Status: After three years of not being active on Mibba, I want to come back and write again. I hope you all will love it. Right now school is pretty crazy and I'm having horrible writer's block (who wouldn't after three years?), but hopefully more will be up soon! Thanks for the support!

Decode

Outting.

I woke up to a slight chill. If felt good, but something was off. I opened my eyes to an empty room. The white sheets on the other side of the bed were messed up. Rob was gone. I sat up in a daze, blinking to gain focus. I got up and walked out the bedroom door as I wiped my eyes and ran a hand through my hair.

“What are you doing here?” I asked. Cassie was on the couch watching ‘Friends’

“Good morning, sleepy head.” she smiled.

“Where’s Robert?”

“He went to some interview/photo shoot thing. He should be back in a few hours.” she answered. I plopped down on the couch next to her.

“Which episode is this?” I asked.

“Uh, When Rachel gets that naked cat that hisses her name.”

“Oh this is a good one.” I laughed. It really did sound that way.

“So you and Rob sleeping in the same bed.” she stated. It was amazing how that could say so many different things.

“There’s only one bed.” I answered. She gave me a look that told me I was full of it.

“Well, you have fun with that.” she said.

“I will.”

She looked over at me with her moth open and eyes glared. I smiled at her. We hung out in the hotel room for a while watching cheesy network channels.

Around three, we were both extremely hungry with no food.

“Well, we’re in a bit of a pickle.” I said as Cassie was slumped over the couch, looking at me for hope, “I don’t know my way around London.”

“Who needs to know? Let’s go explore!” she said, “I’m from a town near here. It should be easy.”

I looked at her for a moment, thinking about it. I had nothing to do.

“Alright,” I said, “let’s go.”

I searched around for a piece of paper and a pen to leave Rob a note just in case he came home and worried.

‘Rob,
Cassie and I left. I’m not sure where we’re going or what we’re doing, but we shouldn’t be too long. Unless we get lost.
Much love,
Brooke.’

Cassie stood with the door open waiting. The cold air surrounded us as soon as we stepped outside.

“Where too first?” I asked.

“Want some coffee?” she asked. I nodded. She led the way down the street, “I think there’s a shop up here somewhere.”

We walked fifteen blocks up the street and around corners.

“Uh, Cassie, this is great exercise and all, but I don’t think coffee is going to be around the next corner. We’re lost.” I said, bending over, breathing.

“No, it’s around this corner, I can feel it.” she said, still walking. I straightened myself up and continued to follow. She was right, there it was, in all it’s glory; a giant coffee cup. We stopped and stared for a moment.

“I’ll race you.” I said, “Ready, go!” I was a head of her crossing the street, but tripped on the curb. She let out a giggle and raced after the door.

“I WON!” she exclaimed. I got up and brushed the dirt off, walking through the door after her. As we walked up to the counter I heard a familiar voice, but ignored it. I was too tired to concentrate. After Cassie ordered her vanilla mocha and stood aside while I ordered mine.

“Uh, Brooke.” Cassie whispered. I had to ignore her to place my order. She continued, “Brooke, doesn’t he look like Rob?”

At the sound of Rob’s name, I turned to look at Cassie, who was pointing in another direction. At a table in the corner, sat a blonde attractive woman and a man that look exactly like Rob. Cassie grabbed her mocha and began to drink it.

“I think that is Rob.” she said. I listened to the voice from the man in the far corner, “It is Rob, Cassie. Come on, let’s go.” I grabbed my frap and walked out, Cassie following. We walked a few blocks until we found a bench in the park. We sat down in silence, drinking our beverages.

People walking dogs and children playing Frisbee past us. The sound of everything going on the park made my thinking increase. I needed to draw.

“Cassie, what do you say to getting some chalk?” I asked.

“Why?”

“I’ll show you.” I said, getting up and throwing my cup in the nearest trashcan. I walked until I found a store I thought looked like it sold sidewalk chalk. Finally, I came across one. I went down the kid aisle and grabbed a huge bucket.

We returned to the park next to the bench, where I sat down on the cement. I picked up some colors and began to draw random stuff on the sidewalk.

“Come join.” I said. She got off the bench and came down. She too began drawing. We drew in silence for a good ten minutes.

“They looked really friendly.” Cassie said.

“Yeah, I don’t know. I wouldn’t be so bothered if she wasn’t so blonde and pretty and so flirty with him.” I said, “ I mean, he was like that with me at a coffee shop. What makes me so different?”

“Well, he brought you to London.” Cassie explained.

“We’re already in London!” I said, “No sense in taking anyone to London!”

“Calm your tits, man. I’m sure there’s a good explination.”

“Yeah, there always is.” I said, remembering back to my wedding day. The sun was just above the horizon. If we didn’t get back soon, we’d get lost, if we weren’t already.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I've been a slacker. Deal with it.
Sorry about the delay, I promise more will be out soon.
....Cassie.
hahah