Sequel: Gone

Move

Town

Image
I leapt down from the rock and landed on my feet without a noise. Whenever I seemed to jump I would land ever so lightly.

I let out a long sigh. "What to do now?" I said to myself. It was Tuesday, July 7th. Tuesday. Nothing to do on Tuesday except for wandering around outside.

My feet moved me forward and almost instantly I was running. Running so fast that I couldn't see anything I was running past. My senses guided me through the forest.

Not so long after I stopped. I didn't pant or do anything. Running faster than a car didn't have an affect on me after the change. Of course, then again, I couldn't run that fast before anyway.

I looked around at where I was. I was standing in the middle of an empty road. My right foot was standing directly on one of the yellow rectangles.

I frowned. "Guess I'll go to town." I began running down the blank road, wind rushing past my face.

Town wasn't much of a problem anymore. If I was to go past people I would have to work extra hard. When I was around people I knew, it wasn't hard to resist. My friends were the easiest to resist. My co-worker, Riley, was the absolute easiest. He was almost a part of me. Riley's smell didn't even smell human to me. Then again, Riley was one of my best friends.

Riley has been around me for almost my entire life. We met in 5th grade. He came from Northern Minnesota. I never really asked him how far north. His looks were almost unbearable. His bronze eyes always sparkled and his pitch black hair was always shiny and cropped up in the front. It looked almost like the perfect type of messy. Riley sometimes reminded me of Edward Cullen from the Twilight series. But, Edward wasn't real. Riley was very real.

I, myself, always reminded me of Edward and the other Cullen's. But, I was more powerful and real like Riley.

My feet kept pushing me towards town. I was planning on seeing Riley and my best friends. Since, I could be with them without wanting to eat them. That made me feel somewhat normal considering I could still see humans.

I stopped running as soon as I got on the outskirts of New York City. Standing on the top of the hill gave you a beautiful view of the city. You could see all of the smaller buildings and could see a lot of the bigger buildings. It was wonderful.

"Well, here I go." I gave another long sigh. This wouldn't be so difficult as it had been.

I shoved my hands into my gray trench coat and began running again towards town. My fancy high heels thudded softly against the ground. It was actually sort of fun to run in high heels. No one else could. My shoulder length hair bounced against my face as I kept running.

Within minutes I was at the back door of the GWOODCORP building. The building I formed and helped build. The company that made me rich and that made me successful.

I grabbed the doorknob of the employees only door. It was old and it didn't fit well with the large building that could have been mistaken for a skyscraper.

I was almost instantly accompanied with the shiny black haired angel.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you get as much into this as I am. Ha.