Status: This is compleete.

This Broken City Sky

Hide and seek isn't just for children.

Steph's point of view.

"This is what's happening. You are going to play hide and seek with me. If I don't find you, you survive... for now."

"And if you do find me?"

"I'll inject a poison into your veins that kills you slowly and painfully."

I gulped. "How do I get out of here when there's no door?"

I heard a latch switch and a door I hadn't even noticed opened. "Don't even try to escape. There's no way out. Well, unless you feel the need to jump out of a four story window."

I ran. As fast as I could without causing more injury. There was a long dark narrow hallway leading to an old staircase. I trust my instincts and crawl quickly up the stairs. As I get to the top, I hear his voice come on the speaker. "I'm coming for you, Stephanie. Watch out!"

At that point, I just think, screw the pain. I book it up the rest of the stairs to the top level. I can't see a thing. I walk until I hit a wall. I turn to my side and feel for a door. I touch something cold and start to scream until I realize it's just a doorknob.

I slowly turn it. It's stuck. I bang my shoulder into the door. It moves a centimeter. I hit it again. It opens. I fall in, landing on my elbow. I swear I hear a crack. Is it even possible to break your elbow? I scream in pain. According to how much it hurts, i think it is.

My eyes are adjusting to the dark. Just a little though. I can barely make out the shape of my hand. I walk until I find the corner of the room after closing the door. I sunk down onto the floor and waited for things to take it's course.

Officer Rowley's point of view.

We got there in two hours flat. It helped that we sped the whole way. The front door is blockaded and all the windows are bolted shut. SWAT comes in and busts it down. Everyone files in, starting to search the premises.

A few people take every floor. I get the top floor. It's dark, and pretty creepy. I check it though. For I'd risk anything to find my daughter. I hear on my radio that Cameron is no where to be found, only a letter that says "Catch me if you can." I enter the last room there is. Empty from what i can tell. It's pitch black.

I shine my flashlight quickly over the room and stop when I see a form huddled in the corner. I can see it shaking. Stephanie.

I run to her. She's pale. Her breathing is labored. Hell, she's barely breathing at all. I let out a soft sob and take out my radio. "I found her."
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoa. We just had an earthquake up here in New York.
I thought i was just going crazy when stuff started shaking.
But nope. i turn on the news and there it is "earthquakes all through New York."
Holy. Shit.
I don't know whether to be scared or kinda excited I just experienced an earthquake.
Well any who. There is only ONE more chapter after this.
No sequel. Sorry guys.
I really enjoyed writing this, and I hope you enjoyed reading it.
Love you guyss.
<33