Too Late For "I Love You"

Pessimist, Optimist

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity;
an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.."
-Sir Winston Churchhill, 1874-1965


The next morning, Cale was waiting on the bus, as usual for Delilah.
Minutes after he got on the bus, it stopped right in front of Delilah roughly, jerking him into the seat in front. He groaned rubbing his forehead. It seemed everything was against him today, his hair was not working, his parents were, well...they still hadn't realised he had overheard them the night before. His little brother had used his guyliner as a crayon and it was killing him! Nothing was working for him today, it was him, (and hopefully Deli) against the world today.
He knew he had to tell her about what he had overheard the other night, he knew he couldn't keep it from her even if he dare try. As he observed her inch closer and closer as per usual, he took a deep breath and caught an unfamiliar scent. Delilah took her seat quickly and quietly, not even acknowledging Cale. He knew the smell could only be coming off of her, but what was it? He thought about it for a second. And then gave up. He contemplated asking her, but seeing as she seemed to be in a bit of a shitty herself, he didn't dare bother her about something as small as that.
"Good morning to you to." He said, forcing a weak smile.
She stared at him for a brief second and as if she didn't know him, simply, nodded.
Caleb thought that this whole, whatever, was a bit odd, even for Delilah.
"How are we?" He asked, watching her curiously.
"Meh." She said. No more, no less.
"Weather's nice?" He asked again. Cale thought it was lame mentioning the weather, but this was the only way to get her to talk. She knew this was coming, so she interrupted just as he was about to begin.
"Caleb, don't talk to me about the weather okay? I'm not in the mood for it at the moment. So, if you'd be so kind as to shut the fuck up, or maybe tell me something worthwhile, that would be greatly appreciated. Please and thank you." She turned her head to the front of the bus, assuming he had nothing important to tell, and so he decided he'd prove her wrong.
"My parents may be getting divorced."
She stared at him, mixed emotions running through her head and eventually reaching her face. Her facial expression ended with a result of a sad/confused/"come-again" face. And after that, she was able to reply with, "Huuuhh?!" She felt so stupid, but she didn't know what else to say.
His parents may be getting a divorce. "May," being the keyword here.
"Uh, I feel like such a bitch." She eventually managed to squeeze out.
He just laughed at her, smiling that ever-so-beautiful way.
"What are you laughing at!?" She errupted. "This is no laughing matter, Cale! Your parents are getting a divorce."
"May be getting a divorce." He corrected. "Shut up!" She interrupted. "How can you be so positive! This is horrible! This is absolutely..ugh!" She finished. "My day just keeps getting better.." She sighed, almost in tears.
"Delilah? What is wrong with you?"
"Nothin-"
"Don't tell me nothing is wrong! Your on the verge of tears! Now tell me what's wrong! You were shitty when you got on the bus, something happened at home, didn't it?!" He shouted.
"It's, well..I guess I have something, to tell you too Cale."
"Last night, well, he, my uh, you know.." She stuttered, at a loss for words.
"JUST SPIT IT OUT!" Cale said, aggrivated.
"My dad phoned last night.."

"WHAT?!" Cale thought. Now over the edge. The bus stopped abruptly again, but this time, he was prepared and held firm. He opened his mouth, ready to tell her, whatever it is would come out of his mouth..But Delilah jumped up, and ran off the bus.

DAMN BUS!
♠ ♠ ♠
Lol, I don't know why I'm still posting.
No one reads it >.>
except chacha.
gawd damn it.
he doesnt count.

<3