Sequel: Gone

Move

Coffee and Confessions

Image
I sped the car up to over 70. I had a thing for speed considering I did run faster than the speed limit.

My car was fast enough and I had some privileges to be able to go faster than anyone else. It was a viper.

It wasn't long before I got to the coffee shop we always meet at in the morning. Sometimes not all of us went but, today I was hoping we would all be there. If I wasn't there then I couldn't tell them about Riley. I didn't want to completely. They might turn it around.

I stepped out into the sun that was coming out and I went into the little coffee shop that sold Star buck's. Almost immediately, I found them all in the corner booth we always sat in. I went to the counter and told the man I wanted a french vanilla iced coffee. The usual.

Once the man gave it to me along with my change I walked over to the booth and sat next to Diane.

"Hello, hello, hello." I said without looking at them. A 'hello' for each. Ann looked at me.

"So, Alyssa." She paused and giggled. "When is Riley coming over?"

"What?" I asked. How did they know?

"Riley said you weren't coming to see the bouncy thing so, we assumed you invited him." Bria replied. Great, they were better guessers than I thought.

"He's coming over later." I said as I took a sip of my coffee.

"So, you did invite him!" Diane said excitedly. I looked away from the table towards the man at the counter. At least he had something to do.

"You can admit you like him, Alyssa." Ann said.

"Well, he is, uh." I mumbled. Ann gave me a confused look. "Alright he is attractive!" I whispered. "I don't remember doing this with you, Ann."

"Ann and Peter are different." Bria said. "Peter isn't her co-worker and as far as I can tell Ann and Peter aren't compatible. No offense, Ann." Bria said to me and Ann.

Ann gave a disgusted look. "Gee, at least I am actually dating someone!" Ann said to Bria.

"Well, at least I know who to date!" Bria replied. They kept going at it for a few seconds. i just sat there thinking about Riley and sipping my coffee. I have no idea what Diane was doing. I think she was actually listening to them.

The last thing I heard from Ann and Bria's conversation was from Bria. "At least I am still a virgin!" She shouted. We all stared at her. My coffee glass was against my lip as I froze.

Everyone in the room was staring at Bria. All of the sudden we all just started laughing. Even Bria. I looked at my watch.

"Well, I have to go. By the time I get home Riley will be there." I said as I stood up. "By the way. Bria you aren't alone."

"You are too?" she asked.

I shrugged. "Well, technically. I haven't actually gotten to the point where the clothes come off."

They all started gagging and making ew noises. "TMI. TMI!" Diane said.

I grinned. "Bye guys." I said. They said bye and I walked out the door with my coffee. I started my Viper up again and headed home.

I was overly excited that Riley was going to be at my house. Too excited.

As I pulled up my driveway I noticed that there was a brand new mustang next to my garage. When I got closer I noticed it was Riley who was leaning against it like a model. He flashed me a smile showing all of his teeth.

I parked the car in the garage and walked over to the mustang where Riley stood.

"Hi, Riley. Nice car." I said.

"Hi and thanks." He didn't bother go into details which I appreciated.

We started walking towards my house. "When did you get it?" I asked trying to move the subject along.

"Last week. I saved up." He said.

"You saved up? You? Riley Ackers?" I said teasingly. Riley didn't have to save up. He had enough already.

"Well, I used the other money to pay for some new clothes." he grinned.

We got to the door and I opened it. I looked at him before we went in. "I see that." I said. My eyes looked over every part of him. His features, his dimples, the way his biceps formed the shirt he was wearing, and that sweet smell of cologne he always wore. Sometimes I wondered if that was his natural scent.

I walked inside first and he followed. We went into the living room and I sat on my soft sofa. Riley came in front of me and reached into his pocket.

"Here you are ma'am." He handed me an apple sized ball. "We had to make it bigger so it wouldn't stick on the ground." he explained.

I stood up and lifted my arm to bounce it. My arm thrust downward as I didn't think about how powerful that thrust would be.

The ball hit the ground, bounced off the ceiling, into a lamp, and it kept bouncing from place to place. The lamp it hit fell off of the table it was on and it was falling to the ground.

It all happened so fast. Riley sped from one side of the room to the other and caught the lamp seconds before it hit the ground. I could hear the ball coming at me and my hand immediately shot up and caught the ball.

We stared at each other. He was still holding the lamp inches from the ground and my arm was still up along with the ball.

Riley stood up from his crouched position and set the lamp on the table. My arm went down at my side.

"I have to go." He said as he ran out the door.

"Riley, wait!"

"I'll call you later." He said. Riley shut the door and I heard his mustang speed away almost immediately. I walked over to the window and he was gone.