Sequel: Light Years Away
Status: Active. Comment and Subscribe! I update FREQUENTLY

Emerald Eyes

Bitter

It was beautiful out. The sky was as blue as the ocean. The clouds looked like large marshmallows, looking so comfortable you wanted to sleep on one. The sun was shining brightly, and the warmth from the rays entered your pores. You felt instantly at ease, and the noticeable tension in the car was invisible to you. You wanted to take advantage of this perfect weather.

You felt a hand on your leg, patting it. You looked over and saw Adrienne's brown eyes smiling at you. "How are you feeling?"

You shrugged and said fine. You also commented on how nice it was outside.

Adrienne looked out of her own window and nodded, "It's beautiful weather today. Maybe later we can take the kids to the park, Billie?"

The driver's seat was silent. You looked into the rear view mirror and saw his emerald eyes intently watching the road ahead of them.

"Billie?" his wife questioned again.

He jumped slightly, obviously taken out of a deep thought. "What, Adie?"

She groaned annoyed, "I said do you want to take the kids to the park later on today?"

He shrugged, "I don't know, Adie. I might have to go back tot he studio today. I'll see if we aren't, but this album needs tot get done."

"As usual," she muttered under her breath.

"What was that?" he spat at her.

Sighing, "Nothing, Billie," Adrienne replied.

You looked the the rear view mirror to look at those eyes again, and saw them staring back at you. "How are you feeling, Roxana?"

You nodded, implying you were fine after you just answered this question moments ago. He nodded his head as well and continued driving.

"Are you hungry?" he asked you. "We could stop at a fast food place, or wherever else you would want to go."

You shook you head and said you weren't hungry. Despite the constant moaning of your stomach, you didn't want to be in this tense car anymore. For the first time in your life, you actually wanted to go the the hospital.

"Are you sure? There's a ton of places on the way to the hospital. It's no trou-"

"Billie, she said she isn't hungry," Adrienne snapped,

His emerald eyes shot her a look. His eyes looked like stone as the trailed to her face. He looked back over to your hazel eyes and the look instantly softened. His eyes were still questioning whether or not you were hungry. You managed to shake your head again. He nodded his head in agreement and continued on to the hospital.

You looked to your right and saw Adrienne gazing out of the window. You wanted to put your hand on hers for comfort. You never saw those emerald eyes look so bitter. You never saw them look like glass stone. You never knew things would be so tense in a car with these two. You wanted to comfort your friend, though you felt like a hypocrite doing so.

But you stopped yourself when you saw a tear run down her porcelain skin.