Too Late For "I Love You"

I'm Sorry

*CALEB POV*

"Dudee..that's...whoaa.." I managed to say after 10 minutes.
I sat at the table with Trevor and Domm, twiddling my thumbs, unsure of what to say as Jake sat everso still, deep in thought.

"So," I laughed, trying to lighten the mood, "What, out of a sausage and 2 meat balls appeals to you Domm?" Jake let out a laugh, and Domm smirked, Trevor just sat their looking uninterested.

"Well, if you REALLY want to know..wait..so you don't CARE that I'm gay?" He asked, raising the pitch and volume of his voice.

"Nahh Domm, 'Sif we would." Jake said, unexpectedly joining the conversation.

"But," Domm looked over at Jake, obviously thinking the same thing I was, "Why are you so quiet about all of this, I mean, if it was truly okay, you would have been fine with it and would have tried to lighten the mood like Cale "tried" a few minutes ago. Look Jake, I totally understand if you DO have a prob-"

"Domm, STFU alright?" Jake laughed, he loved using IM talk for some reason, but only in real life... "If I was really your best friend, I would have known a long time ago, you would not of had to wait this long to have told either of us." He looked over at me, and we both dropped our heads. I guess, I didn't think of it like how Jake was at the moment. If we were really his best friends, he should of felt that he could tell us whenever it was he became gay?
"Seriously Domm, it's chill with me, as long as you know, you keep your "sausage and meatballs" He quoted, "away from me. Crack on Cale all you want, but, yeah." He smiled playfully.

I cleared my throat, so as to get all their attention, and when I had it, I dropped my jaw. A big 'O' shape. Then a little out a little, "Oh you betch." A slapped Jake's arm like a imagined Deli would. They all roared in laughter, even Trevor joined in this time.

After it all died down, the seriousness and awkwardness, Domm and Trevor jumped up, "Hey guys we better get going." Domm smiled, his hands intertwined with Trevor's. "It was nice meeting you, finally." He glared at Domm, and Domm blushed. As weird as this was, I had to totally admit they were a cute couple.
"Hey Jake, do you want a ride?" Domm asked.
"Nah, it's cool Domm and Trev." Trev. Nicknames all ready. I gave Jake a weird look, and he just looked away. "Cale got me here, he can get me out of here too." He said, throwing his arm around me, I rolled my eyes.
"Sure man, no probs. Cause I don't have a life or anything.." I said, spinning the red and white checkered, paper plate around in circles, quite amused.
"Being a cab driver is your life." Jake said, laughing his head off.
"Well then I guess I'll see you when you get back to school?" Domm asked, interrupting.
"Sure." I smiled.
"Tell Deli we send our regards." He said as he put his arm underneath Trev's and above his backside.
"I guess we know who the bitch in this relationship is?" Jake poked his tongue and I got up and walked to the backdoor, Jake following.

It was a nice night, so after dropping Jake off, I decided I would go for a quick drive. I know it was stupid, but I like too sometimes to clear my head. I thought about what the doctor said to us, the night it all happened and we found out about the accident.

Delilah sat in my arms, her head engulfed in the crevasse that was between my chin and shoulder. I could feel her tears dripping down my neck, I could feel her pain.

"At this stage, we can see she was driving safely, and a driver cut across into the wrong lane, obviously not paying attention to the road driving head-first into the driver's side of your mothers car. The collision occured around 9pm and nobody found the accident until about an hour ago, I'm sorry, it seems they chose quite obscure roots to travel along tonight. We are doing everything we can to keep her body stable and her heart beating, at this moment, we don't know the full-extent of the damage. I ensure you, I will do everything in my power to make sure your mother is proper taken care of. Again, I am truly sorry. If there is anything I can do, please let me or my staff now."

He turned and walked off into the quiet and desolate hospital full of bodies of all shape, size, condition.


After about 10minutes of driving, I found myself outside the hospital. I guess, I unconsciously knew where I was going. I slowly walked in the entrance, into the elevator, onto the 7th floor.

Room 139.

I opened the door as quietly as I could, so as not disturb the other patient in the room, my heart beat faster and faster, I wasn't sure it was my place to be here, not without Delilah. I just got this weird feeling that I should be here. Strange, huh?

I was sort of scared, the door was now fully-opened, and a gust of wind came through the window, unsettling the curtains that kept the patients from the outside world. As I took a step into the room, the darkness encompassed me. No beeping monitors, this is good, she mustn't need the use of monitors now? I knew there was a reason I felt I had to come here. There was only the light from the door showing the way now, I turned my head slightly to the left, unsure of what to expect.

As I opened my eyes fully, straining to see, a man on the right, sitting in a hospital bed flicked on the lamp at his bedside. I could now see, I looked back to right, and was met by an empty bed, a rush of energy coursed through my veins. She was alive! She was healthy!
My eyes lit up. The perfectly made, empty hospital bed, no beeping monitor. Delilah's mom, not there! No motionless body with air being pumped into it.

My eyes flickered back to the old man in the bed on the right side. His eyes watered, and he shook his head.
What? Why was he shaking his head? But she...She made it through, she's going to be fine, right? I know she is, she was..

"I'm sorry. They tried, the really did." He said, tears falling. Obviously this impacted on everyone.

I rushed out the doors almost tripping over myself, jumping over buckets and mops and dodging people in wheelchairs, nurses, disapproving doctors. I flew down the stairs 4 at a time, racing to my car. I sped through every traffic light, past every car, not putting a toe on the brake until I got outside her house.

I threw the door open, looking in all directions, there was noise, coming from the phone, it was on repeat, I hoped she hadn't known what happened..As I ran toward the phone, the sound became louder and more clear.

"Hello, Delilah Berkhof. This is Dr. Aaron Stross again, I'm sorry, but we have some bad news. Earlier tonight.." His voice was breaking, he was nervous. Your mother, went into Cardiac Arrest. We had as many hands as we could at her side, trying to revive her. It was a failed attempt, and we could not save her. I am, honestly, very deeply, sorry." The voice sobbed.

"FUCK!" I cursed. I ran to her bedroom, flying again up the stairs, my heart was pounding, the blood racing in my veins. What else could I expect, what else was there in store. I pushed her bedroom door open, and tears fell as I stopped dead in my tracks at the sight I saw. Her balcony doors were open, and Delilah was on the other side of the railing, the wind blowing her hair beautifully around her face, tears flowing, I could hear her sobbing..

"Delilah.." I whispered, crying still.

Her head turned back to me, and she was weeping, her eyes blood-shot from the crying, her black make-up running down her face. She looked so beautiful, even now. She smiled, trying to comfort me.

"I'm sorry Caleb. I'm sorry." She whispered back.

Just like the dream. No! I couldn't let it end this way!

"Nooooooooooo Delilaahhh! Noooooooooooo!"

* * * *
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENT ;SUBSCRIBE ;
All the drama starts from here, so, yeah.

Thanks Heaps.