Sequel: Light Years Away
Status: Active. Comment and Subscribe! I update FREQUENTLY

Emerald Eyes

Novacaine

You hear your phone ringing. It's too early fro anyone to be calling, and you were just accepting the Nobel Peace Prize from Gandhi. You groaned and picked up your cell phone.

Adrienne popped up on the screen. You were confused. But, you let out a yawn and answered the phone. You hear her sniffle on the other line, this can't be good.

"I'm so sorry to call, but Billie has locked himself in the studio yet again. I was wondering, maybe you can come over and talk to him?"

You're shocked by the invitation. Is she becoming suspicious? Why doesn't she call Mike or Tré to calm him down?

"Mike and Tré aren't answering their phone, they're probably still asleep. But I think Billie values your opinions and thoughts, and I think maybe you could help out here. If you're too busy though I do understand."

You stretch out of bed while telling Adrienne you'll be there in the next half hour. Not even caring what your appearance looks like, you put you sock monkey slippers on, grab your car keys, and head to the Armstrong residence.

When you pull in the driveway, Adrienne is already at the door waiting. She looks beautiful as usual, her long dark dreadlocks up in a messy bun. Her eyes look dark and sad, yet still managing to look stunning. Even though she is wearing a tank top and baggy sweatpants, she still looks amazing. You envy her in every way possible, she has everything you don't.

You get out of your car and are met by this beautiful woman. You can tell she's been crying, but she put makeup on to have a front for you. You weren't surprised. You hugged her tight to show that she was here for you and you cared.

It was true, you do care for her. After all, she is your best friend. Everyone needs a best friend to lean on. Even though the guilt of your actions weighs you down each say, all you can do is be there for her in every way possible.

Her voice sounds shaky, like she still isn't fully done crying. "Th-thank you so much for coming, Roxy. I didn't know what else to do. Luckily the boys are at school. I would never want them seeing Billie, or myself, act like this."

You tell her it was no problem for you to come and to lead you to the studio. She sniffled, nodded her head, and brought you inside. You walked down the long stairs, and you could hear a muffled sound of a guitar. Your heart skipped a beat.

"We had the place almost completely sound proofed, but not completely. That was, if someone was coming down here and heard the faint noise of the music they'd know not to just barge in," Adie explained.

You nodded your head and asked if you should just walk in.

She shrugged, "He'll expect it to be me. But once he sees you he'll get confused and stop playing. Then you'll be able to talk."

You nodded again and watched Adrienne turned her back to you and walk back up the stairs, her shoulders shaking as if she were crying again. You faced the door to the studio and opened it slowly, listening to the music as you came in.

"..sensation inside. Bitter sweet migraine in my head..."

His back was facing you. He had his black acoustic guitar plugged into the amplifier. The door opened so quietly no one would be able to hear it over the guitar playing.

"Its like a throbbing tooth ache of the mind. I can't take this feeling anymore..."

This love triangle was taking a bigger toll on him than you expected. He had just as much stress to deal with as you did. But combined, yous were two halves of a hole. You two needed each other to be completed. He's helped you out in so many situations, and you need to be there for him too. But, you have to be there for Adrienne too. You care about them both so much, but you know you're more worried about looking into those emerald eyes again than seeing Adie.

"Drain the pressure from the swelling, this sensation's overwhelming. Give me a long kiss goodnight and everything will be alright..."

You want them both in your life. You don't want to choose. But you know you will always pick him no matter what. After all, love is stronger than a friendship.

"Tell me that I won't feel a thing. So give me Novacaine."

But Adrienne. She's been nothing but kind to you, and this is how you repay her. You don't even deserve to have someone life Adrienne as your friend. All you've done is hug her and say it will be okay, then have a child with her husband. That's a real great friend.

"Out of body and out of mind, kiss the demons out of my dreams..."

You don't know what to do, to say, to even think to make everything okay for everyone. You want everyone to come out of this happy, and you know people are going to be hurt and hearts are going to be broken. The last thing you ever want to do is hurt someone.

You walk to a nearby chair, but instead of sitting on it, you knock the chair over. The music cuts short and you see those emerald eyes look at you

He walks over, confused, but a smirk on his face. "Smooth, Rox."

You feel your cheeks get hot and you giggle nervously. You go to pick the chair up, but he's already at your side picking it up. He looked into your hazel eyes and smiled, "You've always been a clumsy person, dear."

You nervously laugh again, unsure what to say since you just made a fool out of yourself in front of him.

He kisses you lightly on the lips unexpectedly. You feel his breath on your ear whispering, "At least your beautiful so it makes up for it."

You heart skips a beat and you completely forget why you came down here in the first place. Luckily, though, his sweet voice rings through your ears and asks the question you were forgetting.

"So what brings you to my side of the woods, Roxy?" His green eyes were playfully smiling at you.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments<3