Status: After three years of not being active on Mibba, I want to come back and write again. I hope you all will love it. Right now school is pretty crazy and I'm having horrible writer's block (who wouldn't after three years?), but hopefully more will be up soon! Thanks for the support!

Decode

End of Semester Grading.

I looked at the stack of papers on my desk waiting to be graded as I stepped into my classroom. There was two big windows on the north wall. They were written all over with Window Markers. There were posters between them of my favorite musicians. On the south wall, there were cupboards and cabinets that I shoved all my crap in. The west wall had my students’ projects on it and the opposite had a bulletin that supported sticky notes and ripped pieces of paper with smiley faces. These kids cracked me up. I had prep this period, and I desperately needed to use my time wisely. I plopped down in my chair behind my desk and sighed. Where to start?

My grading pen was mocking me as it sat there motionless. I stared at it. It didn’t want me to use up its ink. I removed the cap and edited the first paper closest to me.

“Come on little buddy, work.” I encouraged as my pen began to run out of ink.
“Work, you son of a b-”

“Ms. Mandabach, that’s not setting a good example for younger crowds.” I heard. I didn’t have to look up to know who it was. Austin, my knight in shinning armor. The twenty-five year old technology/yearbook teacher at Forest Grove High School. I smiled as he leaned over my chair and kissed me.

“Oh, Mr. Fowler, you’re not going to send me to the principals office, are you?” I smiled as he kissed me again.

“No, but I’ll have to give you a detention.” he said.

“Good.” He pulled his lips away from mine and sat in the chair beside me, as we heard someone jiggle the door handle.

“Hey M, what’s up?” Jennifer asked, walking towards my desk.

“Attempting suicide.” I said, not looking up till after I said it.

“God, you’re such a bad influence.” Austin teased. I looked at him and then back to Jennifer.

“I was referring to the huge stack of vandalized dead trees on my desk.” I explained. She smiled, then looked at Austin.

“Fowler, what are you doing on this side of the building?” she asked.

“Just hanging out. I’ve discovered a world outside my desktop.” he said sarcastically. She rolled her eyes at him. I laughed.

“ROFL owned on Fowler,” I smiled, “What can I help you with Jennifer?”

“I need chapter eleven and twelve read guides.”

“Jennifer, it’s the last day of semester.”

“I know, but it’s better than a zero, and I already finished the book. I can do it right now.” she pleaded. I gave her a look of disappointment.

“Yeah, okay. Two papers more to add to my personal hell.”

“Brookelynn!” Austin yelled. I looked at him and teasingly glared.

“That’s Mandabach to you.”

“Do I call you that tonight, too?” he devilishly asked. I looked at Jennifer. Her eyes were wide and her lips were pressed hard to keep her laughter inside. I quickly changed the subject.

“You guys are so distracting. Jennifer, reading guides are in the folder on the counter.” I said. She must have felt awkward. I kind of was.

“Austin!” I whispered loudly, hitting his shoulder. He took a sip from his water bottle. A smiled was playing on his luscious lips. I went back to grading papers as Austin sat there, smug, and Jennifer did last minute work.

“Don’t you have computers to do?” I asked Austin. He held in another inappropriate comment, as he stared at me.

“I’m gonna go.” he said getting up.

“About time.” I laughed. Jennifer got up and gave me her papers.

“He’s such a geek.” she said. I laughed, and agreed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! I'll most likey write more and post it today. Thanks for the comments, they make me smile.
F.Y.I-this kind of awkward situation happened to me. After school I went to one of my teacher's room to check my grades, and he was playing guitar. Then I sat down next to him and another student and chilled out. About ten mintues later, my spanish teacher walked in with all her stuff and sat down. Then he turns her to her and asked,"Are you ready to go?" Then we all looked at eacher other all awkward with stupid smiles on our faces. We were all thinking the same thing. Unce Unce Unce.
Teacher love!
Even if it is or not, it was still pretty awkward, but funny. I tried to hold in my laughter as they blushed. haha

-Just Jess