Candy Coated Dreams

The Problem

Last night was so peaceful after the whole ‘Mike’ incident. Jake never left my grip thankfully. I smiled and rolled over anticipating Jake to be there but I felt nothing so that got me down. I sighed and got up. I laughed when I got a good look at myself. Jake’s clothes baggy clothes fit so loosely on my body. I giggled. I loved wearing Jake’s clothes. I modeled for a minute or two part of me expected Jake to be leaned up against the door grinning at me but he wasn’t so that meant I had to find him. I stammered out of our room; I smiled when that thought ran through my mind. It really was our room. I heard voices the moment I had left. Jake’s voice was the most obvious to pick up probably because I heard it over and over in my mind all the time. I partly smiled that is until her voice came in and I nearly growled. Why was Leah here?
“I don’t see what the big deal is Jake. Her house is in Forks so that is their land there’s nothing we can do.” I heard a roar and it caused me to jump back a few steps. Sam’s voice interrupted their argument.
“Jake calm down you will wake her and Leah you know that isn’t fair. This is Jake’s imprint if something were to happen to her we would lose Jake.” It was then I realized they were referring to me. It made me twice as pissed so out of a moment of courage I walked past the living room giving Leah the perfect view of me. Well the rest of the guys too but she was the one I was making sure noticed my presence. I probably would have softened up to her after what Jake told me at the fair but she has a grudge against me for no damn reason that pissed me off. I didn’t say a word to any one in the room I just walked into the kitchen and opened up the ‘fridge. I sighed and shut the door and walked back into the living room. Jake looked up at me and grabbed my hand. I leaned over the couch and kissed him.
“Hey Seth are you hungry?” He grinned.
“I’m starving actually Abbs thanks.” I nodded then my gaze went to Paul. I walked over and gave him a hug.
“Hey big guy are you hungry?” He smirked.
“Girl I’m always hungry.” I laughed.
“Where’s Rachael at today?” He smirked at me again.
“Your future sister in law is at work today Abbs.” I nodded then walked over to Quil. I nodded towards the kitchen and he chuckled.
“I think we are all hungry Abbs.” I scoffed.
“I don’t care if all of you are hungry only the select ones do I care about.” Jake eased the mood by laughing. I felt all my anger melt inside of me. I hated it when he did that. How was I supposed to show Leah that I hated her just as much as she hated me if Jake did that? I sighed.
“Oh I see Seth has higher rank than me.” I laughed and sat on his lap and pulled him into a kiss.
“Of course not babe but Seth has to feel special sometimes.” He laughed.
“Tell him to go to his own imprint and leave mine out of it.” I shook my head.
I walked into the kitchen and started to make breakfast. I hummed as I cracked eggs. I didn’t even pay attention to the foot steps I heard. I scrambled the eggs and put them into the pan. I heard some one get into the ‘fridge I turned around and seen Leah. I held in a growl. I wasn’t a member of the pack but sometimes I couldn’t resist growling. Besides Leah had given me a reason not to like her from the beginning; she was touching Jake. I am not going to deny it I can be a pretty jealous person. But sometimes I can’t help it. She walked closer to me and sighed.
“Abbie can I talk to you for a second?” I nodded.
“Yea Leah what’s up?” Ooh Jake owed me for this one.
“I don’t hate you but I want you to understand something.” I felt my body start to tense up. I hope she wasn’t thinking she was about to put me in my place because if that’s the case then it’s going to be on. I tried to relax the tension building up in my body. “We really don’t like you being here.” I clamped my jaw shut and turned off my eggs. I walked past Jake and didn’t say one word. I continued until I reached his room and I slammed the door shut. Seth’s comment almost caused me to laugh but I held my pissed off attitude.
“Aw Leah what did you do? I was in the mood for some breakfast.” I looked around the room for my clothes. I wouldn’t ever come back here. If that’s the way the felt I was gone. Right now I didn’t care if I was Jake’s imprint or not. I found my jeans and slid off of Jake’s oversized boxers and pulled my jeans back on. I dug around for my t-shirt and I still had yet to find it. I heard the door open but I pretended like I didn’t until I stood up and Jake was standing in my view sight.
“Abbs what’s wrong? This isn’t like you.” I sighed.
“Jake if you didn’t want me here you should have just told me.” He scratched his head and had a look of confusion.
“What are you talking about Abbie? You know I want you here. I love waking up and you’re there you know this.” I felt my eyes water up.
“I thought you said that your friends will like me because you love me?” He walked closer to me and pulled me into a hug.
“They do. I know for a fact they all love you; not as much as I do but the point still remains. Sam thinks that you’re wonderful because I needed some one to keep me level headed. Paul thinks you’re amazing, I don’t know if that’s because you’re a great cook or not. Seth owes his heart to you because without you he never would have met Jenna. The others always ask about you especially Quil and Embry so where did you get this idea from?” I out my head in my hands and he came and held me.
“Leah told me you guys didn’t want me here. So I’m leaving I don’t know when I will come back here though.” I felt his body tense up.
“Why are you letting her get to you? When you walk out the door so does my good mood.” I nodded.
“I’m going to go home for a little bit come by and see me later.” He let me go and stormed out of the room. I followed him out and Seth jumped up upon seeing me.
“Jake asked me to take you home.” I nodded. Jake was in the kitchen leaned up against the counter staring at me. I walked over to him slowly. He smiled at me. I ran up to him and jumped on him. He smiled again. I ran my hands through his hair. He pulled me closer.
“Don’t leave Abbs please don’t go.” I pulled him into a kiss. He placed me onto the counter and I wrapped my legs around his waist. His kiss was aggressive but I knew the reasoning behind it. He didn’t want me to leave. I sighed and pulled away from our kiss and wrapped my arms around his neck.
“Jake you have to spend time with your pack sometime.” He pulled me closer again.
“I’m spending time with my pack now and I’m happy because you’re here.” I sighed.
“Jake come by tonight okay I love you.” He growled and backed away from me.
“Okay I love you Abbs I’ll see you later.”
It was obvious to tell Jake was upset but he needed time with his pack and I had to go home every once and awhile right. I grabbed Seth’s hand and drug him out of the door. He looked around then sighed and walked back into the house. I stood on the porch watching the rain. Seth came out with a huge grin on his face.
“Jake’s letting me drive the rabbit.” I nodded. I hated leaving Jake but he did need to concentrate and I knew he wouldn’t with me there. I sighed and got into the rabbit. It just wasn’t the same without Jake driving. I couldn’t hold his hand or jump on him when I wanted. I looked at Seth waiting for him to take off but we stayed in the same spot.
“I’ll be back Abbs okay.” I nodded and looked sadly out of the window. I didn’t even notice how long Seth was gone I just stared out the window. I didn’t want to leave. Was it too late to change my mind? I went to open my door but the driver’s door opened first and who I assumed to be Seth got in. I sighed and looked at the floorboard. Why did Leah have to ruin my day? All I wanted to be with Jake. I felt tears build up and I kept my eyes casted downwards. I didn’t want Seth to see my cry. I felt my face being pulled up by two warm hands and I kept my eyes closed so that Seth wouldn’t see the built up tears. I sighed and opened them to see Jake’s deep brown ones filled with concern. My smile took up my whole face and I squealed and jumped on him. I kissed him repeatedly until all my excitement left my body. He chuckled.
“Maybe I should stay away from you more often.” I pouted.
“I don’t like it when you leave me.” He rolled his eyes.
“You were the one leaving me.” I sighed.
“Okay let’s get this over with hurry up and drop me off so the goodbye will be fast and sweet.” He rolled his eyes and scoffed.
“You think you’re getting rid of me that easily psh.” I smiled.
“So you’re staying?” He scoffed.
“No the less attractive Easter bunny is.” I lightly smacked him.
“I was kind of hoping Wolf would.” I smiled. He grabbed my hand and placed a kiss on it. I couldn’t believe my luck. I had the hottest boyfriend, in literal and physical terms, he was amazing to me, and the most important one he loved me as much as I loved him. Life was perfect that is until we got home.
Jake pulled up into my driveway and we exited the car hand in hand. I walked up to the porch and stopped and sighed. I turned around and looked at Jake and he just smiled. I swear he’s throwing me into the lions den. I opened the door slowly waiting to be chewed in half. I didn’t even tell mom I was staying at Jake’s. I knew I was going to be in a hell of a lot of trouble. I walked in with my head down. Jen looked over at me and smiled widely at me. Her date must have gone well. I looked over at the love seat and my mother and Charlie sat hand in hand. I smiled this could go well.
“Hey mom,” my mother jumped up worried.
“Are you okay Abbie? Jen told me that you fainted at the fair and Jake took you to his house because it was closer.” I looked at Jen wide eyed. She had lied for me. I realized I must have looked stupid so I nodded. Jake interjected so I didn’t have to lie to my mother.
“I stayed up all night to make sure she was okay. I was so worried about her all night Ms. Harter. If something happened to Abbie I don’t know what I would do with myself.” She smiled and hugged Jake.
“I’m glad she has you Jake. You make her happy.” I blushed. Nice mom reveal my secret there. I looked at the floor and Jake squeezed my hand.
“It’s the other way around. I’m glad I found her. Charlie knows I was pretty devastated about a lot and Abbie brightens my world.” He kissed my hand. Jen smiled and motioned for me to follow her. I smiled and excused myself for a minute. I walked upstairs and Jen followed me. I walked to my room and Jen shut the door behind me.
“Abbs I’m freaking out.” I sighed.
“Why Jen what’s wrong?” She sat down and put her head in her hands.
“Seth’s a …wolf.” I held in a laugh.
“I know that Jake is one too.” She gasped and fell off the bed. Jen and I were the only two clumsy members of our family. You should get us in the same room we are a riot. I laughed then realized we were in the same room.
“Oh my god why didn’t you tell me; I can’t be in love with a wolf.” I shrugged.
“I am what’s the big deal.” She sighed and shook her head.
“Love isn’t supposed to be like this. Look at our parents Abbs. They were in love and now look at them.” I shrugged.
“My mom is doing fine and we know Rick is the jerk.” She just shook her head again.
“I’m scared Abbie.” I pulled her into a hug.
“Seth is a good guy and being that you are his imprint he will always love you no matter what.” She sighed.
“Abbie you know I have to go home in a week. I don’t think I can leave him behind imprint or not.” I opened my mouth to say something but I heard my name being called. I sighed.
“We will finish this thought later okay.”
I walked down stairs and Jake was standing at the end of them grinning at me. I reached the bottom and he gave me a huge bear hug that reminded me of Emmett’s.
“Some girl is at the door for you.” I nodded then walked onto the porch. The girl standing there playing with her fingers. She looked very nervous. She had long blonde hair and very striking eyes. When she heard the door shut she looked up.
“Hi um I know you don’t know me or anything but I’m Maddie Newton. Mike is my older brother I came to…” As if he heard Mike’s name Jake walked out of the house. I sighed. He had on that angry look.
“Sorry Maddie this is my boyfriend Jake. Now we can get back to what we were talking about. What did you come to do?” She nodded.
“I came to apologize about what my brother did. That was wrong of him and he got every thing he deserved,” she chuckled nervously. “Seeing the size of Jake here I’m surprised he is still breathing.” Jake growled.
“If he comes near her again he will be.” She nodded then swallowed hard.
“I completely agree. I’m on her side Jake and I will do whatever in my power to make sure nothing happens to her.” He rolled his eyes.
“What can a small girl like you do to a guy like me?” I hit him and pouted at him. Alex’s words came to mind. Only I couldn’t take away Jake’s happy time because he had yet to do it with me.
“Jacob Black if you are going to continue to be rude you will be banned from my house for an entire week.” Jake’s eyes almost jumped out of his head.
“Aw come on Abbie that’s not fair.” I smiled.
“Then apologize to Maddie she did nothing wrong and you are treating her like you would Mike.” He grinned that wolfish grin I loved so much.
“Actually if it were Mike I would have…”
“Jacob…” he sighed and mumbled.
“I’m sorry.” I groaned.
“Louder Jacob,” he whined.
“Fine I’m sorry Maddie for being so rude.” She smiled.
“Thank you Jacob. Um Abbie I was actually wondering if we could be friends. I mean I don’t have many friends out here.” I smiled.
“I would like that a lot Maddie. Here’s my number,” I gave her my number. “Well I’m going to head back inside. I’ll see you later Maddie.” She nodded then got into her car and left. My mom and Charlie were laughing sitting and the kitchen table. I took Jake up to my room and Jen was lying on my bed. She was on the phone and didn’t notice us coming back in.
“Mom you don’t understand… no I like it here…. Mom I … I’m staying mother goodbye.” I looked at her shocked and Jake just grinned.
“Gotta have that wolfie love huh?” She jumped out of her skin and his statement shocked me. Though it was quite funny that two members from the same family had been imprinted on by two werewolves. I snuggled into Jakes side. He looked down at me and smiled.
“I have an idea. Hey Jen do you want to come with us?” She shrugged.
“Sure why not I have nothing better to do.” I laughed and Jake, Jen, and I ran down the stairs. We went out to the back yard and he ran through the forest. Jen and I stopped in the middle of the yard.
“What’s he doing?” I smiled.
“Bringing back my best friend.” She looked puzzled. Jake was taking a long time coming out of the woods I hoped he was okay. He came out in human form.
“Abbie can you come here for a second?” I nodded and followed him. When I got closer to him he leaned down and wrapped his arms around my waist. “The stench of leeches is so strong here I can practically taste it which isn’t good. I’m going to get a hold of the Cullen’s and have them come by and sniff it out. Meanwhile I’m going to get the pack.” I nodded. I thought we didn’t have anything else to worry about. I sighed and walked back to Jen.
“What’s going on Abbie?” I sighed.
“A minor set back that’s all Jen don’t worry about it.” She rolled her eyes.
“You’re worrying about it so it must be bad.” I paused for a minute trying to sort out my thoughts.
“Jake thinks a vampire has marked me as its next target so I have to be careful.” She stared at me for a second and then nodded. I heard a ruffling in the leaves and jumped. Was that Jake? I backed away from the woods and Dominic walked out holding his hands in the air.
“It’s just me Abbie come here.” I walked closer while Jen held me back by the arm.
“I don’t trust him Abbs.” I shook her off.
“It will be fine he’s a friend of the Cullen’s.” I walked over to him and he gave me a hug. Jake wasn’t going to be happy that I smell like one of them. He didn’t mind if it was Alex or Alice. But the males he seemed to mind a lot. I wonder why I giggled in my head.
“Where are the rest of them?” He shrugged.
“I don’t know they aren’t as fast as me.” I knew that was a lie. Edward was the fastest out of all of them. What was taking Jake so long? I heard a snarl. I looked over and there was my wolf. He is so beautiful. He had the entire pack with him. I walked over to him and pet the top of his head. He never took his eyes off of Dominic. He barked something and ran off into the forest. Dominic scoffed.
“What a good boyfriend he is. He took off and left you.” I rolled my eyes.
“I believe he is phasing oh so smart one. Jake rarely leaves me alone. Especially with all this vampire mumbo jumbo.” Dominic walked closer to be and Sam let out a low growl. Jake was there in a matter of minutes and in his human form. He looked beyond pissed and Jen’s look mirrored Jake’s. They both were obviously pissed. Jake walked over protectively towards me and stood in front of me.
“Where’s Edward?” He shrugged.
“I ran faster than the rest of them.” Jake rolled his eyes. Yummy oh sorry back to concentrating.
“Edward and I may not get a long a lot but there’s one thing I do know is that there’s no one faster than that leech so try again.” Dominic gritted his teeth.
“Are you calling me a liar dog?” I jumped in between them.
“Dominic back down. I think Jake has a point. I have never seen any one out run Edward.” He rolled his eyes.
“I don’t need this,” he turned around and left. Seth tried to snap at him when he walked past. Edward, Alice, and Alex showed up minutes later. I ran to Alex and replayed what happened. She looked as if in thought.
“He’s been acting weird since he and Edward had that talk in that kitchen.” She shrugged, “I don’t know. Do we know anything yet?” She asked looking at Jake. He shook his head.
“The other night I was bringing Abbie home and her room had been ransacked. I have been keeping her with me since that night because I didn’t trust it. I went to phase today and there was a strong smell of vampire in the woods. I went to get every one and that leech was here when we got here.” Alex looked as if in thought a moment.
“We will look into this. Jake take her and Jen to our house.” Jake scoffed.
“Don’t you think she will be safer in La Push?” She sighed and shook her head.
“If this vampire is coming after her a stupid treaty isn’t going to mean anything to it.” He nodded and walked back into the forest and emerged moments later as Wolf. He came and sat in front of me and I’m guessing I was supposed to get on his back. I rolled my eyes and started walking. Another wolf walked up to Jen and she gladly got on his back and they took off. I walked side by side with Jake until we reached the Cullen’s. He sat down on the steps and I sat with him. He put his head on my lap and I started to pet him slowly. Poor Jake he was going to go gray before he was twenty messing with me. We heard the ruffling of the bushes and I jumped and Jake growled. It was only Alex. She laughed. She walked up to the stairs and we followed her, well we did after Jake phased back. She showed us a room upstairs.
“You two can sleep here.” The room was the same one I had stayed in when I stayed the night I had stayed the night. I went over to the bed and laid down and patted the spot next to me. He laid down.
“This place stinks.” I laughed.
“Baby they’re just looking out for me.” He nodded.
“But I can do that on my own.” I held my breath for a minute.
“Jake if something happened to you…” he put his fingers over my lips and then leaned in and kissed me. It was magical. I felt the spark. I pulled him closer and he deepened the kiss then leaned over me. I pulled him so his body was completely pressed up against mine. He smirked at me then the door opened and there stood Emmett with camera in hand.
“I am so telling Alex you two were trying to do the nasty.” I jumped up while Jake sat on the bed laughing. I took off after Emmett. I slid on the hall floor on my socks. I hit my butt on the cold hard floor. I saw another flash. I was going to kill him. I ran down the stairs after him and Dominic and Edward were standing in the living room arguing. Emmett ran to Alex and showed her the pictures and my face turned blood red. Dominic stormed past Edward and walked over to me and grabbed my face and planted a kiss on my lips.
“When you get tired of sleeping with a dog call me.” I stood there shocked. So shocked I didn’t see Jake standing at the top of the stairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
oh no he didnt!
he kissed abbie omg!!!

comments?