Status: I'm working on this story. Progressing with it, so chapter postings may be inconsistent for the meantime.

You Can’t Be Missed If You Never Go Away

Yeah, so I’m completely wasted and I'm starting to talk with an accent. It could be so much worse. I should know better then to look in their direction, but some things you just can’t stop yourself from doing.

We’re all at Angels & Kings. Alex, Gabe, Vicky, Nate… and Pete should be here someplace. My eyes fell into the center of the room where I spotted Bill with his arm around some girl’s shoulder. Then I saw them, a little further away.. Gabe’s hands were on her sides pulling her closer and her hands were on his. Oh, if only she’d ever dance with me like that.

Gabe turned his head in my direction and I turned around, walking in the direction of the bar. I definitely needed to get plastered tonight. I leaned against the black bar that was gleaming from the lights flashing over it’s surface.

I felt an arm drape of my shoulders, a pair of lips press hard against my cheek. “Whatcha getting meh?”

I pushed him off me and smiled. “Just another beer. You want one, too?”

He nodded and I motioned the bar tendered to get another ready. Gabe leaned against me, his breath panting. All normal. All fake. All soon to fall apart.