Status: After three years of not being active on Mibba, I want to come back and write again. I hope you all will love it. Right now school is pretty crazy and I'm having horrible writer's block (who wouldn't after three years?), but hopefully more will be up soon! Thanks for the support!

Decode

London or Not?

“So what do you want to talk about, Jess?” I asked her as she rummaged through things. She shrugged her shoulders and replied, “I don’t know.”

For a split second, I though it was about Austin. I shifted in my chair as I drank some tea. “What are you looking for, anyway?” she stopped and stood up all the way, wiping her forehead with her arm.

“I’m looking for a piece of paper with names on it.” she said. I looked next to me.

“Uh, Jess, this wouldn’t happen to be it, would it?” I asked holding it up. She looked over and analyzed it.

“Thanks, Brooke.” she smiled, “I would’ve kept looking for hours.”

“What is it for?” I asked. She sighed, sitting down in the chair across from me.

“This stupid thing I’m doing on YouTube.” she answered, “A bunch of YouTubers are getting together and making a huge calab video.”

“Oh, that sounds interesting.” I said, nodding my head. She wrinkled her nose.

“I guess. It keeps me busy and I get to work with a bunch of hilarious people all day.” she said. There was a moment of silence, which tends to happen a lot, but it wasn’t awkward. She smiled, “So what’s going on with you?”

“Rob invited me to go to London with him.” I said. Her eyes lit up.

“Well, why aren’t you gone?!” she laughed, “If some cute brit asked me to go to London, I wouldn’t be here.”

“I told him I’d think about it. I mean, it’s London! I don’t know what impression he’d get if I went with him.” I said.

“I don’t understand what you mean.” she said.

“I like him a lot, but I’m committed to Austin and sometimes I get all caught up in the moment. I feel like I’m betraying Austin.” I explained. She took her hand and lay it upon mine.

“Brooke, Austin would want you to be happy. Rob makes you happy and that’s obvious. He’s not coming back and even if he did, things have changed.” Jess said. This surprised me for many reasons. She wasn’t usually one for mushy inspirational moments and even if she was, her telling me to skip off on her brother was odd to hear.

“I guess.” I quietly said. The room was dimly lit and the tea was kicking in. I was completely relaxed. I was tracing the ring of my mug with my finger, thinking about it. Jess was writing on the piece of paper, of what looked like brainstorming ideas.

“Well, what would I do in London?” I asked, looking for a reason to stay. She looked up and smiled, “What happens in London, stays in London.”

“Jess, that’s Vegas.” I corrected. Her eyes looked to the side as a smile played on her lips. We both broke out into song, “Shut up and put your money where your mouth is that’s what you get for waking up in Vegas. Get up and shake the glitter off your clothes now that’s what you get for waking up in Vegas!”

We broke out into hysterical fits of laughter and I knew that our talk had been done.

For the next week, it had been almost impossible to get a hold of Rob. Sometimes when I’d call, it went straight to voice mail. I had spent the remainder of my time actually working, helping Jess with her video ideas, or coming up with painting techniques to show Cassie. One day after school, Scott and Cassie showed up in my room to help me with papers and to have casual convo. I then realized, I needed some actual friends my own age. I had fun with them, though.

Scott was quite the character. He didn’t talk that often, but when he did have something to say, he wouldn’t shut up. He continued on talking about the time when he and his friend, Eric, were down by the town lake chasing ducks and lighting their farts on fire. Let’s just say, there was never a dull moment. My cell rang as we were gathering ourselves from laughing hardcore.

“Hey guys hold on, let me get this.” I said, “Hello?”

“Brooke! I’m so glad to have caught you.” he said, “I’m so sorry it’s been a really long week.”

“I’m sure it has.”

“Tell Robert I said hi.” Cassie said, smiling, cracking up at something Scott had said to her.

“Cassie says hi.” I told Rob. He laughed, “Well, I’m finished with things for a while as of now, so I’ll come meet you guys.”

“Alright, we’re just at the school. I’ll see you in a few.” I said. I turned to Cassie and Scott and told them Rob was on his way. Scott then resumed his stories of crashing school dances and jumping off roofs.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had fun writing this one. It came out easily too. Does this mean writers block is over?!
Cassie- I think you'll like this one, especailly towards the end. haha.
The whole YouTube thing is actually something I'm not part of, but I've been watching it and you should all check it out. I'm not sure If I'm even allowed to put it in my story. I DON'T OWN YOUTUBE. Duh. haha. The calac video I'm talking about is called THE STATION. There aren't really any videos up, but it's going to be awsome.
also, check out www.youtube.com/shanedawsontv. This guy is hilarious. I'm not promoting or anything, but if you want a good laugh, watch his vids. I'm totally into him haha.
comments are loved. <3