Too Late For "I Love You"

Time Passes

It had been a week.
A week since the accident.
Delilah hadn't been at school ever since that day. Neither had Caleb.
He stayed by her side. Whit and Bells came to visit. But they had been and gone. All but Caleb had left. Allan even came. But as soon as he arrived, he left. She didn't care. She'd rather him not here anyway.
Delilah was at the hospital as often as she could be. If not at the hospital she was at home, in her room. Caleb was staying at her house, for the time being. He refused to let her stay at her house alone.

"Caleb, you don't have to stay." She said, of course, wanting him to stay, so bad!
"But I want to Deli. I can't let you stay here alone, in this house of yours. Not now." His head fell and he looked down at his feet.
"Caleb! I'm not a little child."
"I know you aren't Delilah! But I need to stay here! I need to make sure your okay! I'm your best friend! Do you think I don't know how bad your hurting right now? You think I'm an idiot? I know your hurting, but I also know, your the strong type, the non-emotion-showing type. That is the reason I'm staying. I'm staying so that when this all hits you smack bang in the face, I'll be in the next room. I'll be here, when reality reaches you. And so, you don't have to go through this alone. Delilah, I'm doing this for me. I'm doing this for us...please." He pleaded.
Delilah sighed, nodded and walked up stairs to her bedroom.
Caleb slumped onto the couch, taking a deep breath. He knew this was going to be hard. But time would only tell, how hard.

While at Delilah's house, Caleb had so much time to think. Often Delilah would take long walks, he would insist on going with her, but of course, she refused and he let her have her way. She needed time.
At night, when he was laying in the room next to hers, he would hear her crying. He would hear her sobbing, and it broke his heart, that he couldn't be the one laying next to her, with his arms wrapped around her, comforting her. Promising her that things would be okay.

One night, while she was sleeping he heard you screaming in her sleep. It was a nightmare, or a bad/sad dream? He couldn't tell.
"Calleeeeebb!" She screamed, awakening him in the next room. He rushed into her room, and knelt at her bed. She was twitching, her eyes were closed, she was still sleeping. He sighed as he stroked her hair gently.
"Shhhh Deli, it's okay. I'm here." He whispered.
"Calleeeebbbbbbbbbb, she's gooooooneeee. Noooooooooo." She cried out once again, startling Caleb. It continued all night..the screaming, crying in her sleep. He lay on the floor next to her bed staring up at the ceiling. Praying and hoping that she would be okay.
"I'm soorrrryy! I'm sorrry!" She whispered.
What was she sorry for? Caleb thought to himself.
"Caleb, I'm sorry..." CALEB?

"I said, what last night?" She asked, suprized.
"Yes, Deli. You were apoligizing for something..what were you dreaming about?"
"Are you sure, YOU weren't the one dreaming?" She smiled, and slapped his head playfully.

She smiled, but they both knew it was a fake smile. He sighed in defeat. She claimed she didn't remember the dream, and he wasn't going to force her to remember. If she was in the right state of mind, of course he would..but not..now.

That night, they took a walk together. The night was cool, the wind was chill. They didn't talk much. They just continued walking straight ahead, not looking back, hand-in-hand. Caleb would notice the familiar houses they passed in the neighbourhood. Many memories. Pranks he'd pulled, parties he'd been too, friends he'd met.
Delilah noticed the happiness and positivity she was surrounded by as they walked. She noticed the happiness and positivity, she lacked.

As they returned home, Caleb went to check his phone.
31 new messages. 145 missed calls. 72 new voicemail messages.
"Whooa, obsessive girlfriend much?" Delilah asked, laughing.
Caleb opened the first message;

Dude, it's me. Domm. FUCK.
See thers sumthin aneeda tell ya.
its really imprtnt man. >.>
really really imprtnt!
Domm


He laughed, "No, obsessive boyfriend." Delilah and Caleb both shook their heads.

He opened another message.

Caleb man..wait til u get back,
u've missed so much action. we need to
talk about domm, theres sum shit he's
decided not to tell us >> its urgent.
Jake


"Hmm.." He said, dialling Domm.

"Hello?"
"Domm, sup?"
"Uhh..I cant really tell you on the phone. Meet me at FeiShay's Chillzone in 10?
"Umm, no probs."
"Cool, oh and call Jake, let him know."

"Uh..okay." Cale said, as he grabbed his keys, dialling Jake.
"Deli, I won't be long! I'm just going to see what's happening with Domm and Jake, something important apparently! See you soon. I love you!" He called, as he shut the door behind him.