Status: Updates will be more regularly.

Reflect the Darkness Within

Chapter Two.

"How did you find out about me?" I ask Annabelle as we walk down the dark streets of Oregon.

"I didn't find out about you Amber, I was assigned to you when you were born." She tells me as if she actually expected me to know what she meant by that.

"Of course you don't know what I'm talking about." Annabelle says in a frustrated tone of voice.

"Can you stop doing that!?" I hiss as I start to get annoyed.

"I can't do that. We're linked no matter what." She hisses back.

My nostrils flare as I pick up my space, I walk past Annabelle, I turn around and glare at her.

"What the hell is going on? And who the hell was that guy!?" I question her angrily.

"I can't tell you! It's not the right time yet!"

"I have a right to fucking know what the hell is going on! Why are you following me? Why is he following me?"

She stands up straight and look right into my eyes, causing me to take a step back.

"It's not time yet." She tells me one more time and walks past me, I groan and walk behind her.

"So I can't even know his name is?"

Annabelle sighs and stops walking, then she turns around and looks at me.

"His name is William Beckett, its not like it actually matters because he's out to kill you, and I'm trying to save your life. Happy?"

"Yeah." I whisper.

"Now lets continue walking and find a safe place, and then maybe I can answer some of your other questions." She says and starts walking again.

Who knew such a fragile and innocent looking person would be so fierce and angry.

"I'm not angry." She hisses, making me smile.

We walk for hours, or at least it seems like hours to me, but then again I haven’t slept in… I can’t even remember the last time I slept. I groan, I just want sleep.

“Just use a simple spell.” Annabelle says making me jump a bit, we hadn’t spoken a word to each other since I made her angry earlier by the train station.

“I’m not going to break my promise.” I tell her angrily.

“It wasn’t your fault, and you shouldn’t punish yourself for what happened.”

I don’t say anything back, how could she ever know how I felt when it happened, it was like I died and became a walking corpse.

“Then you would be a vampire.” Annabelle spoke as if I was some kind of idiot.

“And you should never, ever want to be that.” She adds with a bitter tone.

I roll my eyes at her even if she can’t see me. I’m really irritated with her. And to think I actually thought she was nice and was trying to help me out.

“I am trying to help you Amber, you’re the one that doesn’t want to be helped.”

“Then if I don’t want to be helped, then don’t help me, it’s as simple as can be.” I tell her and stop walking.

Annabelle sighs and turns around to face me.

“We have to keep walking, we’re almost there.”

“And where exactly are we going to?” I ask her as I lean against the dirty wall of a building.

“Somewhere where he wont hurt us.”

“What makes you so sure that he wont find a way in? Maybe he doesn’t even want to hurt me.” I sigh.

“That’s what you want Amber, he’s captivated you with his beauty.”

I roll my eyes, I’m not a shallow person, but there was no denying he’s gorgeous, or at least he looked gorgeous to me.

“We better keep it that way, now come on lets go.” Annabelle tells me and grabs my wrist and pulls me away from the wall.

I groan and drop my bags on the ground, I really don’t want to continue walking, I just want to sleep and forget this day ever happened.

“You’ll get sleep when we get there, so the faster we walk, the faster we’ll get there.”

I curse at the skies and pick my bags from the ground, and once more continue to walk behind Annabelle through the dark silent streets. A couple of minutes later Annabelle stops and signals me to stop walking as well. She knocks on a brick wall and a small window frame appears. She looks at me and smiles, and then she takes out a small bag from her coat. She unties the small black velvet bag and with two fingers she pinches something and then she sprinkles some gold dust into the window frame.

My eyes widen, “you’re a fairy!” I gasp.