Sequel: Light Years Away
Status: Active. Comment and Subscribe! I update FREQUENTLY

Emerald Eyes

Astonishment

Day three: you're beginning to loose all hope of this love affair. You miss him, his voice, his touch. His eyes. Things don't feel the same at night when he isn't next to you. You miss the way you could feel his steady breathing of his chest moving against your back when you're sharing the same sheets. You miss waking up to his fingers lightly tracing the back of your neck, sending chills down your spine.

You miss staring into those eyes. Those green pools that never ended.

You think to yourself you have to give this time, there are other people important to him in his life. They might be even more important than you are to him. You understand he has a family to tend to, but it's been the longest since you two have talked to each other.

You slowly saunter over to your television. Since it is still fairly early, you assume the morning news is still on. You're hoping to see what the weather is in order to plan out the rest of your day. Luckily, the weatherman on the local station informs you the sky will be clear and the sun will be shining. You smile to yourself with satisfaction and walk back to your room to prepare yourself.

You walk out of your room, outfitted in a simple orange sun dress matched with wooden sandals. You grab your keys next to the front door and precede outside towards your car. The yellow Cooper clicks as you unlock it, the leather interior forms with your body on it. You decided to get your mind off of all your problems, you were going to indulge yourself with new clothes.

You decide to first go to the boutique your friend owns, Urban Apparel. You actually like a lot of the clothes your friend supplies in the store, and it was nice to help with business as well. As you park your car in an available space, you notice your friend's car isn't in its usual spot. You figure that she took a day off since it was so beautiful out.

As you enter the store, a bell chimes indicating a new customer. The store is fairly quiet, but that's typical for it. There was a fair amount of people in there. The store was quite large, so you had a lot of room to yourself. You could hear a teenage girl in the fitting room talking to her friend outside the door, complaining she had to go a size up in jeans. You chuckle at how self-conscience girls can be. You remembered how you were once the same way, but once finding yourself, you discovered you need to love yourself for who you are, or you would never move on with life.

You were caught up in old memories, so you didn't notice a woman not paying attention as well. You both collide, belongings dropping to the floor.

"I am so sorry!" You both say in unison. At the same time, you both chuckle, too.

"I'm really sorry, I got caught up in my phone conversation and didn't pay attention to where I was going," the woman explained. You never saw a woman with such strong facial features, she was beautiful. The way her long dreadlocks framed her face was amazing. You never thought before women could wear dreads, thinking they were only a men's hairstyle. But, you were completely wrong once you saw her.

You tell her how you were lost in a train of thought and you hope nothing was damaged.

She laughs, "No, it completely fine. My husband was just bitching on the phone how I need to pick up the newspaper on the way home."

The woman seemed so peaceful, it was obvious she meant what she said and wasn't angry at the collision. She look humble, and her personalty shined outward with her brilliant smile.

You laugh along and say how you enjoy living independently.

The woman sighs, "It feels like that sometimes to me too."

You have a questioned look on your face, not wanting to pry into other's lives. She apologized, "I'm sorry. I just get frustrated sometimes."

You nod your head at the awkward silence. You compliment her on how wonderful her hair frames her face.

She smiles and thanks you, "Are you busy today?" You say no. She continues, "Well maybe, if you're available, we could have coffee and get to know each other. You seem so nice, and it's nice to make new friends."

You agree and begin a new friendship by telling her your name is Roxana Phillips.

"Nice to meet you, Roxana. I'm Adrienne. Adrienne Armstrong."
♠ ♠ ♠
comments please I'd appreciate it :)