Too Late For "I Love You"

But, I Need You

She sat with the note in her hands, crying.
Caleb was next to her, comforting her as best she could. She scrunched the note up in her hands for the hundredth time and flattened it out again, her cheeks were drenched in tears, burning and flushed. Her eyes were red from all the tears and staying up all night and she was shivering all over. She was so cold.

"Hey Deli, I'm going out for the night.
Be back whenever, don't stay up to late.
There's money for food in the safe,
Maria's day off.
I love you!
Mom xx"


She jumped into Caleb's arms, crying and crying. She had been in the hospital since yesterday night. She decided she would go out on a limb and ask Caleb if he wanted to stay for dinner, it was only her in this huge mansion place, why not?

* * * * *

"Whoaa! You live HERE?!" Caleb said as they approached her house.
"Haha, yes I do." She sighed.
"It's almost as good as my "house" He said, sighing also, "You belong in MY school." He winked and tickled her.
"Stop Cale!" She squealed, "And no! I chose to go to this school, I love it! I don't have to deal with stuck-up snobs and popular kids and whatever else you have!" He gave her an annoyed look.
"Oh but, I mean, yeah...shit." She cussed.
"It's ok Del, I know what you mean."

Del opened the door and and threw her keys on the bench, it made an echoing sound and Caleb laughed. This was just like his house.

He jumped on the couch and switched on the plasma tv.
"Yes! Football! Man Utd are soo going to beat Chelsea, I'm telling you!" He called from the living room. "Riiiight!" Del called back from the kitchen, "If you say so!" She laughed.

"Cale, do you want to stay for dinner?" It just came out, she didn't even realize she said it, until it was said. "Oh crap!" She whispered to herself, what if he said no? What if- "Sure." He said, suddenly behind her. "What are we having?" He smiled, and she felt comfortable.
"Well, we can have, anything. What do you usually have? Oh, it's our cook, Maria's day off, so unless you want me to be homeless because I burnt the house down, I suggest we order take out? Agreed?" He nodded after a little giggle. She dialled Pizza Hut and ordered their pizza's. He just stood there poking her and playing with her hair, annoying her as much as possible.

It wasn't too long before the pizza arrived. After a long heated argument, Delilah got her way, and put on "The Notebook."
"Delilah! Are you serious?! We are soo not watching The Notebook. That is such a lovey-dovey movie. I don't think so. Why not..uhh..DEATHNOTE?!" He asked, excited, picking up the movie, smiling pleadingly. "Uhh..how bout..NO!" She said, flipping him off. He glared back at her. "What is the point of having it here, if your not going to watch it?!" He shouted, annoyed.
"The point is, that I can watch it whenever I want. Ie. When your not around. The point is that I make you annoyed when I don't give you what you want. The point is-"
"Okay, okay! I get it." He sighed in defeat, as he jumped onto the couch with a slice of pizza. Deli put the movie on, and jumped into his waiting arms, he threw the blanket around her, and she rested her head on his shoulder, not completely sure if she was dreaming.

Delilah laughed and smiled at Cale pulling his cheeks as the movie ended and the credits began to roll. His eyes were all watery and his voice all croaky.
"Oh, that was such a good movie, Del!" He cried.
"Naw, there there Cale." She said patting his head, trying to comfort him as best she could.
"Oh and by the way, if you tell ANYONE that I cried, I will, personally, see that you are embarrassed just as much as I am." He poked his tongue and laughed.
She placed a hand on his cheek and looked him dead in the eyes.
"Cale, would I do that to you?!" She smiled warmly.
He placed both hand on her cheek and sat upright.
"Do you REALLY want me to answer that question, Deli?" He asked, supressing a laugh.

He looked her in the eye, his hands still on her cheek, holding his whole world in his hands. This was the moment he had always dreamt of! She looked him in the eyes, and didn't feel embarrassed or ashamed of anything! She loved him. This was the moment she had wished for all her life.

"Deli.." He began, stuttering.
"Cale.." She said, at a loss for words.

You always dream of these moments, and when they come around you never know what to say, right?

Cale leaned in, closer and closer til their noses touched. She smiled, everything was perfect. Their faces inched even closer, the sexual tension between the two was astounding. Just as the lips were about to meet, the phone rang.

Deli sighed, and got up to answer it. Cale cussed quietly under his breath.

"Hello?" Deli said in an annoyed tone.
"Hello, is this Delilah Berkhof I am speaking with."
"Uh yes it is, who is speaking?"
"My name is Doctor Aaron Samuels. There's been an accident.."