Sequel: Light Years Away
Status: Active. Comment and Subscribe! I update FREQUENTLY

Emerald Eyes

Doll House

You were brought to your senses when you opened your eyes.

You look to your left and saw the black SUV he drives parked on a cemented grey driveway, sunflowers scattered along both sides. You look to your right and see a large tree leaning over you, give you complete shade on this sunny day. On a thick tree branch, you see a wooden swing, complete with think rope handles trailing up the the top. You see small little birds chirping in all the small branches, like they were made for them.

You look down on the lush green grass you were placed on. The blanket the two of you shared was placed perfectly in the center of the large lawn. In front of you was an opened picnic basket, but nothing was taken out yet. You look at him and ask what's in the basket.

He smirks, "The perfect lunch for a perfect woman." You smile and watch him reach into the basket. You smile even wider when out of the basket comes a sour cream and onion and jr. bacon cheeseburger. You laugh from complete happiness.

He was always amazing you. He surprises you constantly with how well he knows you. He always is doing this sweet things when you least expect it, and he does it because he wants to not that he feels like he has to.

You look at him and say this is such a perfect afternoon. He smiles, "You didn't even see the best part yet!"

You look at him confused. What more could you ask for than a calm afternoon in this perfect scenery with the love of you life?

He moves close to your ear. He whispers, "Turn around, love."

When you turned around, your jaw dropped.

Here you were staring at this beautiful two story home. It looked as though it was a life sized doll house. The home was an off white color with tan colored shudders along with a porch in the front of the house. Flowers were placed all around the home, all different colors with a picket fence boarding the entire land. A stream traced the side of the fence leading into the vast woods behind this doll house. The home looked like it was Victorian style, your favorite. You've never seen anything more perfect for a home.

"Do you like it?" He asked eagerly. You shook your head quickly, telling him it was beautiful.

He comes close to your ear, "It's ours."

Your jaw is on the floor. you turn around, wide-eyed, and star at him in disbelief. This is your home? You ask him if he's serious.

He shakes his head with a smile on his face. "Of course I'm serious! I thought our daughter needed a proper home to live in, with a yard and everything. The paperwork isn't finalized yet, so if you don't like it I can back out of the offer. But I thought it was perfect."

You tell him it's what you've always dreamed of for a home. You feel your eyes glaze over with water. No one has ever done something this extravagant for you. You felt like a spoiled princess.

"I hope those are tears of joy!" You hear him chuckle from next to you. As you tell him they are, you feel his arms wrap around you. You tell him you don't know how you would ever be able to thank him for the generosity he has show you over these couple of years.

"You've already thanked me, Roxana. You've given me a whole new reason to live. This is the least I could do for how amazing you are. Plus, I wanted to make this the perfect little family, picket fence and all."

You turn around and wrap your arms around his neck. You feel his arms embrace the hug. The two of you stand there, holding each other and listening to the beautiful noises around you.

He lets go of you and stares excitedly. "I almost forgot! I had an idea for a song, and I wanted you to hear it!"

Giggling at how adorable he looked when he got excited, you told him that you always love hearing new songs. You wondered though to yourself where his guitar was.

"Okay," almost like he was reading your thoughts, "Let me go get my guitar from the car. I'll be right back!"

You watched him jog over to the car and right back to you, a smile plastered to his face. Carefully placing the acoustic guitar on the blanket, he plops himself down as well, sitting Indian-style. He looks at you with the guitar in his lap, right hand on the neck of the guitar. "Ready?" he asks. You nod your head frantically, excited for the music to be played.

"She's a rebel, she's a saint. She's salt of the earth and she's dangerous. She's a rebel, vigilante. Missing link on the brink of destruction..."

You watch as the smile never leaves his face. You've never seen him so happy to be playing a song for you. Instead of watching his emotions, you lay on your back and listen to the music.

"From Chicago to Toronto, she's the one that they call old whatsername. She's the symbol
of resistance and she's holding on my heart like a hand grenade..."

You can hear the excitement in his voice as he sings. You grin ear to ear, hands on your stomach, and watch the clouds go by as your foot taps to the music.

"Is she dreaming what I'm thinking? Is she the mother of all bombs gonna detonate. Is she trouble like I'm trouble? Make it a double twist of fate..."

You feel your little girl kicking, enjoying her daddy play as much as you were. You hoped that she had musical interest like you and her father had. Even though you don't play guitar like you used to, you still have the passion for it. But, so much has been going on lately you just haven't had the time.

"Or a melody that she sings the revolution, the dawning of our lives. She brings this liberation that I just can't define. Nothing comes to mind..."

You hoped while he was away on tour, you would be able to teach her to play an instrument. You hoped that she'd pick up as easily as you and her father had. It's not that you would push music onto her, it would just be so nice to have a family full of musicians. No matter what your little girl was into, sports, music, science, anything; you would love her unconditionally.

"She's a rebel, She's a rebel, She's a rebel, And she's dangerous."

The song ended and you sat up grinning. You told him it was great, like every other song you've ever heard by him. You told him he wrote beautifully.

He placed the guitar down and kissed you. "You're my favorite person to sing to, Roxana. I love watching your different emotions while I play. It's like you know how I was feeling when I wrote each song and portray the emotion I had at that exact moment. You prove that these lyrics make sense and this isn't just a bunch of words thrown together."

You kiss him back and tell him everything you've ever written has made sense. You feel like with these songs he's been playing lately, it's like you're being sung a story. All these songs seem to intertwine with each other. You tell him you're always excited to hear the next part to the story.

His face looks like a light bulb just went off in his head. "Roxana Phillips, you just gave me the best idea possible. A story is told with each song you say? Why not make this into a rock story. No, better even, a rock opera!"

He grabs his phone out of his pocket and begins dialing a number, "I have to tell the guys this!" As he's dialing, though, he stops and puts his phone away. Confused, you ask him what's wrong.

He looks at you and smiles, "Nothing at all, pumpkin. This is our day together. Tré and Mike can wait another day to hear my news. Right now, it all about my two girls," he places a hand on your stomach and looks at you smiling.

You tell him you love him. He smiles at you, "I love you too, Roxana."

Just as you're about to kiss, you feel the baby kick. You smile as you feel his hand jerk back. "Did you feel that?" He asked thrilled. "She kicked! She kicked!"

You giggled at his delight. "This is the most amazing day ever," he says as he kisses you for the millionth time today.

He was right, this is the best afternoon you've ever had.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just got my 200th reader! So happy lol. I decided to wait until today to post this. I'm going to try and write another chapter tonight for tomorrow, but I can't promise it. I have two big tests tomorrow I have to study for. But don't worry, I'll start studying now so I can try and write more later on tonight.
Please comment, I feel like everyone is loosing interest in this story :(
<3