Sequel: Light Years Away
Status: Active. Comment and Subscribe! I update FREQUENTLY

Emerald Eyes

Admiration

You've been waking up the happiest you ever have for the past couple of weeks now. Everything in your life was finally working out the way it should. You had the man of your dreams, a perfect little girl on the way, and a home to wrap your amazing new family up into.

How could anything possibly go wrong?

As if on cue, the phone rings in your home. Already being mostly awake, you get up and go to the phone. Before picking it up, you notice the body usually lying next to you isn't there. Assuming he went and was making coffee in the kitchen, you answered the phone.

"Hello there my little blimp!" You laugh and say hello to Tré, asking him what's up.

You hear him yawn, "Nothing really, just bored and tired. I figured one of you two would be up at ten in the morning, probably you, so I decided to call. And what do you know, it was you that answered!"

Laughing again, you remind him that his best friend is always asleep until about noon, unless he has to take his boys to school. You hear him clear his throat, "Actually, speaking of the boys, I was actually calling to ask Billie is he's seen them, or Adrienne lately."

Confused, you tell him that you'll go ask him now. Before Tré can tell you not to wake him up, you cut him off by saying he's already up cause he wasn't in bed when you woke up. You hear him say okay as you walk into the kitchen. Sure enough, there he was making coffee which watching television from the kitchen.

"Do you see this shit they're playing on MTV, babe? Like, they make their moms go on dates with seventeen year old boys and tell them if they can date their daughter? What is this shit they have now?"

Hearing Tré laughing hysterically in the phone, you repeat the question he asked you earlier, while telling him it was Tré on the phone.

His face became straight, no smiles. "I haven't in a while, actually. The last time Adie asked me to take the boys to school was, like, two weeks ago I'd say."

Tré adds his own thoughts into it, "I haven't heard from her in a long time. I keep in touch as much as possible, they are my god sons. But I called a few days ago, and no one ever answered. It just went right to the answering machine."

You repeat this information to those emerald eyes staring at you. He places his hand on his hip as his eyes look deep in thought. "I didn't realize it was this bad. I think I'm going to have to call over there and see what's going on. She better not have pulled some bullshit where she took the boys with her back to her mom's."

As if reading his mind, you tell Tré you're going to have to call him back since the phone was about to be used. "Okay, just let me know what's going on. God fathers need to be informed too, missy!"

You giggle a little as you say goodbye. Tré was always good for trying to make a serious situation a little lighter, and he always did a good job at it.

Handing the phone over to him, he smiles and thanks you. He sighs as he dials the seven digits, "She always knows how to stress me out."

You watch as he stands motionless with the phone in his hand. You see his face drop when it has obviously come to the answering machine. He sighs again, "Hey Adrienne, it's me. Billie. Uh, Tré has been trying to get a hold of you, and now that he mentioned it, I haven't heard from you or the boys in a while now. Call me back, don't leave me worried here, Adrienne. Please."

You went over to give him a hug, to comfort him, but he put his hand up in protest. "Not yet, babe. This kind of shit I need to just be by myself for a little. I really am sorry, I'm not trying to be a prick, but it works out better like this."

You nod in understanding and tell him you're going to take a quick walk around the apartment building. You wanted to give him a little time by himself to gather his thoughts together. He smiles, "You really are the best, babe. I don't know what I would do without you in my life."

You smile weakly and walk out of the door. You were slightly hurt that he was fine with you just leaving while he was mad, but you knew it was for the better. You always wanted to make him happy, just like he always wanted to make you happy. It was a relationship that wasn't one way, you both helped each other when it was needed. You were like a team, like best friends and not just lovers. You were happy you found someone so perfect, you could call him your soul mate.

You breathed in the fresh California air. It was towards the end of February now. A little over two months were left until you brought the little being inside of you into the world. Excited didn't even cover half of what you were feeling. If you told yourself a year ago you would be having a baby with the lead singer of one of the most popular bands in the world, you would never believe it.

You shook your head in disbelief that this was all happening so quick while you smiled at how glad you are that it did happen. You walk back into your apartment building and hear him strumming on that guitar. He's been playing more frequently and you aren't complaining one bit. You and your little always get into the best moods ever hearing him play a melody and sing with his pure voice.

"She's always living like she's running out of time. Too much just ain't enough to keep her satisfied. Her plastic card is filled with nothing comes to mind. It's now her occupation that she's overqualified..."

You close the door silently. From the depth of the music, you can tell he's in the living room. You keep left and head into your bedroom. You kick your shoes off you lay on the big white cloud you call your bed.

"The looks are always so deceiving. The truth is always misconstrued to you..."

Your foot bobs with the rhythm of the song. The story he's been telling unravels more and more as each chords is played. You've heard everything from the hardships of a divorce, to the loneliness of feeling like there's no one to talk to, to finding the most extraordinary girl he's ever found.

"Too much too soon. Too little and now your coming unglued. Too much too soon. Too late and now it sucks to be you too..."

You know more about him each day, without him even saying a word to you. His music is his life, his emotions. How he is feeling at that moment reflects in his songs. You have always wished to have that ability. It's not something you can learn to have, it's something you're born with.

"He's talking shit about how it's better way back when. He lives every waking moment as means to an end. We are, we are but I'm not, I never used to be. So god bless your fucking past and to hell with your glory..."

You can just imagine him right now in the living room. With his legs spread across the sofa, head against the armrest, his eyes are closed and he's enjoying every moment he has that guitar in his hands.

"Too much too soon. Too little and now your coming unglued. Too much too soon. Too late and now it sucks to be you too..."

He is fully committed to his music. Not in the aspect of the fame and fortune, but the fans. That is what he loves. Who wouldn't? You play shows for sold out venues that can hold thousands and thousands of screaming fans, adoring you and the music you play. You walk along that catwalk and see the emotions you once had when playing that song shining right back at you. You watch as the mouths of millions move in the same pace as yours, singing every words along side of you. It's a chance of a lifetime not everyone gets, and you know that those green eyes look out to the crowd and is thankful he can even experience it for one night.

"She packs her bags and says goodbye and bon voyage. Farewell we'll see you in hell I hope you rest in pieces. Fuck you!"

You envy his commitment he's had for almost fifteen years now. He still manages, after all these years, to create music to go with any age group. He, and all of his band, appeal to millions of people daily. They connect with people they may never meet. But, that doesn't stop them from creating the music so many people listen to every single day. You admire his dedication to something he loves.

You smile, listening to the song continue to play as you nod off into a sleep.

"Too much too soon. Too little and now your coming unglued. Too much too soon. Too late and now it sucks to be you too..."
♠ ♠ ♠
even though "Too Much Too Soon" isn't on teh actual American Idiot CD, it IS on the b-sides, plus i thought the song fit with Billie being pissed at Adie for being m.i.a. at the moment

your comments are all so nice, they always put a smile on my face. especially when i read i got a new reader! thank you all so much for reading, commenting, and subscribing! i'm going to work on a new chapter plus some more to the sequal later on tonight when i'm done studying!<3 i didn't get a chance last night to update because there was a 2 hour season premire of House, so sorry about that!