Status: Complete

Vampirism Is Just A Drink Away

One Shot

The park was my sanctuary. Being at the park at the dead of night calmed me. While I was sitting down on the swing I heard the crunch of a twig. I looked up and saw her.

Her flowing hair blew in the light wind. Her skin seemed like it was made from the moon, a silver white glow. Her eyes glinted dangerously mischievous at me.

"Drink this," she held out a glass phial with an ethereal pink liquid that glowed bright.

"What will it do?" I asked taking the phial and examining it.

She smiled crookedly, fangs glinting from the moonlight. "It will make you like me."

I took the cork off the top and smelled no scent. Did I really want this? My hand that held the phial throbbed with anticipation. I felt my hearbeat in my head, like an irregular pattern of beats. My ears went hot as if it was put on fire. I breathed so much that it felt like i wasn't breathing at all. Impulse took over and I brought it up to my lips.

The glass felt cold against me, but the liquid was strangely warm. I felt every single drop going down my esophagus and into my stomach. I finished the glowing pink liquid and she laughed. It wasn't a hysterical laugh or a maniacal one. It was as if she just won a prize.

Unknown rage surged into me, paining me and setting me free. A new personality broiled within me. I didn't know what it was, but all I knew was that I was changing. It felt good to change. But what will I be losing? My heart ached. Breaking the cool glass in my hands, I screamed.

I screamed till I had no voice, and broke down to my knees. I was crying with rage. My rage was making me cry. I cried because I was angry and angry because I was crying. I punched the ground not knowing that someone neared me.

"Excuse me, are you ok?" The voice of the man seemed frightened.

I stopped punching the ground and turned my head towards him. A low vicious snarl came from my mouth. In an instant, I was over his body clawing at him. Blood stained my hands. His screams were futile, but his shrieking made me even more furious. I stopped clawing at him and placed one of my bloody hands at his head and the other at his shoulder exposing his neck.

"That's it! Bite him! Kill him! Drink him!" I didn't know if it was her or my mind that provoked me.

I wasted no time. My teeth sunk into his skin and his force of life gushed out messily. My hunger was impatient. I bit a chunk out of his neck and started draining his blood out of his now dead body. In mere seconds, I drank him. All of him. Nothing was left. Nothing was spared.

I sat up, still hungry and full of rage. The man's blood stained my mouth, my hands, and my clothes. I was practically bathed in his blood. I looked at her with wide bloodthirsty eyes.

She smiled crookedly with her fangs glinting in the moonlight. Her eyes gleamed dangerously mischievous.

"Welcome to your new life."