The Color of Blood

Silverpoint

Silverpoint.
I fucking hated Silverpoint.

If it wasn’t for the fact that I had gotten sick of following my mom and step dad around while he tried to get signed to a NHL team, I wouldn’t be here in the car with my mom driving to be shipped off to live with my dad right now. Sure I had made the decision myself, partly because he had offered to let me get a car, but I could still dread it right?

As we approached the airport my mom asked me for the 50 millionth time if I was sure I wanted to go through with this, and for the 50 millionth time I sighed and assured her I did and that I would be fine. She was probably just as excited about this as I was, she had begged me not to go but I insisted, silly me.

When I arrived, it was even worse than I had remembered. The sky was gray and I could already feel the raindrops. Silverpoint had been known for being very rainy and cloudy, making almost everyday the most depressing day of you’re life. Sure I was accustomed to rain, being from Michigan, but not every single day of my existence. I hadn’t even been there for 5 minutes and I already wanted to sit in a corner and cry like a little emo kid.

John, I wasn’t allowed to call him that to his face, I had to call him dad than, arrived to pick me up in the white Chevy truck I remember from when I was five. On the way to his house he informed me that he had taken the time to get me a car already, something I was thankful for until he told me that it was made in 84’. Where is Pimp My Ride when you need them? I arrived 15 minutes later to find that the truck wasn’t as bad as expected and, while the engine was quite loud and it probably couldn’t reach over 60 mph, it ran fine.

I hadn’t brought much and was able to carry every thing up to my room in one trip. Upon entering the room I wasn’t surprised to find that not much had changed since I had been there 4 years ago. The walls were still baby blue and the bed was still right where it had been like everything else, the only new thing was the second hand computer that sat on a wooden desk. It was the one thing my mom had insisted on, she wanted to be able to email me whenever she felt the need.

The next day was my first day at the scarily small high school. The town was quite small and therefore there were little over 400 kids in the high school, a large contrast from the 1500 at my old school in Michigan. I wasn’t very excited because of that, those kids had grown up around each other and here I was, the new guy. Everyone probably all ready knew who I was because my dad was the town sheriff. I checked in at the office and received my schedule before heading off to my first class. Surprisingly, the teacher didn’t make me introduce myself and by the end I had already made a new friend. Before lunch I had made a few more and coincidently they all sat at the same table for lunch. Most of them had started off calling me Gerard, my fathers doing, and I quickly corrected them with “Gee,”. I arrived at the lunch table and began chitchatting before my eye caught a glimpse of 5, amazingly beautiful creatures, one in particular, he was absolutely stunning. His black hair fell over his amazingly beautiful golden eyes that were set against pale tattooed skin. He was god like, his silver lip ring sparkled in the little light there was, and those eyes, oh those eyes, they were pulling me in and I couldn’t get out of them.