Status: Updates will be more regularly.

Reflect the Darkness Within

Chapter One.

The road so far has been long and tiring, I haven’t slept in days and it’s starting to affect me. I groan as I feel my body starting to fail on me. I know a way to help myself from feeling like this, but I made a promise to never use magic again.

I sigh as I get on the train, as my feet ache for a break. Portland here I come, I think as I walk through a narrow hallway, people meet my eyes through the compartment window as if pleading me to go away. I keep on walking until I find an empty compartment. Finally, I walk in and place my bags on top and sit down waiting for the train to start moving.

"Mind if I take this seat?" A sweet almost singing like voice asks.

I look up to see a skinny young lady with long straight blonde hair and shiny blue eyes.

"Not at all." I reply matching her smile.

"Annabelle." She introduces herself as she sits down in front of me and places her one bag next to her.

"Amber." I answer politely.

"What a lovely name." She murmurs looking away.

I smile and turn around to look out the window, my eyes search for nothing in particular but something in the darkness catches my eye; a tall lanky guy with shabby brown hair stands near a light post causing him to look like a lost soul in a crystal ball. His eyes catch mine and I feel my cheeks burn from his breathtaking beauty. He’s so gorgeous.

"Don't even think that!" Annabelle exclaims causing my previous thought to disappear.

"Excuse me?" I turn around to face her with both my eyebrows raised.

"He's dangerous." She whispers as she closes the door of the compartment.

"How d-"

"He's been following you." She interrupts me with a worried sounding voice tone.

"How do yo-"

"I've been following you too."

I stare at her for a bit and then look out the window but the guy is no longer there, he had gotten lost in the darkness.

"Why?" Was the only thing I could ask.

"He knows what you are." She looks me straight in the eyes.

"And so do I." She added.

I narrow my eyes at her.

"And who am I?" I ask.

"You're Amber Wilson, daughter of Pearl Wilson and… you're a witch." She tells me, making sure to whisper the last part.

My mouth drops open a bit. There was no way anybody would know, I hadn't used magic in-

"Seven years." Annabelle finishes my thought.

"What are you!?" I demand in a loud voice, expecting an answer.

"It doesn't matter. What does matter is what he is"

"And what is he?" I ask, just as Annabelle‘s breath starts to quicken.

“What’s the matter?” I ask suddenly, worry entering my body.

"He's close." She whispers as her eyes fill themselves with terror.

"W-What?" I ask a bit frighten.

"Shh." Annabelle hisses bringing one finger to her lips.

My heart suddenly starts to bang hard against my chest as Annabelle stares at me, her eyes filling with terror each passing second.

"Stay here." She whispers and slowly begins to open the compartment door.

"No, don't leave me here." I shriek lowly.

"I'll be back." She tells me and leaves me all alone, I stare at the door hoping no one, especially not that guy to walk in.

I'm just scaring myself. I tell myself and try to relax and regain my composure just then the door opens causing me to scream a bit.

"Sorry." Annabelle speaks with a small worried smile.

"It's okay." I whisper as I put my hand over my chest feeling my heart pound hard against my rib cage.

"We have to leave right now." Annabelle says frantically as she reaches for her bag, then takes hold of one of mine.

"Hurry Amber!" She shrieks impatiently.

I stand up and do as she tells me, then I follow her out of the compartment and out of the train, just as somebody blows a whistle.

"All aboard!" I man shouts as the train begins to move.

I stare at the train as it began to move slowly and then begins to pick up its pace, I hear Annabelle sigh out in relief.

"We made it." She says as we stand on the platform and watch then train leave, then something catches my eyes.

I notice a pair of glistening eyes staring at me, I stare back at them and realize they belong to the mysterious guy, I stare at them until I can no longer see them.

"We should get going." Annabelle speaks and begins to walk away.

I turn around and follow her in silence.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've posted this story before, but I've edited and changed a few things.