Too Late For "I Love You"

Everything Okay Cale?

She ran to the bus stop, excited as ever. This was usual though. She made it just in time, the big, yellow bus pulled up. She composed herself, "One step at a time, breathe, breathe." She though to herself. One step after the other, if she could remember that, she would be fine. As she took each step into the familiar bus, the smell whirled around polluting the air she now breathed. The air reaked of body odour and cologne and..burnt toast?
Okay then.

Her straight black hair blew around in her face, she walked ever so calmly to her seat. She placed her bag underneath the seat, took a deep breath and examined the bus this morning.
Nothing interesting she thought to herself. She turned to the person next to her, and her heart almost skipped a beat, or two, or three. HELL! It wanted to jump out of her chest.
"Breathe, breathe." She whispered to herself, blushing furiously.
"Morning." He smiled warmly. His smile just made her want to melt, it made her feel safe.
She replied with a smile, upon noticing his curious gaze.
"Your staring. Why are you staring? Do I have something in my teeth!?" She quickly began rubbing her teeth, hoping nothing was in them! She was sure she brushed them this morning. He grabbed her hand lightly, causing her to halt.
"No, I wan't referring to that Deli. There's something else, something that's different." She pulled her fringe in front of her face and put her head down and blushed again, behind her hair.
He laughed.
"I know." He smiled again, his beautiful green eyes, shimmering in the light. His flashy white
teeth, sparkling. He lightly touched a bit of her hair, and began to shake. Touching her, breathing her in, her scent, her beauty. It just screams SIN! She's the sweetest taste of sin, he thought.
"Your hair is black now, not dark brown. And the pink streaks have faded." She smiled and gave a quick nod.
"He noticed!" She thought to herself. Of course, him noticing would have been no big deal to some normal person, but for Delilah. this meant a great deal. The beautiful male sitting next to her was the love of her life. She would tell him, sooner or later. Hoping he thought the same.

"So Deli, how is life?" Delilah looked up at Caleb and smiled., "Life is, erm, good, for now. You?" He laughed, "For now? So cynical Deli! Forget your troubles! Just be happy!" He shouted, Deli blushed and Caleb took that as his queue to shut up. He knew he had embarrassed her. However, Deli had blushed because, that's the effect Caleb had on her. Caleb had a way with Deli, that Deli couldn't even explain. In the blink of an eye, Caleb could make Delilah his. And they both knew this, but not once did they ever discuss it.
"How's life for you Cale?" She asked him, as to avoid the awkwardness that had just arisen.
"Uh, life is, not so good right now Del." He sighed. Del became quite worried. Del and Cale were best friends. Sure they didn't go to the same school, and sure they didn't get together every weekend, but they were bus buddies, best friends. Everyday without fail, they would sit with each other. On the way to school, back from school to home, always, it was Cale and Deli. They would talk about life, love, school, their friends, relationships, aside from that which they held. They new everything about each other, they were perfect in other words. That is why Delilah was so suprised to hear that something was troubling the only male that she loved, her best friend.
"What Cale? You never mentioned anything was wrong, why not? What's wrong?" She was sure that he hadn't mentioned anything.
"Family problems Del. And I'm sorry I haven't told you, I just, I don't want to worry you."
"Cale," She said, "It's not what you tell me that worries me, It's what you don't tell me. If your going to keep something from me," She emphasised the 'me,' "then obviously it's important, obviously I need to know." She smiled a warm smile at him, and he placed an arm around her and kissed her cheek.
"Thanks Del." Delilah blushed like a maniac, and then glared at Cale.
"What?" He said, all innocent-like.
"Don't 'What?' me, with your innocent smile and cheeky tone. You almost dodged the subject, but no! Try harder next time. What's wrong?" A hint of concern became noticeable as she spoke those last two words. Cale didn't want her to be worried, but he was sure she would be, thus the reason he said nothing. He sighed and began. "Well, see the thing is, my parents, you know my parents, I mean they don't have the best relationship, but, they get along, right? Well I thought they did. Recently they've been arguing quite alot, more so than usual and it's really worrying me, I don't know what's going to happen. They fight about nothing. It's like, sometimes, they find a reason to argue and fight. It's like they want a.." He paused and sighed then continued, "..divorce." Delilah shuddered at the sound of those words. She was speechless, at a loss for words, which was usual, she didn't know what to do. She had never been in a situation like this. Her dad was never there for her from the get-go, she never had a male figure in her life, until she met Cale. She just happened to fall in love with the first male figure she ever had..or, met. She looked at Cale her eyes showing all the sorrow and remorse that they would reveal. He stared into her eyes.
"No Deli, I don't want your pity. I don't want you to feel sorry for me. I just want you to be here for me, like you always are okay? If they break up then it wasn't meant to be, right? Nothing will happen to us and our relationship, I promise you." He looked at her awkwardly, and was about to open his mouth and ask Delilah a question. But, she was jolted forward and back into his arm that was still aorund her. He groaned and laughed when he saw Delilah's perfect little hair, in a tidy little mess. She jumped up, kissed him on the cheek and ran off the bus, trying her best to do what she could with her hair.
It seemed whenever that word, "relationship" came up, things would turn awkward.
She walked past the now moving bus, and stood outside the window where Cale was seated.
She placed her hand on the window, and he placed his on, from the otherside.

"I love you, Caleb." She thought to herself, as she followed the now moving bus, away into the distance.
"I love you, Delilah." He thought to himself, as he turned back to see a piece of his heart, fading further into the distance.
♠ ♠ ♠
Story is for Sacha and Whit, Best Friends.
Love you both.
<3