Now That We're The Same, We're Together Forever

I Met Them

I heard some leaves rustling in the forest. I crouched ready to attack and growled. Wow. You’re good at this for a puppy. Careful, though, it’s only Leah.

Trying to kill me already, Rory? She came out of the trees. She looked at me. I’m Leah. Please don’t hurt me.

Sorry. I eased up, but not too much. Just got scared, I guess.

With Leah, you should be scared.

What do you mean by that, Jacob?

Nothing. It’s true though. When it comes to running you’re incredibly competitive.

I guess your right. I have a reason though. It’s the only thing I can claim.

She could run circles around everyone else three thousand times and still be faster than all of us.

I could, couldn’t I?

Don’t let one little comment get to your head, now.

Exactly how far is everyone else? I asked. I am seriously hungry.

We’re passing the barbeque now, Rory. You have a minute until we get to you guys.

Good.

You and your stomach.

You know nothing of my eating habits so I suggest that you shut up, Jacob.

Why is everyone saying that?

Because you need to learn the meaning of it.

Nice one, Sam.

Thanks, Paul.

I think we should stop picking on Jacob…

Thank you, Ror. He walked, on all fours, over to me, nudging my shoulder with his nose.

And start picking on Quil again. That was funny. Jacob choked out what I thought was a laugh. I could exactly tell. It sounded like a dog’s bark.

That’s pretty much what we are, Ror.

What?

We are pretty much dogs.

Oh, right. Still not used to the whole thinking thing.

Alright, we’re here. I looked to where Leah was standing. Six more werewolves formed a line, one next to the other. The taller one stepped forward.

Sam. Jacob said.

Rory, are you okay?

Fine, thanks. I’m still a little disoriented from the change, but it’s normal…I guess.

You’ll get used to it. I looked at the line.

Will I get used to them, too?

Let’s hope so. You’ll have to pay extra attention to them when they talk if you want to hear them in human form.

What if I don’t want to? The whole pack laughed-slash-barked.

You don’t exactly have a choice. We’re going to be in each other’s heads all the time whether we like it or not. Unless we’re together, thinking is out main form of communication.

Well, can we communicate with some names, because I’m kinda hungry?

Oh yeah, right. Umm…Jacob?

Okay. Obviously that’s Sam, he’s the Alpha, I’ll explain that later. Then from left to right, there’s Quil…

Hey, Rory.

Embry…

Yo,

Paul…

Sup.

Jared…

Hi.

And Seth…

Hey, Rory.

Seth’s a big suck up.

I am not.

Wanna bet?

No. I always lose.

Seth and Leah are brother and sister.

In the actual sense of the word.

Great, now that I know what everybody’s wolf looks like, can we go eat?

Yeah. Rory and I have to go back and get her clothes. Quil, I think you should come, too. Just in case Calvin didn’t put any out for her. I really don’t think he wants to see me right now.

True. Quil stepped forward, towards me and Jacob.

We’ll meet everybody else at Sam’s.

Okay. Just as long as there’s food.

Psh, there will be plenty of food. Emily is a great cook. Are you ready to run?

I don’t know. I haven’t even walked really.

Then we’ll take it slow. It should just come naturally.

Yeah, for you. The only active thing I do, at all, is track.

Then you should be good at running.

I haven’t done it since tenth grade.

I’d like to see you give Leah a run for her money.

I heard that, Jacob.

Well, what do you say? Once Rory is comfortable with her wolf form, you two have a race.

I’m in. I wanna see how fast this chicky can run.

I guess. But what ever happens, happens. No grudges. Is that understood?

I suppose.

That will be incredibly hard for her.

Stop exaggerating.

If you win, you will be the sorest loser ever.

Leave her alone, Jacob.

Are you guys done fighting yet?

Yes.

Then let’s get going. I thought Rory was hungry.

I am. Let’s go. I started to run. At first I was taking small strides. I looked over at Jacob. He was running beside me, about ten feet away.

Pay attention, Rory. I looked forward. And I realized I wanted to go faster. I took bigger strides, and that still wasn’t fast enough. I took even bigger strides than that. Rory, slow down. Let me catch up. Leah, she’s almost faster than you.

Hurry up, Jacob. Quil, where are you?

Behind Jacob. Don’t worry. I’ll be there at the end.

Where do I stop?

We’ve still got a while, Ror. We went far.

Why did you bring me out this far?

I didn’t want anybody to see you.

Why?

Nobody’s supposed to know that we exist.

So we keep it a secret? Wouldn’t that be kind of hard?

Not if you’ve learned how to control your temper.

Just don’t put me near my father.

I’ll keep that in mind at your next family reunion.

Funny. There’s a light there. Is that the store?

Yeah, it is. Don’t leave the trees. I stopped and sat on the grass.

I was supposed to go to work on Monday.

Don’t worry about it. Mom talking to Mr. Greene. She told him you were sick.

Your mom knows about us, too, Quil?

Yeah. She knows.

Oh. I looked up and noticed Jacob was standing over me. Took you long enough.


You’re mean.

You’re just jealous. He smelled the air.

This way.

What?

You bag of clothes is this way.

You can smell them?

They smell like your dad. And I’m pretty sure he’s not waiting in the forest for us.

Guys, I wouldn’t be so sure.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay second chapter down...hope you're happy....if you're having a little trouble reading what Sam is saying b/c i know i am, but that could just be me b/c my eyes suck...highlight it

thnx 4 comments subscriptions and readings...love u all.....

shout out to my bestestestestestestestestestestestestestestestestestest friend...you know who you are!!!!! LOVE UUU!!!