The Color of Blood

You Have No Idea

I watched Sadie leave and went back to staring at my food. I only got it so that I wouldn’t look like a freak for not eating, and even though I didn’t eat it anyway, at least until you paid attention you thought I did. I caught te eyes of the kid staring at me and I stared back, trying to figure out what all the girls in the school found so interesting about him, he wasn’t special, just an ordinary guy with ordinary black hair and ordinary looks. Oh, who the fuck am I kidding, he was gorgeous.

No Frank, no you cant like him, you’ll mess everything up, and you will probably end up killing him in the end. But he’s gorgeous! Oh shut up, you can not, and I repeat, can not have him! Besides what if he isnt even gay! Or interested!

The bell rang distracting me from my thoughts and reminding me tht I had a class to go to, Biology. Thank God I sat by myself, theres no way I could be so close to someone and not let my senses get the best of me. As I was thinking about how lucky I was to not have a partner, he walked in. Mrs. Ford pointed him to the seat next to me,I sighed and burried my head in my hands. Now not only did I have to worry about not liking him, but also not attacking him. As he sat down, his smell only became stronger, sweeter, more amazing. There was no way I would be able to keep my hands off him now, he was just way to perfect.

I couldn’t do this everyday, I couldn’t sit next to him, the urge was just to strong, and I wouldn’t break the treaty and expose myself. Only animals for Frank. I had to go talk to the office assistant, switch classes. When I was there, I could smell him, but I couldn’t read his thoughts. This bothered me, I sould be able to, I should know what he thinks. I should be ble to know his every move, what he thinks of me. Was I loosing my powers? What was wrong with me? Was I hungry? No, I was just hunting the other day. But I could hear everyone elses, even the office assistant. Maybe it was just him.

By the time he entered I could tell that the office assistant was getting angry at me, as hard as I tried. I finaly gave up and left, the temptation being to strong to not pounce on him. I had to get away, somewhere, anywhere. I racked my brain for answers while I walked to my car to drive the others home. Maybe I could head to Colorado and stay there. Surely there was no one there that would tempt me. Decision made, Im going.

I got into the cars drivers seat and put the key in the ignition.
“See your lab partner?”
it was Sadie.
Of course she knew I saw him, she could see into the future, she knew from the minute I started staring at him that he was going to be my lab partner.
“What do you think?” I rolled my eyes at her.
“You two are going to end up together, hope you know that,”
“No we aren't, Im going to Colorado.”
“You’re going to come back”
“Bull shit, your visions change,”
“What ever”

She sank back into her seat. I could see everyone in the back giving me a look that meant she was probably right. No one bet against her, and if I wasn’t so set in my ways I wouldn’t either.

It was set, as soon as I got home I would talk to Jake, tell him I was leaving. There was no way he could tell me know, I was over 100 years old for gods sake! I think I know how to make good decisions.

“Jake, we need to talk.” I called entering the house and dropping my scool bag.
“What is it Frank?” he came out from his office, flipping through some bills.
“I need to get away for a while, go see the Wentz’s,”
“Alright than, I’m not stopping you, but make sure to call them first.”
“Yep I know,”
He went back into his office.

I went to go get the phone and dialed their number.
Pete picked up.
“Hey dude, I haven’t heard from you in forever,” even though he was older than me [in vampire years] he still sounded like a 15 year old.
“Yeah I know, look, I need to come stay for a little bit, you guys mind?”
“One minute, let me ask,”
“Hey Oliver!” I heard him scream, like I said, 15 year old.
“What?”
“Frank called, he wants to know if he can come stay for a bit,”
“I guess,”

“He said yeah,”
“Alright, cool, Ill be over in the next few days.”
“Alright, bye, see ya than,”
“Bye, see ya.”
I hung up and went to go order my plane tickets.
Yep, sorry to disappoint, don’t turn into a bat, cant fly, gotta take a plane.

By the next two days I was in Colorado. Pete came to pick me up and take me to their house.

“Alright dude, so what’s wrong?”
“What do you mean?”
“Well you obviously didn’t just stop by to say hi,” he rolled his eyes, “Now come on, what’s the problem,”
“It’s nothing, seriously,”
He gave me a look out of the corner of his eye and wrapped his arm around my shoulder pulling me close while he kept his eyes on the road, “Come on now, you can tell ol’ Petey,”
I shrugged him off me and leaned against the side of the door.
“Oh, don’t do that, door has been opening up lately,”
I switched positions, not wanting to go flying out the car and have people suspicious when I didn’t die from it.
“Now come on, tell me,”
I still didn’t say anything, I was to busy thinking about him. Snap out of it Frank! He cant occupy you’re mind like this!
“What, human got your tongue?”
“You have no idea my friend, you have no idea.”