Now That We're The Same, We're Together Forever

First Period

“Ready?”

“No.”

“Then, let’s go.” He smiled. He pulled me into the school. I knew he knew I didn’t want to go. As soon as we got into the school, I stopped. He didn’t realize so he kept going. He looked back as soon as my hand left his. I looked around in the hallway. Inside was bigger than I thought it would have been. There were lockers on either side of the hallways, which weren’t as packed as in Jacksonville, but I guess I’d have to deal.

“What’s wrong?”

“Just enjoying the scenery.”

“You have all year to do that. Let’s go get your schedule.”

He walked up to a door that said office. Thankfully, we were out of it within five minutes. Jacob looked over my schedule. Comparing it with his in his head, we found out we had all but one class together.

“Are you kidding me?”

“I’m sorry, Ror. There’s nothing we can do about it. I don’t have as many math smarts as you. Leah was great at math but she’s already graduated.”

“That’s supposed to make me feel better…how?”

“Look, I’m sure you’ll make a friend or something.”

“Or something.” I pointed out.

“You didn’t know me and you had no problem talking to me, remember?”

“That’s because your head was under the hood of my car.”

“Listen to me. You’ll do great, I know you will. Second period will not be that long. If you need me, I’m right here,” he poked my temple, “in your head. Okay, I love you.”

“Yeah, yeah.”

“First period is this way.” He took my hand once again and led me to first period, history. Of course, it has to be first period when I’m half-asleep and really cranky. He led me to a classroom on the very end of the school. I walked in behind him and saw a teacher with glasses and hair as white as snow.

“Mrs. White?” And she’s got the name to match. Jacob laughed at my joke. She looked up from her desk. “This is the new student we’ve been waiting for. This is Lorelei Ateara.” He handed her my new student slip to sign.

“You’re Calvin’s daughter aren’t you?”

“Yes, ma’am.”

“I taught Calvin when he was your age.”

“You knew my father when he was a kid?”

"I knew your mother, too." I didn't know what to saw. Nobody knew about my mother except Quil, Dad, Karen, and Jacob.

“Mrs. White knows everybody.” Jacob said, putting his arm around my shoulder.

“Yes I suppose I do. He was a good student, when he was here, anyway.”

“What do you mean?”

“Your father was always out of school. I never actually understood why. I didn’t think it was my business to pry. He changed a lot when he was in my class. He was happy and excited at the beginning of the year. You couldn’t get him to sit down for five minutes. But at the end of the year he was different. He was much more of a serious person.”

Werewolves. Jacob thought.

“Oh well. That’s all in the past.” She past her hands on her desk and pushed herself out of her chair. “Are you friends with Jacob?” I looked at him and then back to her.

“Something like that.” I said.

“Well, you can certainly take a seat next to him if you wish.”

“Thank you.” I turned around. People were starting to slowly fill in the empty seats. We must got here early.

“Only a little. I thought it would be best to show you where your classes are now.”

“Why?”

“So you can walk yourself and be independent.”

“I don’t want to be independent. I want to be with you. Why won’t you walk me to my classes later? When I actually have them.”

“I guess I could do that. If you really wanted me to.”

“I thought you knew what I wanted.”

“I do. But I’ve been trying not to rely on your mind so much on what you want.”

“In other word you aren’t invading the privacy of my mind.”

“Exactly.”

“Then why didn’t you just say what I said?”

“I wanted to feel smart.”

“I should give you that one.”

“Yes, you should.” He led me to the middle of the room. Weirdly, he sat right in the middle. I sat in the desk next to him, and he scooted his closer to mine.

She’s less suspicious of you if you sit in the middle. Most of the troublemakers sit on the outside or in the back, and I’m too tall for the front.

You don’t have to explain everything to me, you know. I can figure things out for myself.

I know.

Then why…? Never mind.

I love you.

Yeah, yeah.

“Let me get this straight. My first period is History, unfortunately. Second, Pre-Calc. Third, English, and fourth…?”

“Weight training.”

“Why do I need weight training if I’m already super strong.”

“In your…other…form you’re strong, but in this one…I don’t know…”

“Hey!”

“Sam said it. It was his idea for all of us to take the class. It’s not that bad once your dog is more mature because that strength is shared with your human strength.”

“Thanks, that doesn’t confuse me at all.”

“Good.” I shook my head. Then the bell rang, and more people started filling up the classroom. I looked at all the people as they were walking in. The class wasn’t small, but it wasn’t huge, either. It seemed a lot of people were comfortable with the school, and the way it was. They had been here for three more years than I have but it’s a school. Who is ever comfortable at school?

By now the class was full and the late bell had rung.

“Alright guys. So today…” I zoned out looking at Jacob. He had his eyes on the teacher and was probably listening to her. He smiled not looking at me but I knew he was smiling at me.

What are you looking at? You need to pay attention.

I’m looking at you.

Why?

I love you. He didn’t think anything. He just held out his hand for me to take and I did. He looked at me, smiled and looked back at Mrs. White. I love him. After a week. I didn’t care how long I’ve known him. I just never wanted to leave him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last one this week hope yall enjoy

comments questions, concerns, ideas = ???

<U3

THEY ALL EQUAL LOVE!!!!