Too Late For "I Love You"

Untitled

"Please Delilah! Stop this stupidity!" He shouted from the other side of the room. She stood motionless on the balcony, her face drenched, the rain was showering her. She lifted her face to the heavens above, with her eyes closed, listening to his pleads, feeling the cool rain on her skin. She felt it hit her face hard, and then run down her burning cheeks, and neck all the way down her arms, each drip loosening her the tight grip she held.. She said not a word. Her body was stretched out over above the ground, her hold on the black, steel balcony railing, the only thing keeping her from falling now.

"Please Delilah." He begged, his voice seemed closer. She turned her head slightly, and saw he was a metre away.
"Please Caleb, stay there." She whispered sweetly.

He stood, frozen, just outside her balcony doors. He had no more words, he had just walked in and saw the girl he loved with all his heart, about to take her own life. No. He wouldn't lose her, not today.

"Delilah, I know this is hard. But we can get through this...together. I can't lose you Delilah. I just can't."

"Caleb," She sighed, and spoke firmly, "You don't know what it's like to have lost your own flesh and blood. You don't know how hard it has been for us, you don't know what it's like to wake up every morning and know that your father is the one person that will hate you more than any being on this earth for all eternity, you do NOT know what it's like lose the one person that you love more than anything, more than anyone to a stupid idiotic driver who was not paying attention. You do not know how cruel life can be, even at the worst of times, you don't know.." She finished, small tears escaping her beautiful brown eyes, the black eyeliner and mascara leaks still visible.

"I don't. But if you jump. I soon will. Then who will be here to console me!?" He asked, in all serious. "Delilah, YOU don't know how much I need you! You don't know how much I depend on you. You don't know, what it's like to see the person you love most in the world, about to take her own life and you don't know what it's like to be helpless, to be able to do nothing. Delilah, I need you! I need you more than anything, how much does it hurt you, now that your mother is gone? Alot. Think of how much MORE I will hurt if I lose you. If you don't care, than you could of told me before we started this friendship. Because Best Friends Means Forever Bitch. Forever." He gave her a weak smile, and then stood numb, faceless.

They stood their together, for an hour more, speechless, thoughts running through both their heads. What to do, what not to do? Who was right? And who was wrong?

She spoke.

"Caleb, you know I love you right?"

"Yes Delilah, I do.."

"I just needed to make sure."

She took a huge breath, closed her eyes, look to the skies one last time, the rain hitting her face...

Caleb took an enormous leap toward the rail, as her hands let slip, his arms wound around her waist, only barely reaching her. Caleb was half over the railing, his heart beating like a jackhammer, Delilah was 12 metres above the ground, overlooking the gravel and dirt that met her eyesight. She felt his grip and was immediately gracious and thankful that he had caught her when he did.

She put her hands back onto the rail, and her heart beat fast, she wanted death so badly right now. But she didn't want to leave Caleb behind.
She began muttering words to herself, and Caleb could not understand. He stood their his arms still around Delilah, even though she was holding on herself. Eventually, after 5 minutes of the muttering, he became frustrated and angry.

"Fine! Delilah, I have a simple solution."

Delilah's eyes darted to Caleb as he let go of her waist. She eyed him curiously, and watched as he climbed over the rail himself and was now standing next to her, holding on for his own life. He had nothing to lose, if she was going, so was he, he couldn't live without her anyway.

"What.
Are.
You.
Doing."

She breathed, trying to keep calm and keep her grip firm.

"I told you. Simple solution. I refuse to stay in this hell hole, if the one thing I have to keep here is gone. So, here we are."

"Caleb, please. This is something I have to do. I can't, I just can't..you have family, I don't..you have your music and your band and you just..I can't..No." She said.

He gave her a disappointed look.
"Delilah, after how long I've known you, you think I am actually going to listen to you?"

She sighed and cursed quietly to herself. She couldn't let him waste his life, all because of her.
And then..her epiphane, could not have come at a better time.

She looked to her left, and their he was. Her epiphane. This was the reason. He was the reason. She looked deep into her eyes, and he stared back, uneasy. She smiled enormously.
Caleb was the reason she had to stay, she didn't have no one, she had him, and she couldn't let him die, so she would stay WITH him. Her simple solution.

"What is it?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I love you Caleb, and now it's time for my simple solution."
His heart literally skipped a beat, and his eyes widened.

She just laughed. Delilah turned her body around, and jumped back over the balcony, smiling again, her heart was beating fast, but for a different reason this time.
Caleb's eyes widened, and he realized what she meant. He let out a huge sigh, and turned his body around, he twisted his hands around, the rail was still very wet and slippery and the rain was still coming down as hard as it had been before.
As his hands turned, and he readied himself to leap over the balcony in pure excitement, his hand slipped off the rail and his grip was no more. His whole body tilted sideways and he fell backwards off the rail, spinning, he could feel the rain against his face, he could feel the wind underneath him. He saw his life flash before. He heard Delilah's high pitched scream.
He smiled as he heard, "Caleb!!!!!" At least it was his name he heard her scream, right?
He felt the ground underneath him, he felt the impact, he felt the pain, he felt the break of bones, he heard the snap, he felt no more. He could see no more.

Black.
Pitch black.
Nothing more.
♠ ♠ ♠
GASP.
Bet you didnt see that one coming.
COMMENT.
SUBSCRIBE.
ADVERTISE!