Status: After three years of not being active on Mibba, I want to come back and write again. I hope you all will love it. Right now school is pretty crazy and I'm having horrible writer's block (who wouldn't after three years?), but hopefully more will be up soon! Thanks for the support!

Decode

Sick Day

When I woke up, I was contemplating whether or not to skip work. I think I needed another day off. I drank some cough syrup and called in the district.

“Hey, this is Brooke Mandabach. I’m feeling fluish today so I can’t make it into work.” I said. I worked up some phlegm before she could say anything and began coughing.

“Uh, sorry Nancy. What was that?” I asked, trying not to laugh.

“Oh, you just take the time you need. We’ll get a sub.” she said.

“Thank you. I’ll see you soon.” I said. She was quick to say her goodbyes. I smiled smugly as I hung up. So, what now?

I started off by going down stairs and making coffee. Good start. I sat down at the table and looked out the window, sipping slowly on my beverage. The sun shoved it’s rays through my window, causing me to squint. Everything was so beautiful. It’d been a while since I’ve actually looked at life like this. I think Cassie and Rob had something to do with that. Yeah I had to sacrifice someone I loved, but maybe things where better this way. What I had was good, but what I’m going to have might be better.

Today, I would spend devoted to getting back into painting. I knew I had a canvas in Austin’s house. I just didn’t want to go over there and get it. I sat for a while, thinking. The house cat laid on the table, cleaning herself. She paused and gave me a you’re-such-a-pussy look. Wow, that’s sad.

“Shut up, Tiger. If you’re so brave, you go and do it.” I told her. She paused and stared at me for another moment, then went back to her cleaning. I just got owned by a cat. Fml. I jogged up the stairs and looked for something to throw on. When I succeeded on that job, I jogged back down the stairs and grabbed my keys. When I turned on my ignition, I had to put my sunglasses on. The sun was just too bright. When I reached the highway, I rolled my windows down and let the wind overtake my car.

A half an hour later, I pulled into the driveway that was once mine. It didn’t feel like it belonged to me anymore. I took out my keys, shut my car door and stood there for a second. I slipped my glasses over onto my head and tilted my head a little, staring at the house. I walked up to the door and stepped inside. It was dusty from being alone. I avoided looking at the pictures of my past life. I opened spare room and inside, my painting equipment stood there waiting for me. I smiled as I began carrying it to my car.

Frankie gave me an odd look. It looked, at first, as if he didn’t know who I was, “Brooke,” he finally called out, “what are you doing?” he smiled.

“Well, I’m going to paint again, Frank.” I explained. He looked up at the house and then back at me.

“You sure seem happy, under these grave circumstances.” he said.

“Well, I’m trying to be positive about this.” I answered.

“Have you been hanging around that Robert guy?” he asked. I nodded.

“Yeah. He’s my friend, Frank” I said, “Well I have to hurry up and get this to Kendra’s house. I’ll see you around. Tell Gurdie I say hi.” he turned around and went inside. I know what he’s thinking. I’m just moving on to the next random guy. He just doesn’t understand.

I wasn’t going to let this get to me. I packed the last of my stuff into the car and drove off back to Kendra’s place. The house was empty again. I pushed the living room furniture out of my way and laid a sheet over the hard wood floor. I set up my stand and canvas in the middle and opened up my paints. The smell rushed to nose and once again, I felt like me again. The sun came from behind me, casting its rays on the canvas. I picked up my brush and dipped it in black. Nothing was running through my head. I took a deep breath, and put the brush on the canvas. Miracles began again.
♠ ♠ ♠
196 readers, 36 subcribers!
Oot Oot. <3
6 stars! You guys are AMAZING!
Cassie-You're amazing!
Stephenie (Did I spell your name wrong? is it stephanie or stephany or stephenie or stepheny??)--- You are hilarious! I'll listen to PK as I write the next update.
Bella Cullen- I'm sorry I didn't check to see if I spelled that right. the prefix, prefects thing. Percy (If you've read the books) was a prefect and Ron and Hermionie.
Rob's a buuda freak! haaha. Go on youtube and type in "best story ever robert pattinson"
Or something like that. Cass showed it to me. <3

Bark with me if youre my dog. oh yeah Hollywood undead.