Status: This is compleete.

This Broken City Sky

I'm lucky to have met you.

Today's the day that Mikayla arrives! I am so fucking excited right now! She called me a few hours ago saying she would be getting on the plane in half and hour, but now she's about halfway through her flight. After the phone call, I went back to sleep. But now I'm up, and it's 12:30.

I skipped down the stairs to be greeted by five guys watching television. I sat down on Bob's lap and stole the remote from Ray. I changed it to the news and they all shouted, "Hey!"

"Nope! Don't complain. I watch the news every day. So shut up and watch."

Right now they're talking about "Octo-Mom" who has, obviously, eight children. Who in the hell would have eight children? A fucked up person would, that's who. Apparently this women may get her own reality tv show.

Then they changed to the "Tot-Mom" who is a 23 year old women who killed her little girl and is now facing the electric chair on death row. Good. She fucking deserves it. That bitch killed an adorable toddler.

But then, something came on that caught my 100% attention. A plane crash. I slightly whimpered, hoping that I was just over reacting. It had the guys' attention too. Then, I heard it.

"Today, at 11:17am, flight 407 heading from Seattle, Washington to Belleville, New Jersey crashed due to a fueling error. There were sadly no survivors. One of the few bodies found was 17 year old, Mikayla Andrews. Her parents, Jim and Martha Andrews have already been contacted."

I couldn't take it anymore. I ran outside and accidentally tripped and fell on the lawn. It was raining but I didn't care. All I cared about was my Mikki! Why did she have to die?! I started sobbing harder, my emotions agreeing with the weather.

I felt someone pick me up and carry me inside, away from the rain and lay me on a bed. I then felt several blankets being layed on me to keep me warm. Then that someone layed down next to me and hugged me tight, shushing me softly as to calm me down.

But I didn't calm down, I wouldn't. I took a deep breath, to subside the crying so I could talk. "I-it's a-all my fault! I sh-shouldn't have told her t-to come down here! It's m-my fault! I h-hate myself! My f-fault!"

"Stephanie! Don't you dare say that! It wasn't your fault! It was whoever fueled the planes fault! So don't you ever say that!"

I turned around and saw Mikey next to me, also crying. "Why are you crying?"

"Because I hate seeing you like this. And I hate that you are blaming yourself for this."

"Fine. Then it's 1/2 my fault. Because if I hadn't asked her, she wouldn't have been on the plane and she wouldn't have died!" my voice cracked on the last word.

"Shh... It's okay."

"NO!! It's not okay! My best friend just fucking died! So don't fucking tell me it's okay! Because it sure as hell is not okay!" I sighed, "I'm sorry."

"Don't be. You have every right to say that. I would have reacted the same way if this happened to me."

I snuggled back into Mikey and sighed again. "I am lucky to have met you."

"And I am lucky to have met you, Stephanie."

I looked into his brown eyes and he looked into my grey ones. We started leaning into each other when the door swung open to show four worried friends. Great timing, guys.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awe. I felt kind of bad for killing off Mikayla. But anyways, I felt like giving y'all another chapter. Hope you like it! Comment/subscribe please!