Status: This is compleete.

This Broken City Sky

A Flash Back From A Man With Heartache

Officer Rowley's point of view.

"Well I was out with my dogs, hunting fer deer. I came upon a building with a giant object covered by a tarp. I was too darn curious. I saw a tire with a bit a color above it. I suspected it was the car everyone was looking for. So I reported it," the hunter explained.

"Thank you Mr.... Francis. That's all we need for now. If we need anything else, we'll contact you. Thanks for your time."

I sent the man on his way and sat down in my chair. This is just getting to much for me.

Flash back.

The phone rang. I picked it up after seeing it was Val. "Hey babe. What's up?" I heard sniffing and sobs being choked back on the other line.

"I-I. Can you come over, please?"

"Of course. I'll be right there. I love you."

"Love you." Then a click. I got up quickly and drove to her house, my mind racing with thoughts. Is she hurt? Is she going to break up with me? Did someone die?

I hopped out of the car and up to the door of her one story home. The door swung open before I could even raise my hand to knock on the door.

Valerie was standing there, eyes red and wet from crying, her face was pale. She also had one hand resting on her stomach, and in her other hand was a small, white object.

She led me into her living room without saying a word. She sat down and didn't look me in the eye. She just stared at the little white object in her petite hands. I rest a hand on her thigh. She flinched. "Hey, honey, what's wrong?"

She turned away and held out the object to me. I took it and held it in my hands. It looked like a pregnancy test. Wait, what? Why does she have a pregnancy test? Is she pregnant? She can't be. We're only 17. We're too young to raise a child.

Val turned to me and whispered something inaudible. She realized it was too quiet, so she cleared her throat and said again, "I'm pregnant."

I stared at her, my mouth agape, for several moments before standing up and racing out of her house, driving away from my one true love. And I still regret that.
♠ ♠ ♠
So... it's been a while. Forgive me?
<3