Too Late For "I Love You"

Hello Stranger

Delilah walked slowly out of the school gates and onto the bus that was waiting as usual, always on time. She didn't lift her head to see if he was on the bus yet, because he got on after her. She sat and rested her head on the window. It was raining. Usually she loved the rain, but not today, it just made the day more depressing. She closed her eyes, just wanting to be at home. How much more drama could she take? Caleb and his parents. My parents. Gosh. What next, a death?! Just as the bus pulled away from the school, it stopped and opened its door, two girls jumped into the bus. Soaking, wet, blonde hair, blue eyes, zebra print skinny jeans. Delilah couldn't help but laugh as they stepped onto the bus, not happy at all. Delilah could only see the person in front, but she knew who the person behind her was anywho. It's obvious why isn't it? The two girls that had just jumped on the bus were twins. Delilah's best friend's infact. Girlfriends. They don't usually catch the bus, they walk. The rain had caused a change of plans for everyone, because the bus pulled away from Caleb's school and he wasn't on the bus. Whitney jumped into the empty space next to Delilah and wrapped her cold, wet arms around Delilah. Delilah screamed, then laughed and hugged her back. Isabella sat behind them both, not finding this amusing at all.
"I can't believe it rained on us!" She said all upset from the seat behind.
"Get over it Bells! It's a bit of water! Gawd, I wonder what your like in the shower..Wait do you HAVE showers?" Whitney and Delilah burst into laughter. Bells, still not happy. Whit was always the fun, immature one. She did have a sense of maturity, she just chose, most times, not to show it. Bells of course, was opposite, she was mostly very serial, but she had her good days.
"I don't see how this is funny! What is so amusing about being wet and cold and on your way to sickness. Tell me Whitney?" Bells said, in a motherly tone.
Whit shook her head and laughed, "There's nothing funny about it..mother."
Bells gave Whit a disapproving look, "Your such a child. So immature Whitney!"
Whit shook her head again and poked her tongue, "Nuh-uh."
"Tell her she is immature, Lilah!?" Delilah was unexpectedly brought into the conversation. She was so lost. "Uhh, well, uh..what?" She asked, confused.
"Come on Lilah! Weren't you listening?!" They chorused.
"Listening to what?"
"That answers our question then." Bells laughed.
"Sure does." Whit patted Delilah's head, "So how are you Lilah?"
Delilah smiled, and shrugged, "Meh. You?"
"We're fabulous!" They chorused again. Delilah gave them an odd look, it always freaked her out when they said the same thing at the same time, in the same voice. Sure they were twins, but it was still weird.
"We finally get to meet this Caleb fellow!" Whit shouted in excitement.
Delilah laughed and then pouted, "I'm sorry girlies, but incase you didn't notice, we just left his school, and he didn't get on the bus," Delilah put a serious-looking face on and continued, "I think he saw you in his seat, I think he got really angry that he couldn't sit next to me, so he walked home, and is never catching the bus again. Gasp." She laughed and Whitney and Isabella sat with their eyes and mouths wideopen. "Oh my god! Are you seeeeeeeeerrrrriioouuusss?!" Whitney squealed.
"Whitney look what you've done?!" Isabella said, hitting Whitney over the head.
'Ow! I didn't mean to, I'm so sorry Lilah, I didn't think it would, you know, make him not wanna catch the bu-" Delilah put her hand over Whit's mouth, creating muffled noise. She was still laughing. "Guys, I wasn't being serious."
Whit stopped trying to talk and Bells just laughed.
"Good one Lilah." Bells hi-fived Delilah and they laughed at Whitney's stupidity.
Isabella knew sarcasm when she saw it, but Whitney didn't. Whitney just sat, arms folded, this angry look on her face. She would get over it soon. Delilah asked about Erin's whereabouts, (another very good friend) and the conversation continued from there.

After an, interesting bus ride. She still couldn't shake the idea of Caleb not being on the bus. She wondered what possible reason he would have not to be on the bus. She went through various reasons, the more reasons, the more absurd they'd become. After Whit and Bells got off the bus, she sat with her Ipod in her ears, trying not to think about Caleb. Of course, she failed dismally.

Unaware that he was waiting for her at the bus stop, she stumbled off the bus, nice and dry, she looked up and saw him, shivering cold a huge grin on his face. His eyes shone bright, and he laughed. Delilah squealed and jumped into his awaiting arms.
"Caaaaleeeeee!" She shouted as the bus left, still in his arms, "What are you doing here?! Your all wet!" He held her in his arms, suddenly feeling warmth and comfort holding her. He took a seat on the bus bench. "I've come to see you, Deli. I have to make up for leaving you on the bus by yourself somehow! Don't I?" He asked.
"Well, I wasn't completely alone. Whit and Bells ended up catching the bus, quite excited that they were going to meet you, finally! But..you weren't there." She sighed and pouted, and he hugged her even tighter.
"So, I can go then? I mean, you weren't alone, so I don't need to be here?" He stood up and placed her gently on her feet and she lay in his arms, eyes wide, jaw dropped.
"Haha! Come on Deli! You don't think I'm that much of a loser, do you?"
"Well.."
"Don't answer that!" He laughed. "I also came to walk you home." He gave her a warm smile and began walking.
"Uhh, Cale..wrong way." She laughed.
He blushed, "Oh, I knew that."
Deli grabbed Cale's hand and led the way to her house, they laughed and skipped like they had not a single care in the world.

Cale noticed how chill Deli seemed. She didn't seem to want to think about her father's return.
Delilah also noticed how Cale seemed to avoid the topic of his parents argument, the previous night.

They ignored both problems. They just wanted to be happy with each other, for now.