Sequel: Light Years Away
Status: Active. Comment and Subscribe! I update FREQUENTLY

Emerald Eyes

Fascination

"How excited are you, Rox?" Adrienne asked, fascination in her voice.

You nodded eagerly. Even though you would have been happy with a little boy or girl, a girl seemed more fun to have. Maybe since there were more cute things to buy a girl. You always loved to indulge people around you with gifts.

This child was perfect for such a thing.

You would constantly be showering this little girl with gifts. It would range from the necessities such as clothing, to pointless tiny things like hair bows. All the money you made was going to go towards this baby girl's life. You were going to make sure she had the best life you could offer her, a life better than your own.

Though you were given much from your family, it always felt like you were given these things to make up for the lack of attention that you parents had given to you. Your mother was always working, and when she was home, she was sleeping. And your father, you don't remember the last time he even had a job. He relied on your mother's paycheck for support.

Day in and day out your mother begged your father to get a job, but he was always defensive about it. He always promised he would help out with the family, but you knew he never would. Your mom had to work until she couldn't anymore, with no help from your dad at all. You promised yourself when you were young you were never going to have a man treat you that way. You swore you would always have your significant other help you out along the way so you weren't along.

Ad you especially promised yourself you would always have time for you child, because he or she would always be the most important thing in your life no matter what obstacles came in your path.

"A little girl," Adrienne sighed. "I always thought it would be so nice to have a little girl. Don't you think, Billie?"

"Mhm," was all he said. He kept his emerald eyes on the road ahead.

"He always wanted to have a girl," she whispered into your ears. "He wanted to have a 'Daddy's Girl'," she smiled as she looked to her husband.

Your stomach felt like it just dropped. You felt so guilty. He'll be getting what he always wanted, but his wife will not be the one giving this to him.

"Do you want anything on the way home?" you saw his emerald eyes gazing at you. You were mesmerized by then, oblivious to the question he just asked.

"Roxy?" he asked again. You shook yourself out of this trance and said you didn't want anything.

"Are you sure, dear?" Adrienne asked from beside you. You nodded in agreement.

"Well I'm hungry," he chuckled from the driver's seat. "And if you happen to get hungry, I'll just bring you back something in case."

You giggled as he pulled into the Wendy's parking lot.

"Maybe I'll just happen to bring back a sour cream and onion baked potato with a junior bacon cheeseburger in case you seem to get hungry," he smiled as he got out of the car.

You nodded, knowing he wasn't going to take no for an answer. You should have know this by now. You were so shocked that he remembered that you always ordered that from this fast food place. But, you shouldn't be too surprised though. This isn't the first time he has shocked you with something he's done when you thought he wasn't paying attention.

The car was quiet, with just you and Adrienne sitting in the back seat. Every small movement against the new leathered seats sounded louder than it should. It felt awkward, you weren't exactly sure what to say. The guilt had your stomach, as well as your tongue, in a knot. And it didn't help there was a child in there to make you feel even more guilty.

You looked down to the white watch on your petite wrist. Billie Joe gave it to you, without it even being a holiday. You weren't exactly sure why he did, but you learned from him that he likes to surprise the people he cares about with nice gifts. When you opened the small box your eyes lit up. It was so gorgeous. The watch was white and had every number on a clock in diamonds. You couldn't even find words to thank him for this wonderful gift.

The hands on it ticked louder and louder with each second. What is there to say? Hey Adrienne, guess what? Billie's the dad! That's all that was on your mind.

Well, that and that bag full of delicious food that beautiful man was bringing back to the silent car. Damn these cravings, they're pulling you away from more serious things. But, these craving are from your child, and that is you top priority. Or is figuring out how to tell Adrienne the real father before the baby comes the priority?

This is like torture in my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am SO SO SO sorry for not updating for the past 5 months. I've had so much going on, and my computer wasn't working properly for a while, and then I lost my password.. But enough of my excuses. I'm back at this and hopefully I can update this a lot, but bear with me because school starts on Tuesday. But, again, I am SO SORRY

comment<333