Too Late For "I Love You"

Thinking Of Him

*DELILAH POV*

I sighed as I walked off the bus. Another day over. I guess that's a good thing, I guess not, who knows? I laughed to myself, reminiscing of the moments Cale and I had together.

"Caleb! I can not believe you!"
"What?" He laughed.
"You are so..ugh! I can't believe you forgot!" I cried.
"Deli, don't cry, please. It was an honest mistake. Really! It was!" He shrugged, looking down at his feet, fidgeting.
"Cale, you forgot my birthday! How could you forget? I just, I don't understand. I mean it's not that hard to remember. Valentines Day, equals my birthday! How could you forget that, I've told you every single month, because every single month..." I paused and sighed, and I guess I accepted it, "...you forget. Sorry Cale, I shouldn't of expected you to remember, eh?" I forced a weak smile.

It was when I was 15, possibly the most memorable of all birthdays I've had with Caleb, wait, yes. It was the most memorable I had ever had. It doesn't sound like it now, but just wait until I finish explaining the story.

"Look, Deli I'm really sorry I forgot..No wait, I'm not." He laughed quietly to himself, thinking I didn't notice. Oh boy! That did it.
"Caleb Sacha Matthews The Second! I can not believe you! I am so disappointed! First, you forget my Valentines present. Second, you forget my birthday present! Third, you don't feel any remorse whatsoever! How dare you! I was willing to overlook your stupidity, but laughing and hoping I didn't see is just going way too far! Not feeling sorry for what you've done! Your supposed to be my best friend!"
"DELI! I am your best friend! I promise I am. But that doesn't mean I have to be sorry for forgetting your birthday, or Valentines Day present. Does it? Can't I feel however I want to." I wouldnt have to sit next to him, angry and hurt for much longer. The bus stopped outside of school, and I was so hurt I couldn't even say goodbye to him. So, I jumped up in a flash, and threw a cute, black teddy bear, cuddling a big, beautiful love heart saying "I love you" in his arms and stormed off the bus. I cried all day that day. I remember, it was the worst I had ever been. I was so hurt, so unbelievably disappointed. I had received other presents that day, but his was the one I had been most, looking forward to. His was the one I longed to receive, his was the one I never got that day.

A week later from that depressing day, full of horrible memories, I climbed on to the bus, still hurt quite frankly. He was there, as usual, but that morning he had this, smile and this aura about him. At first I couldn't tell if it was really him. He was so happy, I didn't understand. I took my seat cautiously and wondered what he had in store for me. I sat as far away from him as the seat would allow.

"Uh, hello." I said, staring at him suspisiciously.
"Delilah, I have a suprise for you." He said, almost bouncing off the seat.
"mm..k." I replied.
And then, he handed me a box of chocolates in a love-heart box with "I love you more" on the box. He handed me a rose, and a card.
"Happy belated Valentines." He said smiling wickedly.
I just sat, idioticly, holding these gifts, almost in tears. It was so sweet. I couldn't speak. I could however, blush furiously. He laughed at me, and then handed me another gift all wrapped up. It had a beautiful bow on it and was flat, and square. I'm guessing it was a CD.
I couldn't believe it, at the time I was all like, embarrassed, because I had such an amazing best friend, but now I think about it, it just makes me love him so much more.

I decided I would open the card first, because, well it's what you do.

It read;

Dear Delilah,

I'm so sorry about last week, when, well y'know. In all honesty, I didn't forget your birthday, I couldn't even if I tried! I've always remembered your birthday, I never forget, I always ask you though, because I like to make you think I've forgotten, then the suprise itself, is the fact that I've remembered. I joke. But, Delilah, I am really sorry, I thought maybe if I pretended to forget on the actual day, it would mean so much more to you at a later date? Guess I was wrong eh? Won't EVER do that one again. Promise.
I love you soo much! It's so much, that you can't even understand, that's why I hope you have the best late birthday ever!

P.S. Be my belated Valentine?
P.P.S. If you had one on the day..that was a rhetorical question.
P.P.P.S. If you didn't have a valentine, then imagine me asking. Ie. The question requires answering.

Love you 'til the end of forever!
Cale xxoo


I can't believe I had that memorized! Oh my gawd, if only you were there to witness what happened after that. I practically jumped on him, crying on his shoulder.
"Thank you so much Caleb, thank you thank you thank you! I love you too. This was the best birthday/valentines present, I have ever had. I would have to be the luckiest girl on this planet!"
I looked up at him, smiling hugely. I didn't know what to do next.
"So...be my belated Valentine?"
I gasped. I don't know why. But then I pulled him closer to me and our noses were touching.
"Yes." I whispered.

I could feel his heart-pumping out of his chest, as mine did the same, simultaneously, the blood rlushed through our veins, as one. He closed his eyes, as I did the same. He leaned in, even more closer, and for that moment that our lips touched. We were one. His lips were so soft, and warm. I didn't want this to end. It couldn't end...

Oh but it could.
The bus stopped, and it was time to go. I was still in shock, I gathered my gifts and bag and tried to stand. He grabbed my hand just as I was ready to get up. And held it in his, just staring into my eyes.

"I love you Deli. My beautiful, belated Valentine, Best friends always." He kissed me again, on the cheek this time. I walked, slowly, off the bus. I watched the bus fade further into the distance, and then his words hit me.

"Best friends."

Finally, I grabbed the keys out of my bag, and unlocked the door. I heard a discussion in the other room, so I decided I would go, look-see. A male voice. Unfamiliar. Hmm, I wonder, could mom have a boyfriend?

"Mom! I'm home!" I called, dropping my bag and books at the bottom of the stairs.
"In here sweetie." She called wearily.
I walked into the kitchen area, where the cook was starting dinner.
"Hey Maria." I smiled as I cheek-kissed her.
"Hola." She replied.
"Hey Mom." I approached Mom, with a fake smile.
An youngish, oldish male sitting across from my mother was eyeing me, curiously. Presented in a black suit, with a black tie, and white under-shirt, fancy shoes. Maybe one of Mom's business colleagues?
"Who's thi-"
"Allow me to introduce myself." He said, interrupting me and looking at my mother, who was furious and looking at me.
"Hello Delilah, my name is Allan. Allan Hanly." He said.

BAM BITCH! There it was. Hanly! That was my father's last name! NO! This man across the table from me was my father! No! He looked old enough to be my grandfather. Actually, he didn't he looked quite young, the business suit made him look old.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I retorted.
"Now now, language Missy." He laughed, then looked at me sternly.
"So, you avoid me for an odd 17 years of my life, and think you can come back into it and tell me how to talk? Three words.." I knew I was going to regret this.
"Go."
"Fuck."
"Yourself."
I ran up to my room. I kicked everything in my room, screaming, pulling on anything I could. The anger inside of me was enormous. What the fuck was my father doing here!?

I cried myself to sleep that night, but with a smile.
I dreamt of him.
He kept me sane and alive that night.
♠ ♠ ♠
i have the next few chapters.
i think ill write a whole bunch of chaps and post em all at once.
just for the 2 subscribers. rofl.
this is so sad.

i should stop writing it.