Too Late For "I Love You"

His Friends

Between friends there is no need of justice."
- Aristotle, 384-22BC


"Dude, what's wrong?" Dominik kicked the back of Caleb's chair whilst in Math. Dominik was the funny, slutty, emo friend, Cale spent most of his days at school with. Domm was also very loved by the school population. Brownish hair, tsunami-styles. Hazel brown eyes, long, thick eyelashes, chubby cheeks, black skinny jeans from Hot Topic, DropDead tee, jacket from Stitches, black and white converse chucks, guyliner. This kid was the works.
Every straight girls whore, every gay guys fantasy.
"Nothing man." Cale retorted from his desk.
The bell rang, and Dominik was at Caleb's side in a second.
"Dude, get the fuck up. And don't tell me this 'nothing' bullshit. Seriously, what the fuck has happened to you? You look like a wreck, no offense." He laughed and nudged Cale while they walked toward the cafeteria. "What happened with Delilah man? Does she know your in love with her or something? She doesn't feel the same? DAMN! Must be painful eh? Life is a bi-"
"Man, shut it alright. She doesn't know. Just a lot of shit is happening."
"Your parents, eh?"
"What the fuck! How do YOU know?"
"Dude come on, I do come to your house, I'm like your guy best friend. It doesn't take a genius to see that they don't get along. They fight all the time. When I fucking stay over, I can hear them arguing downstairs. Fuck! I can't get any sleep. Then I look like shit in the morning..haha, wait, no that would be you." He laughed, trying to lighten the mood. Caleb only stared at him, and sighed. "Dude, is that what happened?"
Caleb nodded.
"That's not all.."
"Wait there's more..fuck. This explains your mood then."
"Delilah's father is back."
"Wait, her dad is that loser guy that left and has never even seen her, yah?"
"Mhmm."
"WOAH! What a life you have!"
"I swear, if I see her dad man, there's no telling what I'll do."
"Cale, I know what he did to Delilah and her mom was bad, but is there another reason you hate him so much?" The funny Dominik was gone, and the serious one had arrived.
"Well, it's just, he hasn't been in her life at all, and now he wants to come back into her life, after 17 years! What the fuck? There's got to be a logical reason why he's come back. And I don't think it's to say "Hello," He could of done that over the phone.." Cale sighed and ordered and paid for his food.
"So you think, that he's come to take Delilah?"
"Well, I THINK, but I seriously hope not. Dude, I know I've got you and all, but I think she's is the only girl I ever want to love! If I don't have her, I think I'll have to live up to my sterotype." He smiled weakly, shoving Domm, who had also just ordered and paid for his food.
"Well, I dunno Cale. I think you should just like, talk to her about it or something. Maybe you should ask Jake for some help? You know he's the one that's good with this, uhh, dramatic stuff."
And that was true. Domm, was never the one to solve the problems..He's the, "Well fuck it! Let's party!" type. Jake, the other best friend, was the trustworthy, helpful, serious and shy one. Nothing like either boys.

Jake was standing at his locker, just outside the cafeteria when he bumped into Dominik.
"Sup Domm."
"Not much, man. I think uh, Cale's looking for you." He said, staring down the hallway at Seanna. Slut. Just Domm's type.
"Ah.." Jake was about to ask why, but saw Seanna waiting for Domm for, gawd know's what, "No probs dude."
"Thanks for not asking questions man." Domm shouted as he ran after Seanna.
"Oh, how quick rumours will spread." Jake said to himself, shaking his head laughing.
He knew that rumours were what fueled his dear friend. He decided he would go find Cale, see what was wrong.

It wasn't long, before he found Caleb sitting on the steps at the doors of the school. Leaning against the rail, deep in thought. Hmm, must be serious.
He sat beside Cale, Cale still not noticing his presence. "Hey Cale, whatsup?" Jake asked.
Jake sat up from the rail, and his eyes darted in every direction. "Wah? Huh? Who? Oh, sup Jake man." Jake sighed.
"What's wrong Cale?"
Caleb sighed also, and told Jake everything, sure not to leave a thing out. He explained how he wished he knew what to say to her! He told Jake about how he wished he could just hold Delilah, how he could just be there for her, not as the best friend, but as the boy friend. He wanted to be what she wanted. He never thought she wanted him, not for one second.
"Jake, this morning man, when she told me, I was so angry. Too angry that I couldn't even find words to say to her. The bus stopped and she flew off. I didn't know what to do."
"Don't worry Cale. You can't be superman. It's not like she expected you to know what to say, and by the sounds of it, she didn't give you much time to say anything, anyway! Don't beat yourself up. S'all good, I'm sure."
"I know it is, but..I just want to know how I can help her. I mean, she hates her father, we've disCUSSED him many times." He laughed at the memory and Jake smiled. "I know how much she hates him. She hates him more than she lets on. And that only makes me hate him more." Cale, sat looking at his feet, playing with a stick he picked up off the ground. "The worst part is, I want to tell her, how much I love her. But I'm so sure, she doesn't feel the same. And if she doesn't feel the same, what's going to happen to our friendship then? It will be all weird and shit. Everything will change."
Jake opened his mouth to talk, but just before he let out a sound, someone burst through the doors almost tripping over themselves. "What the fuck?" Cale looked at Jake and they both jumped to their feet. Domm came tumbling out of the doorway, and into the two boys, but before they could ask what was going on, Domm screamed, "RUNNNNNNNNNNNN!" The whole jock team was visible from the corridors. Angry, unhappy and looking for blood. No need to guess who's. Without a second thought, all three pissbolted in the same direction. They ran to Jake's car and jumped in. In a second they were gone. When they were safe and far enough away from school, Jake and Cale took one look at Domm, his shirt in his hand, his hair in a ruffled, untidy mess, and lipstick all over him. All three boys burst into a roar of laughter. They figured Domm made out with Seanna who was dating a Jock who caught them making out, who then came after him with the rest of the jocks.

"Just another day eh Dommeh?"
Jake said, laughing.
"Damn Hillbillies!"
He replied.

Cale just sat in the passengers seat, thining of Delilah, like he always did.
♠ ♠ ♠
You might notice that, I have used my mibba friends names.
I think I'll add the friends to the summary, with links to my friends profiles.
Dommeh I love you.
Jakeh I love you.
More people coming ;]

If this story is going to die, all my friends can die with it for not keeping it alive!

<3