Sequel: Gone

Move

Two of Us

Image
I was still in pure shock that I wasn't the only one. I thought I was the only freak on the entire Earth. Now, there was two. Riley and I.

"So, you fly?" I asked. I really didn't know what else to say.

"Yeah and you can run faster than my mustang." He replied jokingly.

Riley came closer to me. We were almost touching. "Alyssa," he said soothingly, "I have thought I was the only one for a while."

I looked up at his face. He began rubbing my arms. "So have I. But, what is a while to you?" I asked wondering if he could regenerate like me.

"Yes, I can regenerate. I can also read your mind." He said. I knew it. He smiled. He probably heard that.

"So you can hear everything I'm thinking." I asked curious.

He shrugged. "Not everything. I can only pick words out." What a relief. "But, it has been getting weaker every time I think of you."

I frowned. "I'm making you lose your powers?" I whispered. He stopped rubbing my arms and just held them.

"No, I can still read other people's minds. It's just yours is harder." He said.

I sighed. "What else can you do?" I asked.

"Well," he began, "I can fly, regenerate, and read people's minds. I have super strength, super hearing, super reflexes, and well." He stopped. He didn't look at me. It showed he was thinking to share it or not.

"You have a thirst for blood too." I said. He grinned without an expression. Riley let go of my arms. He gave a long sigh.

"Well, as I asked before." He said. "What are your powers?"

I told him everything. The day of the burglary, the man in ski masks, and how I died. I told him I could run fast, regenerate, move things with my mind, and climb walls. I told him I had super strength, hearing, reflexes, smell, and sight. When I was done he looked shocked.

"Wow. You are much more advanced than I am." He said.

"Advanced?" I creased my eyebrows and shifted my weight.

He smiled. "Alright. You are more powerful." I gave a satisfied look.

"So, now what?" I asked.

"I guess I am going to have to bring you home." He said. I smiled as he came closer and lifted me off of my feet. Riley crouched and jumped into the air. We were flying again.

I looked up at his face. He smiled. I just gazed at his uniqueness. "What?" He asked.

I shrugged. "I was just wondering if you always smell so good."

He let out a breath. "That's my natural scent." He smiled and went super fast through the air.

We were rushing through the sky so fast I couldn't even see where we were. He started slowing down and I realized we were above my house. Riley started lowering and before I could look down we were on the ground. He let me down in front of my door.

"There you go ma'am." I blushed a little. Then I realized my car was still at the building.

My expression faded. "My car," I began. Riley stopped me.

"I'll bring it over tomorrow morning." I looked at him worried. "Alyssa," That soothing tone. "you have four other cars. You'll survive one night."

I nodded. I pulled my keys out of my pocket and shoved one of them into my door. It swung open.

"Will we talk about this later?" I asked him hoping he'd say yes.

"Your wish is my command." He said as he bowed. I laughed.

"Alright then sir. Thank you." I said still giggling. He bowed again.

He looked like a King. "You are welcome my lady." I smiled and wrapped my arms around him in a tight bear hug. I wanted to do more than a hug but, I wasn't the one that read minds.

I let him go of my grip. He smiled as I blushed. "Good night Riley."

"Good evening, Alyssa." That's when I remembered it was only around five.

"Right." I said blushing even more. He was so perfect.

"And by the way, Alyssa." He needed to stop saying my name. it was too perfect. "You have that natural scent too."

"Thanks." I paused. "Riley, do you think there is more of us?"

He frowned and bit his lower lip. "Alyssa, I have been researching our type for years. Before you came, I was the only one."

I frowned. "So, this doesn't run in the family or anything." It wasn't a question.

"As far as I can tell, it starts with one of us, which would be me, and then he shares his power with the first person he makes contact with." He said.

"So, you did this to me?" I asked frustrated.

"I'm not saying that's how it goes. I think you have to die first." He said defensively.

"So, you died?" I asked curiously. He nodded.

"That'll be the story for another day. Do you want to hear my other theory?" He asked. I nodded. "Alright. My other theory is that there are a few of us and the only way to become one of us is to have it in your blood. But, in order to activate it, you have to die." I shook my head and looked at him worriedly.

"A few of us?" I asked. He nodded again. "So, there might be more?"

He stuffed his hands into his jean pockets. "I know as much as you know." He sighed. "Well, till another time, my dear."

"You don't have to go." I said hoping he would stay.

"I know but, I have to go and find my brother." He replied. I nodded.

"Yeah, alright. see you later then?" I said.

"As always." He began to walk down the stairs. Riley stopped at the bottom. "By the way, keep those flowers in your office."

I shrugged. "Why?"

"They make the co-workers jealous." He said with a smirk. Riley crouched and flew off into the sky.