Candy Coated Dreams

Running Into My New Friends

As we entered the small town in Washington I peered curiously out of my window. The rain pelted at my window and the wind shield. I couldn’t be happier about the weather. I smiled as a flash of lightning came into view. We pasted a sign that read, ‘Welcome to Forks’ maybe it wouldn’t be so bad. My mom drove about an estimated ten more minutes then she stopped and turned off the car. She turned to me and smiled.
“This is home Abbie,” I got out and I looked around. The house wasn’t bad from the outside it looked like a two story. The paint job was kind of old and the porch was amazing. It was one of those typical porches that you see in the south; it was long old wood furnished with a swing on the left side of it. I was so in a daze looking at out new house that I didn’t even notice that my mother was already on the porch and looking at me smiling.
“Abbie darling come in out of the rain.” I smiled and slowly walked up onto the porch I sat down in the swing and sat there watching the rain while my thoughts took over. I was scared about starting school even though it was my senior year. I should be ecstatic but I’m not. I have always had trouble fitting in. I didn’t know why it just always happened that way. I ran my hand through my dark auburn hair. I was stressing myself out and I wasn’t intending to. I got up off my swing and slowly walked into the house.
The inside of the house wasn’t that bad considering the outside. Mom had sent over most of our furniture so the house wasn’t completely bare. The front door was in the living room. Our couch was simply set in the middle of the dark oak looking hardwood floors. We still had to paint and arrange the furniture. The wall colors were a peach looking color, hopefully we paint in here yuck. I got a layout in my head on what the living room should look like and then I followed the hardwood flooring into the next room. The kitchen it looks like mom had already set up. The tile flooring shined up at me. Mom had gone with a black and white kitchen look. The titles on the floor had a checkered flag design and the counters were all white and the cabinets were black. Our table was black with white chairs. I laughed to myself. Mom had really out done herself. I got one last look around the small kitchen then I walked out of the room. Mom stopped me before I could go any farther. Her smile was so warm and I was glad she was happy for once rather than feeling pain and sorrow.
“I want you so see your room baby.” She grabbed my hand and led me up the stairs. I was nervous but it all went away when I seen my bed. It looked so inviting just sitting there. I hugged my mom then told her I was going to sleep. I crawled under my covers and hoped for a peaceful night.

I tossed and turned the entire night. I figured it was sleeping in a new house. I was wide awake when my alarm went off. I stared into the silence for a few moments then I got up and walked to the box at the foot of my bed. I dug through it trying to find a decent outfit for school. I have never been to this school before and we only had two months left anyway. I sighed and grabbed a pair of my boot cut black hip huggers and one of my tank tops. I searched for my favorite rainbow toe socks. I dumped the whole box out and nothing. I went to the next box and there they were right on top. I smirked and put them on. Today couldn’t be so bad. I looked okay and I had my favorite socks on. Life was good. I went and grabbed my ‘Sally loves her Jack’ hoodie and walked down stairs. My mother was in the kitchen humming like she used to when dad… I mean Rick lived with us. She was still in her plaid pajama bottoms with a baggy t shirt. I smiled and walked around her to see she was making pancakes.
“Morning Abbie I’m making pancakes.” I smiled.
“Yes I noticed.” I started humming with her.
“You are awfully happy for some odd reason.” I hugged her.
“Okay I guess I am overly excited about the pancakes.” She laughed. I went and grabbed my shoes and put them on. I couldn’t tell her the real reason I was happy. The real reason was that she was okay with out dad. I was worried about that. I walked back into the kitchen and my plate of pancakes was sitting at the end of the table. I started eating and my mother stopped humming and walked upstairs. I finished and put my plate in the sink and went to grab my book bag and tell my mom I needed a ride to school. I had to get a car of my own but right now she was going to have to give me a lift. She was dressed by the time I got to her room and she had the car keys in her hand. I guessed she knew she would have to drive me I don’t know.
The ride to school was quick. We nearly missed the school I told her to drop me off in front of the first building I saw. I walked in and it happened to be the office.
“Hi my name is Abagail Harter my mother called in advance about me transferring here.” The lady behind the desk smiled sweetly at me and typed something onto her computer.
“Ah yes here it is sweetheart.” She printed out two papers and handed them to me. “This is your schedule. You shouldn’t have problems finding anything if so just stop and ask one of the students. This one is the map just in case sweetheart. Also here’s this card I need all your teachers to sign it.” I nodded then said thank you.
I walked out of the administration building and followed the map the best I could. I was so caught up in the map I didn’t notice the girl walking in front on me. We collided head on I fell backwards and hit my head on the garbage can and a few things fell out and hit my head. It was at this point I noticed I was in the cafeteria. I looked across to see the poor girl I hit. She had beautiful dark brown hair and a very cute face. She stood up and dusted her self off. She reached down to help me up and laughed.
“You must be Abagail,” I cringed which made her laugh. “You don’t like your name very much do you? My name is Bella.”
“Please call me Abbie; I hate that awful name my mother gave me.” She nodded.
“I have the same problem so don’t worry. Where are you heading?” I handed her my schedule. “Oh I’m in this class so come on I will walk you there.”
I followed her matching her pace. We talked the whole way to class. Bella seemed like a pretty cool person. She said she’s usually very quiet. I was too so I understood the feeling.
“Maybe after class I can introduce you to some of my friends.” I nodded that sounded nice. Mom would be happy I made friends. I went to the teacher’s desk and got my paper signed. I thankfully didn’t have to do a stupid introduction. I went and sat down. I noticed the guy sitting in front of Bella kept smiling at her. I wonder who that was. He wasn’t very cute in my opinion but it wasn’t my business. When the bell rang the guy immediately got up without saying another word to Bella. She stopped on the outside of the door and then turned to look at me.
“Do you want to join my friends and me at lunch today?” I shrugged. What harm could it do?
“That sounds pretty cool.” She nodded then we were off to our next classes. I was in for a surprise when I seen the lunch table.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks to the two subscribers n my s.r.a for the comment lol

comments<3