. I looked up at the sky and saw him hoovering about thirty feet up. He waved slightly. I waved back. Riley zoomed off faster than I ever saw him fly.

I rushed through my house and into my room. I looked in the mirror. My face was covered in blood but didn't have any wounds. I sighed. I removed the weapons and the belt and lay down on my bed. I closed my eyes.

I quickly fell asleep. The same dream came back but, it all made sense. Diane wasn't the one laughing. It was Edward transformed into Diane. The laughing Diane collapsed to the empty darkness and Edward's face took her place. Riley came up from behind me and picked me up. He jumped into the darkness and we were flying through it.

Riley's lips came to my ear. "Life has it's ways. I'm glad that it means you." I woke up from the dream. It wasn't a nightmare anymore. It was a dream.

I looked at the clock. It was nine in the morning. I looked on the other side of the bed. Riley propped himself up. He was smiling and he seemed like he had been awake.

"You know," He said, "the dream me is telling the truth." I sighed at this. Of course. He can see my dreams too.

"I thought you said that you couldn't see everything." I said.

He shrugged. "I can't. I just know what you're dreaming about when I watch you sleep. Your eyelids flicker."

"I'll never understand you, Riley Ackers." And with that, we leaned forward and our mouths met. My life finally meant something. I knew what and who I was. Thanks to the two Acker brothers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please read the next three books and stay updated! Comment on each chapter so that I know what you think!