Sequel: Light Years Away
Status: Active. Comment and Subscribe! I update FREQUENTLY

Emerald Eyes

Realization

Your alarm clock is ringing though your ears. The radio instantly plays when your alarm is triggered. It is telling you today will be a fairly nice day, no clouds will be in the sky. You begin to wonder what you should do with such a nice day.

Suddenly, you feel a pair of arms envelope into the crook of your hips. You smile at the warmth of the body that is pressed against you. You open your eyes and turn to the body next to you. You're instantly locked with a pair of emerald eyes.

"Good morning," the voice gently says to you, careful as to not disturb you while trying to regain sense of your surroundings from such a heavy sleep.

You slightly yawn as you say "Good morning" back to those emerald eyes.

A cell phone rings suddenly. The body next to yours quickly jumps out of bed, running towards the device. You notice the phone stops ringing, showing that it was answered. You hear the mumble come from the body laying next to you in another room, but you cannot make out what is being said.

You're suddenly aware of where you are. You realize what had happened the previous night. The headache from previous intoxication begins to flood through your brain. You realize you need an aspirin and fast. You want to call out for help, but you're afraid of getting those pair of emerald eyes caught. So you remain quiet, laying down in the satin sheets. You attempt to put your mind to something else to forget about your hangover, but fail miserably.

The mumbling stops, and you hear bare feet drag across the hardwood floor. Those eyes stare back at you in the doorway, and you know exactly what is going to be said.

"She's going to be home soon. I have to get going."

The emerald eyes walk over to your bedside, gently kissing your forehead. They promise you that they'll return. They tell you that you mean everything to them, and they couldn't imagine their life without you.

You smile at the eyes and say that you know and think the exact thing. But the truth is, you don't believe a word of it. You don't know how to trust the words escaping towards your ears. You want to believe it, but you don't know how to let yourself.

You understand the situation you're in. You know how you cannot tell anyone about it, or how you have no one to turn to for advice. If anyone ever found out, you would never see those eyes again.

You watch as the body that was just next to you in between those satin sheets begins shuffling across the room. You watch as the tattoos are soon covered by a shirt and a black jacket. You watch as one leg goes into a pant leg, as does the other. You feel the bed weigh down as you watch each shoe be placed on a foot. You watch the car keys be picked up from your nightstand. You lock your hazel eyes with those emerald eyes, you watch those eyes smile, affection pouring out of them onto you.

You smile back, knowing that was expected. But in your heart, you realize how wrong it is to even look into those eyes. Because those eyes aren't yours, and you are both aware of it. But, still, you gaze into them, lost in the pure green color.

You feel the last kiss of the morning touch your forehead, and the feet begin shuffling again.

Before your door closes, you see those eyes one final time before departing the home look at you.

"I love you, Roxana," they say back to you, waiting for a response back.

"I love you too, Billie Joe," you reply.

You watch the door close. You hear the feet walk across the hardwood floor. You hear the front door to your home open, and then shut just as fast. A few moments later, you hear a car door close, and an engine begin.

And then it's silent.

It's then when you begin to wonder the next time you'll see those emerald eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Opinions please :)
Commmmmmment!