Status: Updates will be more regularly.

Reflect the Darkness Within

Chapter Four.

I stare at Annabelle with wide eyes. I can’t understand what’s going on, why had I seen William in my dream? Was it even a dream? It seemed too real to be one, I mean I could feel him right besides me. It felt more like a memory than a dream.

“It wasn’t a memory… or a dream.” Annabelle says in a low tone of voice as her eyes browse the bookshelf.

“Then what was it?” I ask trying to figure out what she was looking for...

“It’s the future.” She says as her eyes land on something.

My eyes land on a crystal ball at the left side of the bookshelf, I turn to look at Annabelle just as she stands up. She picks up the crystal ball carefully

“But how is it the future?” I ask trying to make sense of everything that’s going on.

“You didn’t know where you were because the place hasn’t been picked yet, he’s still searching.”

“But how was I able to see this? Why now?”

Annabelle walks up to me and hands me the crystal ball. I stare at it as white smoke begins to cover it, I look up at Annabelle with a questioning look.

“You know how to use one, don’t you?” She questions as she sits beside me.

“Yeah, but I’ve never used one before.”

“Amber, you know that you’re wasting your life?”

“Excuse me?” I say with a raised eyebrow, offended at what Annabelle had just said.

“How old are you now? Nineteen right? And what have you done with your life? With your magic?”

“You know perfectly well what I did!” I say angrily placing the crystal ball on the coffee table.

“It wasn’t your fault Amber, and you’re running away from yourself, that’s exactly what he needs in order to get to you!” Annabelle shouts a bit angry now.

“I thought faeries were supposed to be nice and sweet.” I say sourly.

“Well you have a lot to learn about your world Amber.” She says matching my previous tone.

“What exactly is it that William wants? What does he gain by killing me?” I ask.

“Do you not know anything about the war between vampires and witches? I mean your mother must have told you, do you ever wonder why there are so little of your kind? And why there’s so many powerful of them out there?” She questions me.

I shake my head, I had never heard of a battle between vampires and witches.

“Of course not, you’re so oblivious to everything around you.”

“What the hell is your problem!? I thought you were here to help me out and not to criticize my knowledge!“ I shout at her.

“Do you really want to know what he wants to do to you?” Annabelle asks standing up as she takes a few steps towards me, her face only inches away from me now.

I nod unable to find my voice to answer her.

“He wants to suck you dry of your blood, he wants to hear you scream and plea for you life, he wants you to try and make him stop using magic, but that will only make him stronger, he wants your blood so he can be powerful so he can be able to posses some of your magic, that’s all he wants. Your magic.”

I gulp as I feel chills go down my spine. I could feel my heart banging hard against my ribcage from the terror. Annabelle looked like she was going to attack me, I was really starting to freak out.

“If you freak out, you’ll only make yourself vulnerable to him.” She whispers and then steps away from me.

“So there’s your answer Amber, what do you think of it?”

“I would have rather not known.” I say as my voice begins to give out from how scared I still am.

“I told you it still wasn’t time.”

Annabelle sighs and sits back down on the couch. I take in a deep breath of air and then exhale as I try to relax my jumpy heart. I close my eyes and continue taking deep breaths, once I was relaxed I opened up my eyes and looked at Annabelle.

“Take the crystal ball Amber.” She tells me.

I reach for the crystal ball, I take it in my hands and stare at it.

“What do you want me to think about?” I ask her.

“Him, think about his voice, his breath, everything you can remember about him.”

I look from the crystal ball to her and give her a questioning look.

“It’s going to tell you what’s going to happen in the future if you get near him, it’s a special crystal ball.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all the readers and lovely commenters.
Hope you guys are enjoying the story as much as I am.
C: