Status: After three years of not being active on Mibba, I want to come back and write again. I hope you all will love it. Right now school is pretty crazy and I'm having horrible writer's block (who wouldn't after three years?), but hopefully more will be up soon! Thanks for the support!

Decode

Party Or Not?

I woke up from my temporary numb state to someone knocking on the door.

“Who is it?” I asked, irritated that I was forced to deal with reality.

“It’s Kendra.” she said, walking in. She sat on the bed next to me.

“How are you feeling?” she asked. I glared at her, “Yeah, dumb question.” she laughed nervously. There was a long silence, but it wasn’t awkward-not with Kendra-it was nice.

“I think you need to get out.” she said suddenly.

“I feel like crawling under a rock and dying.” I said into my pillow.

“Now, don’t be so dramatic.” She said, attempting to make me smile. It did the opposite.

“Don’t be dramatic?! Kendra, he humiliated me in from of everyone and broke my heart!” I yelled.

“You’re right. I’m sorry, but you need to have some fun. You’ve been a big ball of stress for way too long. Come to this party with me.”

“Thanks, but incase you didn’t know, I’m not quite in the mood for parties.”

“No, listen. A patient of mine is a director who got invited and she said I could bring three friends. It’ll be fun.”

“When is it?”

“Tomorrow at 9 PM at the Roseland Theater. They’re showing a movie and having live bands.”

“Will there be alcohol?” I asked. She nodded. “I’ll consider it.” I added. She smiled and walked towards the door.

“You hungry?”

“Yeah, I’ll be down in a second.” I said getting up and reaching for the brush. She closed to door behind her gently. Some booze is exactly what I needed. Sure, I’ll go to the party. I strolled down the stairs and entered the kitchen. Lorri was cooking steak, mashed potatoes with gravy, and corn.

“Smells good.” I commented.

“Hey, it’s good to see you around again.” she said.

“You just saw me a few hours ago.” I said.

“Brookelynn, it’s 11:30 at night. You’ve been sleeping for ten and a half hours.”

“Whoa, was I really out that long?” I asked rhetorically. Then why did I feel so tired?
♠ ♠ ♠
It's just a filler, but it's forshadowing..kinda.
Can you guess what happends next?