Sequel: Light Years Away
Status: Active. Comment and Subscribe! I update FREQUENTLY

Emerald Eyes

Dreams

He sighs into the phone, "I just flat out told her what was going on. She was pissed as hell at first, but she says she sort of expected this from me. I wasn't sure if I should get pissed at her for saying that. I figured that I was in enough shit to not dig myself a deeper grave," he chuckles dryly.

You ask him where he is.

"Packing some shit. Maybe you could spare some room in that big white bed of yours?"

You could just imagine his eyebrows wiggling frantically over his emerald eyes. You couldn't help but giggle at the image in your head. You agreed and told him you'd have the door unlocked waiting for him.

He made a noise on the phone, "Oh no, don't unlock that door. Keep that locked. I don't want Tré sneaking up in there again claiming he just wanted sugar."

You can't help but bust out laughing. Even in a situation like this, thinking of the other day when Tré sneaked into your house claiming he just wanted sugar made the mood lighter.

Tré had that effect on people, he was such a kid at heart but serious when you needed him to be. He was like the perfect older brother. Mike was like that too, but after Adrienne tried to set you too up before it's always been slightly awkward between you too, especially since he found out you were having a child with his best friend.

You promise you'll keep your door locked, and that you'll see him soon.

"I can't wait to see you," he purrs into the phone and sends chills down your spine.

You agree with him and a smile is plastered on your face, so happy to be able to see him so soon.

"I can hear you smiling in the phone," he chuckles. "You just get cuter every day, don't you?"

You can't help but giggle more and smile harder. He made you feel special, like you meant something to someone. He made you feel like he liked you for you, and not just your looks. He made you feel like you were the only person that matter in his life. He made you feel alive.

You hung up with him and ran around your house quickly cleaning things. Even though he'd be seeing how messy you get once he's been here for a few days, you wanted it to look nice when he first came over. You assume, though, that once he's here more messes will happen. You chuckle and continue your quick tidy.

After a ten minute clean up you sigh and plop down on your couch. You flip through the channels trying to find something good to watch. Luckily, it was a Wednesday and you knew that ghost hunters came on sci-fi, no wait syfy. You chuckle at the ridiculous name change of the channel and turn it on anyway. You love these ghost hunting shows too much to let a channel name change to stop you from watching it.

As the revealing part of the show was on, where the people decide if the home is haunted or not, you hear a knock at the front door. Excited, you ran to the front door to welcome those beautiful green eyes.

He stands there smiling, holding a suitcase and a bag of Wendy's. He shakes the bag lightly and looks at you, "I figured my two babies would be hungry."

You pressed your lips tight against his. You felt the weight of his suitcase drop and his now free hand on the small of your back. You smiled against his lips and he did the same. You snatched the Wendy's bag quickly from his grip and opened it. Jr. bacon cheeseburger and a baked potato. Mmm, your favorite. You kissed his cheek, telling him he was too good for you.

He picked his suitcase and followed you inside, "Nothing is too good for you babe."

He sets his things down, while telling you he left his guitar in his car, and headed into the living room where you are and watches ghost hunters with you.

He rubs his eyes and laughs, "They want you to believe that they were actually touched by a ghost? Jesus Christ, I could say right now I am."

You giggle and protest that it's a really good show. As he opens his mouth to make a sarcastic remake, he pauses and jumps up. Confused you ask him what's wrong.

"I felt something touch my leg." He makes his green eyes big and wide. "It was so cold. Was it a ghost? A gust of wind? Roxy, we might have to call TAPS in on this one. This place might be haunted!"

You laugh and playfully throw a pillow at him, telling him to hush. He laughs and sits down next to you, throwing an arm around you. He yawns, "Let's go to bed, babe. I'm so tired."

You agree and tell him you'll meet him in there after you shut the lights off. He nods and tells you he'll go get changed and he'll see you soon.

Walking away, he turns around and faces you, "Actually, I'm going to run down and get my guitar. I don't like the thought of it just sitting in my car, all alone."

You chuckle at the way he treats his guitars like children and tell him you'll see him soon.

You turned the television off, and everything was quiet. You could hear his feet shuffling in the other room, and the ticking of the clock you stalked earlier on in the day. But there was nothing else to be heard. It was so peaceful. It felt like he had been here so much longer, like he just fit here. No one would never have known he just left his wife if they just met you tonight.

But that's what had you worried. He didn't seem bothered at all about the fact that he just left his wife of twenty years. He seemed fine, calm. Like nothing was wrong. You didn't know if that was a good thing or bad thing. Should you ask him how he is doing? Should you just be happy there is no tension from him?

You figured if he wanted to talk, he'd come to you. He always did, just like you go to him with your problems. Maybe he was actually fine with the outcome, or he could be teared apart inside. What about his boys? When will he be able to see them again? You couldn't be able to not see your little girl on a daily basis, once she was born.

You walk towards your room and hear the low strumming of his guitar. You smile, glad that he wasn't too upset to stop playing. You always love hearing him play, his voice so mesmerizing. He never ceased to amaze you. You creep up to your room and listen to his melodic voice, making sure he didn't know you were right there.

"I'm walking down the line that divides me somewhere in my mind, on the border line of the edge and where I walk alone..."

You sat down next your door and pressed your knees to your chest. You closed your eyes and let the words coming out of his mouth into your ears. He calmed you, no matter what the situation was. All he needed to do was sing and you were at peace.

"Read between the lines, what's fucked up and every thing's alright. Check my vital signs to know I'm still alive and I walk alone..."

Your baby kicked slightly. You smiled and whispered to your stomach that was her daddy. Her amazing father.

"My shadow's the only one that walks beside me. My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating. Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me, 'til then I walk alone..."
♠ ♠ ♠
today was such a good day i decided to make this chapter longer than a lot of them. i've been on this diet to loose some weight to fit perfectly into these juicy couture jeans, and now they fit like heaven and im in such a great mood right now.

i'm actually really excited for the sequal to start, i just don't want to keep talking about it to make you all hyped for it and it ends up sucking ass. so i'll just keep to myself with it now lol. i don't know how much longer this story is going to be, i'm trying to speed up to four months, but there's so many ideas i have for in between i don't know what to do with myself! haha

thank you for all the super nice comments <3