Candy Coated Dreams

Wake Me Up Inside

It was at that moment everything around me began to change. My sorrow was fading as was the darkness around me. I sat up only to be blinded! My eyes stung and I immediately got the sense that I was blind. Had I some how lost my sight? Or was this the dreaded white light I heard so much about? Hysteria bubbled up inside of me. I go from complete darkness to a blinding light. I started to cry. Great I had thought I survived and in truth I had died. I threw my hands down at my sides. This was just my luck. I'm seriously beginning to think I have worse luck than Bella. I attempted to hit my thighs out of anger when my right arm caught on something. I jerked and tried to pull it up but that only led to an antagonizing pain in my right wrist. I reached up with my left hand and rubbed my eyes. It took my eyes a minute to get used to the light but then I started to notice shapes. Shapes that looked familiar. I looked down at where my right hand was stuck and I saw a bed rail. I was in a hospital bed but I was definatly not in a hospital.

I didn't know what possessed me to want to look down at my clothes of all things but I did and Jake's dark green shirt stared back up at me. I reached down and grabbed the end of the shirt, looking at it with pure amazement. This was the shirt I was wearing when Dominic had taken me. Did that mean my shorts were still on too? I lifted up the shirt and I'll be damned there was my black happy bunny shorts. Relief swam through every part of my body. I was alive! Thank the higher ups I was alive. I don't think I have ever been happier in my life. I could cry I was so happy. Wait I could be happier...if I found Jake. I was still confused as to where I was but at least I was alive to tell the tale about breathing.
I sighed and took another look around the room now that my eyes were more focused. The room still looked unfamiliar but I wanted to look around. I knew I shouldn't wander out into a place I was unfamiliar, especially in nothing but my boyfriend's t-shirt but if I was going to find Jake I needed to be thinking clearly especially now that I knew I was alive. I slowly untangled my I.V. from the bed rail and sat up on the side of the bed. Its funny how something as silly as a bed rail let me know I was alive. Now I just had to remember what had happened and hopefully where I was. Ok I guess I should start from the beginning I remember Dominic taking me and attacking me both mentally and physically. I don't think I could forget the burning of the venom. I remember hearing the angel...I mean Jake pleading with Edward to save me. But after that it was a blank. I sat in stunned silence for a moment when I remember feeling wind in my hair and the brief spot of light and also seeing Jake's face for a mere second. I also remembered wondering why he was here if I was dead. That's it! Jake had carried me from the woods but that still didn't explain where I was or how I got here. Well technically I knew how I got here but the where and why were still a mystery.
I got out of bed and walked over to where my I.V. was connected and wheeled it to the door. Jake had to be here somewhere if he had brought me here right? So looking for him I will go. I hope I don't stink. I mentally smacked myself in the forehead. Of all things to worry about the last thing I should worry about was stinking. I ventured out of the room and into a hall. Why am I getting the feeling that I had been here before? I shook my head and stopped at the top of a staircase. I knew this place but how? I tried to pull the I.V. down the stairs with me but that wasn't going to work without me falling down the stairs and one trip to the scary white room was enough for me. I was going to yell but I realized I could have been kidnapped or something and these people may want to kill me. I rolled my eyes at my stupidity when I looked up and seen the graduation hats. I was at the Cullen’s'. Of course I was! It's not like he could take me to the hospital for a VAMPIRE bite now could he? Yeah now I feel stupid.

I paused and sat down on the stairs and debated on yelling downstairs for someone. It's not like the Cullen’s' sleep but they weren't really the people I wanted to see, well more like the person I wanted to see but then again I could always holler for one of them and they would bring me Jake. Decisions, decisions. I didn't have long to debate over it because Alex started walking up the stairs with her head down. It didn't take a genius to realize she was upset. In all her gloominess she damned near tripped over me. Of course she caught herself before she did but the point remains. Her eyes immediately lit up and she picked me up and spun me around.

"Abbie you're awake! How do you feel? Of course you feel like you were hit by a bus...I’m rambling shit." She lifted me up and ran downstairs. I felt the similar feeling I had when Jake had run me through the forest though I barely remember it.

"Look who's joined the living guys." Every set of golden eyes-except for Bella's chocolate brown ones- stared up at me and their faces broke out into smiles. Soon I was attacked with freezing hugs though I patiently waited to be snatched up into a pair of warm arms it never happened. I sighed and watched Carlisle approach me. He came over and gave me a check over, making sure I was in fact okay then he removed the I.V. I smiled a small smile and my eyes went straight to Edward's face. He opened up his arms and I slowly walked to him. He leaned his head down by my ear and in a fast whisper he said, "first door to the right down the hall." I stood still for a moment and politely hugged them all before I reached Carlisle and thanked him for what he did for me. He smiled.

"I really only set you up in the bed Abbie, Edward did the hard part so you have him to thank."

I nodded and turned back around and hugged Edward again. I pulled him down to my level this time.
"Thanks for bringing me back to Jake Edward. You have no idea what you have done for him and me, I owe you my life literally." I kissed his cheek and he kissed the top of my head.

"I didn't do it as much for you; I did it for him though I would sure miss having you around. I remember when I thought I had lost Bella and I was doing all I could to save her and if I couldn't save her I was going to the Voltouri. I heard his plans on how to off himself if you weren't around. He stayed awake for two days straight waiting on you to wake up Abbie he finally passed out this morning so he did wait for you to wake up. Now go find him Abbie and let him know that your awake. " I nodded as a tear trickled down my face. I hugged him one last time and ventured off to find the room My Jake was sleeping in.
It didn't take long once I heard the snoring. I giggled to myself and opened the door. I heard him mumble in his sleep.

"Any changes Edward?" Though it was clear to me it might have sounded like a bear growling to someone who didn't know him. I held in my laugh and tried to impersonate Edward.

"No changes yet." I slowly crawled next to him in bed. At first he stiffened up but it took him only a minute to recognize my smell I guess. His eyes jerked open and he studied every inch of my face I believe then lightly skimmed his finger down my cheek still not uttering a word.

"Jake I'm here you're not dreaming baby I'm here." He pulled me to him so tight I thought I would lose oxygen.

"Abbs I.." I sshh'd him and placed a kiss on his lips.

"I'm here Jake don't apologize." I watched his eyes water and I felt my own pain intensify. I had caused him so much hurt and it wasn't any one's fault but Dominic's. I hope Jake had killed the bastard. Jake softly pushed my hair out of my face.
"I came so close to losing you Abbie. I don't think that image will ever leave my mind. You were lying there so limp I thought you were dead. I lost it Abb. You are my life. You came too close to death and our life together really hasn't started yet. I've had to live three days without you and that was hard enough on me. I don't think I can last a day without you ever again. The whole time you were out I just...ah" He paused and pulled me closer to him. "I just couldn’t help thinking if I had been Alpha you would never have been left alone. I never would have had to think I was gonna lose you. If I had just accepted my birthright from the start it would have never happened." He sighed and my own tears skidded down my face.
"Jake do not blame yourself. Dominic had it all set up so you would leave. Alpha or not he put the pack in danger on purpose to get to me. He thought he was going to kill them all and there was no chance that you would be coming back. So don’t blame yourself Jake there was nothing you could do. Dominic had it all set up that way. He wanted you gone because in his sick mind he thought with you out of the picture I’d want him. After he told me you were dead I knew I couldn’t live, couldn’t breathe without you so I told him to kill me too. I’m sorry I caused you so much hurt Jake you did nothing to deserve it.” I put my head in my hands and started to cry. He cuddled me to him and started to rock me.
“It’s gonna be okay Abbs, but there was a reason to my rant. I seriously want a life with you further down the road and I know I’m not doing this right but will you..” he was cut off by my cousin running into the room.

“Abbie you’re okay. I got so scared and worried and I didn’t know what to do if I lost you. Especially now that we are getting close again. By the way your mom is worried sick that she hasn’t heard from you. You really should call her and I’m rambling but I just missed you so much I thought you were dead and..” she trailed off because tears started to roll down her face. I unraveled myself from Jake and pulled her into a hug. I didn’t realize how much everyone cared about me until now. They all thought I was dead and it had nearly killed them all in one way or another. I guess I meant more to people than I thought. My mind trailed back to Jake’s question but I realized I had to comfort my cousin first.

“Jenna look at me I’m okay now. I’m going to try to keep myself out of harms way but you know our family trouble finds us,” I attempted to make a joke but it only left her and Jake glaring at me.
“I was kidding guys and I’ll call mom right now can I borrow your cell phone?” She nodded briskly and handed it over without a second thought but the moment I opened her phone up Seth’s half naked body showed up on the screen and I wished I had borrowed Jake’s phone instead.

The phone seemed to ring forever and I realized mom must be at work. I sighed and left a voicemail just to be sure she knew I was okay.
“Mom its Abbie I just want you to know that I am okay and I will see you tonight ‘Kay love you don’t ever forget that.” I hung up after that and looked back at Jake. He smiled at me so warmly and I realized everything would be okay as long as he was in my life. No matter where I was life would be fine as long as he was there. I could see us twenty-thirty years down the road with kids. He was who I wanted to spend all of forever with. I ran my hand over his face and then grabbed his hand and kissed it. The warmth spread through me like a fire.
“Guys will someone take me home? It would be nice to see my own room for a change.” I laughed and got off of the bed with Jake standing up behind me, obviously following my request. It would be nice to see my own room for a change…I hope.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took so long for any kind of update guys but i lost my laptop that has all my stories on it and I have had a lot of personal hardships over the last year i know that doesnt make up for lack of updates but please forgive me

i hope you enjoy the chapter and comments are heavenly especially with this good of an update
hint s.r.a hint