Sequel: Light Years Away
Status: Active. Comment and Subscribe! I update FREQUENTLY

Emerald Eyes

Honesty

The clock ticks continuously as each second moves on.
Then those seconds turn into minutes.
Those minutes become hours.
It feels like an eternity.
Of silence.

He told you he was going home. He was going to face his wife, tell her once and for all he has been unfaithful. He was going to tell her things between them was done, that they're marriage wasn't working any longer.

He was going to be yours together.

Was he going to tell her of your child? You don't remember him saying so. But, what would happen if he was to? She would already be furious at the fact of his second life, but to have a baby with the mistress? That would just make this whole stressful situation so much worse.

You raked your fingers through your auburn hair. You watched the clock move by each second. You tapped your fingers nervously on the table, beginning to make a beat. You bit your already short nails as you stared intensely at the clock. You were worried.

You tried to occupy yourself on other things. You tried playing guitar, but stopped soon after your string broke. You couldn't remember the last time you changed your strings, or even tuned it properly. You tried drawing, but your pencil broke. You became frustrated and threw the sketchbook down. You rubbed your temples and began crying. Everything around you you once loved ended up the same way you are.

Broken.

What if he fixes things with his wife? What if Adrienne says she forgives him and wants to try and work things out? What if he actually agrees?

Your thoughts are interrupted by the phone ringing. You sprint towards it, excited and nervous at the same time to answer. What if he's calling to say it's over between you and him? Or he could be calling to say they're done and he'll be right over. You slowly pick up the phone, move it to your right ear and say hello.

"Roxana Phillips, I have been trying to get a hold of you for almost a month now. I was thinking I was going to have to call the authorities to see if you were still alive!"

You say hello to your mother and catch your breath from being so nervous. But just as the nervous feeling leaves it comes back again. You still have yet to hear his voice again.

"So, how is my little girl? I feel like I haven't talked to you in ages!"

Five months to be exact. Once you found out you were pregnant you lost contact from all family and friends. You didn't want them involved for the sake of the father's reputation. If your family found out, one of them was bound to sell that information to any tabloid magazine for a decent amount of cash. You sighed and just agreed that it's been too long since you've talked to your mother.

"How are things? Any new boys?"

Your mother was always one to be blunt and go straight in for the kill. You knew the boyfriend question was going to be asked. If you said you had one, you were going to be asked when the wedding and grandchildren were coming. If you said you didn't, you would be put on an Oprah special about young women who cut men off from their lives.

Your parents have always thought you had relationship problems. You had your fair share of dates in high school, but you never brought any boy home after the first date. It wasn't that you didn't want a boyfriend, it was just that none of them really made your heart skip a beat. None of them gave you a reason to wake up in the morning and get yourself looking and smelling nice. None of them made you go to bed with a smile and wake up with that same smile. None of them made you happy.

But, you have that happiness now. You waited longer than a lot of girls your age had to to find that special someone, "the one", but you found him and you couldn't have asked for a more perfect man.

Your new happiness gave you more confidence. It made you realize as long as you're with the person you truly love you can remain happy forever. It made you realize that you don't need to worry about what anyone says, does or thinks of you because at the end of the day you'll come home to the person you thinks your perfect in every way possible.

This confidence gave you the courage to bluntly tell your mother you're pregnant, just like she bluntly asked the question.

"You're what?!" she shrieked into the phone, both anger and confusion in her voice.

You repeated yourself calmly.

"Since when?" You could begin to hear the anger take over the confusion.

Five months ago.

"Five fucking months, Roxana. And you choose to tell me now? No, actually I had to call you. I bet if I never even called now I wouldn't have even know this child was born. That's horrible, Roxana."

You tell her it was your life and if she wanted to involve you in it she would, not be forced to involve her.

"Do not give me that attitude Roxana Phillips. Am I even going to know who the father of my grandchild is? Or am I not going to know until I'm on my death bed?"

You tell her to stop being so over dramatic and that you were getting off the phone because not only were you waiting for a phone call, but you weren't going to sit here on the phone and be harassed.

"Don't you dare han-"

You hung up. Dealing with your mom's dramatic rant was the last thing you needed to deal with. Even if that was the last time you ever talked to her, you didn't care. You had the love of your life and a new being was going to be brought into this world because of the two of you.

Your phone rings again. You pick it up on the first ring and tell your mom you hung up for a reason.

"Roxy?" It wasn't your mom.

It was that beautiful voice you've been waiting to hear from all day.
♠ ♠ ♠
while wrting this, i just came up with an idea for a new story. it will be a sequal to this story, but i'm going to begin writing it now so i don't loose my train of thought since i alreayd know how i'm going to end this story. thank you for all your nice comments and for even reading it!