Sequel: Light Years Away
Status: Active. Comment and Subscribe! I update FREQUENTLY

Emerald Eyes

Jealousy

A few days after your lovely breakfast, Adrienne called you. She wanted to see if you would like to join her for lunch. You accept the offer, and she tells you she'll come and pick you up in an hour. After you give her directions to your home, you say your goodbyes and hang up the phone.

The hour flew by rather fast, because a silver car pulled up into your driveway. You were expecting to see the black car that is parked at that house, but you assumed the couple has separate cars.

You hear the car door shut, and your doorbell rings moments later. You hurry to the door and open it.

"Hey Roxy!" the dread locked woman exclaims, her smile beaming.

You welcome her with a hug, telling her to let you get your bag and you can proceed to lunch.

"Oh," she begins, "I hope you don't mind but my husband and his friend, Mike, are joining us."

You stop in your tracks. You wonder if the day will be awkward between you two. But, as not to cause suspicion, you tell her that sounds great. You say you've wanted to meet her husband.

She begins telling you that Mike also plays in their band, and how nice of a man he is. She says you would probably like him, that you and him may have a lot in common. You take note that your friend may have brought Mike along as a set up for you two, her thinking that she could be a match maker between you two. After all, you did give the impression the man involved in your life isn't much of a "boyfriend".

You return to the front of the house, ready for the day ahead. As you go to the car, you see a piercing pair of green eyes staring from the passenger's seat. You get butterflies in your stomach, as though it was your first date. As you begin to think, the only place you went with him was the night you met him. Other than that, you two rarely went out together. You wondered if you should be enraged, or upset about this fact.

You go to the back seat, where another man was seated. You assumed this was Mike. As you open the car and sit down, you look to your left. The new man smiled at you and extends a hand.

"Hi, I'm Mike. Adrienne told me a lot about you."

You take his hand and shake it. You tell him your name is Roxana, but he could call you Roxy if he liked to. He smiled and said you have a pretty name. You thank him, flattered by the new attention you were getting. You look at the mirror next to the passenger's seat and notice that a pair of green eyes are glaring at you. You ignore the looks and continue to talk to Mike.

You noticed how icy his blue eyes are. Comparing them to the green eyes you woke up to some mornings was no competition, but they were beautiful. Those blue eyes were also kind, you could tell. He looked like he could never hurt a soul.

You saw Adrienne turn around and give you a small smile. You could tell she believed she made a nice match. Her husband, on the other hand, never said one word the whole car ride.

As the silver car pulled into a parking spot, you stomach began to make you feel nauseous. You had a terrible feeling the green eyes were filled with anger. Jealousy.

As the four of you sit down at a booth, you realize the hunger in your stomach had disappeared. You look up from your seat and notice you are sitting across from the emerald eyes. And when you look to your side, you are caught up in icy blue.

To break the silence, Adrienne asks you about the store you two met at. You tell her how your friend has owned it for only a few years, but so far business has been wonderful. She tells you she's been going there for the past year, and that she loves the clothes and how beautifully they fit. You smile, happy that your best friend was getting marketable customers. As you two chat about clothing, you're both interrupted by angry green eyes.

"So, Mike, how your girlfriend, Brittany?"

Mike purses his lips together tightly, obviously this was a soft subject. "Billie Joe, you know what happened. We broke up. A while ago."

"Oh, really? Why was it again? Wasn't it because you never saw her, because you put your job before love?"

Those blue eyes became ice, giving the strongest glares to his best friend. Adrienne, shocked with what was happened, interjected, "Billie Joe, what has gotten into you?"

Her husband smirked, "Nothing, sweetheart. You look so beautiful today." He kissed the crook of her neck, letting a soft giggle come out of her. You sat there in disbelief. He looked up at you, smirked and began showing more affection to his wife.

Before you could see anymore, you placed a napkin over your barely eaten plate. You tell Adrienne and Mike you are sorry, but you have to leave. You forgot you had errands to run today. Though they asked you to stay, they let you go after politely declining. Before you left, you looked into those green eyes. There was no anger, you had no anger inside of you. You were hurt, betrayed.

You quickly walked, not sure where to go. Adrienne had taken you, so she was your ride home.

"Roxana!" you hear a voice call out. You walk faster, knowing who was calling you. The voice called your name out again. You didn't stop walking. You knew you couldn't fall into his charm again.

The footsteps behind you quicken, you can hear the way they hit the pavement. You quicken your pace even more, so you are almost at a slow jog. An hand grabs your wrist, slowing you down until you stop walking. You turn around, and see those eyes.

"I'm sorry, Roxana. I'm so sorry."

You jerk your wrist from his grip and tell him to leave you alone. You realize now that you were nothing but a time slot. You told him you know he doesn't love you, and that you've accepted it.

His green eyes begin to grow watery. You've never seen him on the verge of tears before. It breaks your heart. You know you're falling into his plan. "Please, Roxy. I did it because I was jealous. I don't want you liking Mike. I want you liking me. You mean so much to me. I don't want to loose you."

He falls to his knees, sobbing into your jacket. You go onto your knees as well, cupping his head into your hands. You wipe the tears from his face. You hug him, as he cries into your shoulder. He continues to apologize, and you tell him it's okay.

"It isn't okay. But believe me, angel, it will never happen again."

You pull his face from your shoulder, still holing it in your hands. You stare into his emerald eyes. You tell him it is okay.

"I love, Roxy. I really do."

You tell him you love him too. He says you mean everything to him, and you tell him he means so much to you as well.

You stand up and help him up. He embraces you one more time, holding onto you as though he never wants to let go. He lets go, snaking an arm around the back of your waist.

"Come on, I'll drive you home. Adie said she wanted to finish her lunch, and Mike did too. So I told them I would drive you home and come and get them."

You smile as he opens the passenger seat for you. The two of you drive home, hand in hand, to your home. He drops you off, telling her he would try to call later today. You smile and reach over your seat to his. You grab the back of his head into yours. You give his a kiss full of passion, both of your tongues exploring the other's mouth.

You let go, and he blinks in enjoyment.

"I love you." was all he has to say. You smile and walk into your house, feeling as though nothing could spoil your mood.

You go to your phone, checking to see if you have any messages. The blinking shows that you have one. You press the play button.

"Hey Roxy, it's Mike. Even though you had to leave so soon, I had a really nice time meeting you. I really would like to see you again. Maybe we could go out for coffee sometime. Well, give me a call later if you'd like."
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm not even going to ask for comments since no one does haha