Sequel: Light Years Away
Status: Active. Comment and Subscribe! I update FREQUENTLY

Emerald Eyes

Savannah

You place tape over the last opened box of your belongings. It was heavy, so you pushed it to the door so your helpful movers could carry it to the moving van that you rented for the week, giving you enough time to drive all the way to New Jersey and have it delivered home in time. Well, it wouldn't be "home" anymore, but it would always be home to you.

You watched the door open and saw Tré's radiating blue eyes look at you, "Is this the last box?"

You nod your head. As he's bending over to pick the box up, you thank him that he and Mike we so willing to help you pack everything up, despite all the recent changes that have taken place.

He grins, "Don't mention it! We're both so happy to help you out, and that cute little girl of yours."

You look over at your beautiful baby girl. She has pale skin. It wasn't a sick looking pale, more like she has porcelain skin. It looked perfect, and it was smooth to the touch. She has plump pink little lips that were constantly in a smile. She didn't have much hair on her head, but her eyebrows were brown, giving you an indication she was a brunette. Her little ears felt like velvet against your fingers. And those long, naturally curled eyelashes made her eyes look big and beautiful.

Those eyes.

They were magnificent. They were large, full of interest in everything she saw. There was so much emotion in them. If she looked sad, just looking into her eyes made you want to cry with her. If she was giggling, she cheerful look in her eyes made a smile onto your own face. The way the little specks of gold shone in the sunlight was captivating, you couldn't keep your eyes off of her own.

And that color. Those emerald eyes, just like her father. Every time you looked into them you saw her father. Every time you looked into them you saw everything you left behind. Every time you looked into them, you didn't know whether you should smile or to cry.

As Tré was leaving, box in his hands, Miek entered. He had a large grin on his face. He walked over to the carrier your little girl was in, "My little birthday buddy!"

Mike was ecstatic when your baby, Savannah, was born just two days after his own birthday, May 6th. Months ago, he predicted it to be on his own birthday, but two days off is an exception you figured. Now, three months after she was born, everyone was in love with your perfect girl, and you couldn't have asked for a better daughter.

Mike linked his index finger into her hand, taking up the whole space. You giggled at the size difference. He sighed, "I'm really going to miss seeing her grown up into a beautiful young women," he looked at you, "She's going to look just like you."

You blushed, thanking Mike and telling him you were going to miss everyone so much. It was the truth, these men have made you into a such a better person. They've helped you come out of your shell. They molded you into a women, and you could never find the words to thank them for it.

Tré walked in, looking out of breath from all the work he had to do, "That was the last of them! I didn't think that would ever end!"

You laugh, thanking him and Mike again for all of their help.

Tré threw his arms in the air smiling, "I already said there, sweet cheeks, it's no problem at all! We wanted to help you out!"

You tried keeping your composure while telling them you were going to miss them. They were like your older brothers, you couldn't imagine your life without either one of them in it with you.

Tré wrapped his arms around you, "We're going to miss you too, blimpy. Well, I can't exactly call you that anymore since Savannah finally popped out."

You giggled, telling him you would always be blimpy to him, no matter how much you blew up after all the junior bacon cheeseburgers and baked potatoes you'll eat from Wendy's.

He laughed, "Oh, Roxy, I'm gonna miss that humor of yours."

You felt tears in your eyes as you told him you were going to miss his humor as well. Who else was going to make you laugh when you cry?

He looked at you straight in the eyes, "You can always call me, Roxana. No matter what time, I'll always be just a phone call away. Okay?"

You nod your head, telling him you'll never hesitate to call.

Mike turns to you, "Same goes for me. If Tré somehow doesn't answer, I'm here too."

"But I have no other friends besides Mike and Billie, so I don't think I'll ever be busy," Tré chimed in. He saw your expression at his name spoken, and looked like he instantly regretted opening his mouth.

Mike broke the awkward silence, handing you an envelope, "Open this when you get in the car. Me and Tré are going to drive first because we know where we're going the whole way to New Jersey. So just follow us."

You nod your head, taking the envelope from him. On the front it says you and your daughter's name.

"Ready?" Mike asks while opening the door for you.

You grab Savannah in her carrier, telling him you would never be ready, but you have to do this. You place her securely in the car seat, all the time you little angel is staring at you with her big emerald eyes, curious about everything around her. You can't help but smile down at her in the seat. Settling yourself in the driver's seat, you open the envelope addressed to you.

To Roxana and Savannah,

We want you both to realize how important you are to all of us. You two have made such a tremendous impact on our lives, we couldn't thank you enough. You've made us appreciate life even more than we did before. You both were a blessing in disguise. Please don't ever forget us, because we will never forget both of you. Remember, we will always be here for you, no matter what. We're all just a phone call away. Good luck with everything you do, we know you'll be successful in anything you put your mind to, you're an amazing woman.

Love, Mike Tré and Billie Joe

P.S. Don't tell us you can't accept it. We'll refuse your refusal.


You watch as tears stain the paper, tear spots showing up scattered across the paper. You wipe the tears away and look inside of the envelope. You see there's another piece of paper. Pulling it out, you realize it's a check. A check for thirty thousand dollar.

Thirty thousand dollar?

They couldn't be serious. Ten thousand from each of them? This couldn't be, you couldn't accept this.

Don't tell us you can't accept it. We'll refuse your refusal.

You sigh, they knew you too well. You turned your car on. Looking in your rear view mirror, you make sure that his black acoustic guitar and secured safely in the trunk of your car. Beeping your horn to let them know you're ready, you follow Mike and Tré in the moving van in front of you. You take a deep breath, this is the moment that you thought would never happen.

After about a half hour of driving, you look in your mirror and see your little girl sound asleep. You smile, admiring how peaceful she looked. Deciding she wouldn't wake up, you turned the radio on to a low volume.

"Good morning, you Californians!" the radio announcer said, "We have a very big treat for all you Green Day fans!"

You felt your heart freeze. You felt your stomach drop. You felt your palms get sweaty. You couldn't believe the coincidence.

The man continues, "A little side note on this, we heard that Green Day actually had a different single as their first, but front man Billie Joe Armstrong wanted this one to be put out first. He says that it's for someone close to his heart and hopes that they hear this," the announcer chuckles, "Sounds like someone's lucky to have a song written for them by one of the very best! Well, here is is, folks. Green Day's first single off their new album, American Idiot. Whatsername."

The song begins with just the drums. A melodic note playing follows soon after. Then, his angelic voice is heard.

"Thought I ran into you down on the street. Then it turned out to only be a dream. I made a point to burn all of the photographs. She went away and then I took a different path. I remember the face, but I can't recall the name. Now I wonder how whatsername has been..."

You drove down the highway, knuckles clenched so tight they were turning white. You didn't know if you could even make it past the next verse without completely breaking down into tears.

"Seems that she disappeared without a trace. Did she ever marry old whatshisface? I made a point to burn all of the photographs. She went away and then I took a different path. I remember the face, but I can't recall the name. Now I wonder how whatsername has been..."

The music broke down into a faster pace. Your sight was beginning to become blurred with hot, salty tears.

"Remember, whatever, it seems like forever ago! Remember, whatever, it seems like forever ago! The regrets are useless, in my mind, she's in my head. I must confess! The regrets are useless, in my mind, she's in my head from so long ago!"

You wanted to yell to him, yell to him that he was in your head too. You wanted him to wrap you in his arms. You wanted him to kiss your tears away and tell you it was all going to be okay.

"And in the darkest night, if my memory serves me right, I'll never turn back time. Forgetting you, but not the time."

You hope he'll never forget you, because you promised him you would never forget him. You wanted him more than anyone else.

You looked back to your daughter. It was for her sake. You wanted her to live a normal life, and not deal with any stress from rumors and tabloids. When the time came, when it was right, you two would be together again.

You put your sunglasses on as you began to leave the California state border.

You just knew you two were soul mates.
♠ ♠ ♠
it's finally done! thank you to all of your nice comments and support! i will be posting the sequel by friday, so be prepared for the next part to this story. i think i'll be titling it "Light Years Away" sounds good?

please comment!<333