Sequel: Gone

Move

Riley

Image
Riley walked up beside me and grinned. I stopped. He smelled wonderful. He didn't have a lot of cologne on but, I could smell it. It made my skin tingle.

"May I take your coat?" He asked.

I looked up at his beautiful features. He was taller than me by a few inches and I had heels on.

"You may." I said. He went behind me and grasped my trench coat. I grinned and I slipped my arms out so he could take it off.

He came back to my side and wrapped the coat over his arm. We began walking down the blank hall to a larger door.

When we came to it Riley pushed it open and held it open for me. I walked into the lobby behind the check-in desk. The receptionist behind it turned as soon as she heard the door open. She smiled showing all of her teeth.

"Hello Ms. Greenwood." She said excitedly. She blushed as she looked at Riley. "Mr. Ackers."

I nodded and grinned and Riley smiled back. She smiled back. I could never remember her name.

Riley and I walked across the lobby to the escalator. I hopped on first. Riley was right behind me. I turned to him waiting for some news.

He didn't look at me. "Well, the companies people are here." He said afraid of what I'd do.

Riley was lucky he was gorgeous. Otherwise I would have punched him and most likely would have killed him. "What?" I asked hoping he didn't say that.

"I was about to call but, I decided Ann, Bria, and I would deal with it." he looked up at me this time.

"Well, this is fabulous. What do they want?" I rolled my head.

He shrugged. "Lauren said they wanted to give us a new project."

"Who's Lauren?" I asked.

"That's not the point, Alyssa."

"Who is Lauren?" I said more sternly.

"The receptionist." He replied.

"That's Lauren?" I asked. He nodded. "Lauren...What did I hear about Lauren? Lauren...Lauren!" I grinned remembering.

"What about her?" Riley asked in his soothing voice.

"I heard the workers were planning something for her." I said.

He shook his head. "Alyssa, it's her birthday tomorrow."

I mouthed "O" and stepped off of the escalator. We began walking again.

"Anyway, Alyssa," He said my name so beautifully. "we'll just go in there and see what they need."

I nodded. My confidence was hitting the roof and was dropping to the floor. I would be going in there with my friends and Riley. But, the company people smelled just like any other human. Hopefully, I could stand next to Riley and be able to control myself without struggle. Normally, I could control myself without him, but it was easier with him for some reason.

We walked down a large hall filled with conference rooms. Riley walked in front of me and pushed a door open and as I walked in I saw the company men (and a woman) sitting down. Ann, Bria, and Diane were standing against the wall next to the door. I looked at them and raised an eyebrow. They just stared at me.

I moved to the front of the table and so did Riley and my friends. "So, gentlemen, what brings you here?" I asked hoping for an answer that would satisfy me.

The man at the other end of the table stood up. "We are here because we need you to produce another product for us. Something for children."

"Children? Lawrence?" He nodded with a frown. I twitched my lip in disgust. "But, we have never made children toys before. We are an electronics center." I pleaded.

He shrugged. "It's either this or you lose $5,000 in the company. Your choice Alyssa."

I twitched my lip again. "When do you want it by?" I asked in regret.

My senses told me that my friends were behind me and their mood was happy. That surprised me. Their heartbeats were all speeding up though. So was Riley's.

Lawrence didn't look surprised by my answer. "Good choice." He paused. "A week."

I looked down at the table and nodded. "Okay. I'll have it."

Lawrence and the company men and the woman stood up and passed us all, out the door. I lifted my head and turned around facing my friends and Riley.

"Well, any ideas?" I asked.

"Actually," Diane said.

"Actually what?" I said in a louder tone. "We need to have a plan people!"

Riley stepped in. "Actually, Alyssa, we already made a new product."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "When did you do this?"

Ann smiled. "We did this last weekend. You gave us it off but, we didn't have anything better to do so, we worked on this thing called the High Bouncer."

I raised my brows. "What does it do?" I looked at one of them to the next.

"You bounce it like a ball and then it bounces really high and it doesn't have any sticky material so, it doesn't stick." Bria said.

"That's just like a bouncy ball." I said.

Riley pursed his lips. "Okay. Here is a plan." I said. "Make it sticky. So, that it sticks to things. Just make sure it doesn't stick to the ground when you bounce it." I clapped my hands once and put them out to show a problem solved. I grinned.

"But, how do we do that?" Bria asked.

"That's your job." I said. "Riley?" I looked at him smiling.

He grinned back. "I'll have it to you on Friday. Sooner if possible." He was so perfect.

I pointed at him and looked at everyone else. "See? That is the attitude I like."

"Thanks." He said. Riley grinned and his eyes sparkled. He walked towards the door and left.

I sighed. I looked back at my friends. "You like him. Don't you?" Ann said.

I laughed with no humor. Diane looked at me curiously. "It shows that he likes you too." She said.

I rolled my eyes and walked out of the room. They stayed in the room chatting away. I could still hear them as I reached the escalator. They kept talking about Riley.

Ann kept saying that we were a cute couple and that we were both gorgeous. My traits were inherited thanks to the abilities. Riley's were just natural. Which was a good thing. I wish I could tell him about my powers. I always wished that he would understand.

Riley would have been the best thing in my life if there wasn't one flaw. If I loved him, I didn't know what would happen with my powers. I couldn't take a chance on his life. Or my own.
♠ ♠ ♠
I will soon have the character pics.