Now That We're The Same, We're Together Forever

Confessions

I closed my eyes, trying as much as I could to think of me being human. I heard a cracking noise and looked at my hands, which no longer had claws. I ran into the house and up the stairs as quickly as I could. I threw on some clothes and thought to Jacob that he could come in. I swiftly walked into the hallway to the closet where my dad always kept his fishing gear, and looked around for a duffle bag.

“Rory, is that you?”

“Yes, Karen. I’m just stopping by to get something and then I’m go—”

“Hey, Mrs. Ateara.”

“Hey, Jake. How are you?”

“I’m great. Is Rory here?”

“Yeah, she’s upstairs. Have you seen Quil? He didn’t come home for dinner like he said he would.”

“Yeah, he’s over at Sam and Emily’s.” he said, but his voice sounded like it was getting closer. He must have been walking up the stairs at the same time.

What are you doing?

I looked up, and saw Jacob behind me, wearing only shorts. Wow. He was hot. He smiled. He must have heard me.

“I’m looking for a duffle bag. For my clothes.”

“Here’s one.” He said reaching up, over me, to the top shelf and taking one down. “I’ll have to get you a leather cord. Don’t let me forget.” He handed me the bag.

“I won’t. Let’s go.” I tried to walk down the hallway, to the stairs, but he held my arm.

“Are you okay?”

“I think so. It’s just been a little much…to take in. All in one day.”

“I mean, with your dad. Are you okay?”

“I don’t know if I’m going to be able to keep my temper around him. He’s the only thing in this world that’s ever got me really mad.”

“Do you wanna stay at my place? Your dad can’t bother you there.”

“What about your dad? He’ll call my father. They’re practically best friends.”

“He won’t call as long as we explain what’s going on.”

“Are you sure?”

“Absolutely.” I looked at him for a minute.

“Alright. I just need to get one thing. Come with me.” I grabbed his arm and pulled him into my room.

“What is it you need? I might have it.”

“Trust me, you don’t have it.” I walked over to my desk, opened the top drawer, and pulled out my mom’s journal. I turned around, trying to shove it into the duffle before Jacob saw it, but he stopped me.

“What’s that?”

“My mom’s journal.”

“Why do you have it? Wouldn’t she be missing it?”

“She, uh…she gave it to me. She wanted me to have it.” I looked away him. “She left it for me, when she died a week ago.” Jacob tried to pull my face up to his, but I pulled away.

“Please, don’t hide from me.” I turned to look into his eyes. “Why didn’t you tell me the truth?”

“I wasn’t ready. I didn’t want you to have to feel sorry for me because you didn’t know me. You didn’t know who I was. So I lied.”

“You didn’t think I’d understand how you feel. My mom died in a car crash. It was a while ago, and I didn’t really know her. So it’s not quite the same.”

“It’s just…it’s hard, you know?” Slow tears were coming from my eyes. I could feel them as the ran down my face.

“Are you alright?” I shook my head.

“When Quil phased back, it felt like part of me was lost, like I was all alone. It felt like it had when my mom died.” More tears started coming. Jacob wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to him. I wrapped mine around his waist, and cried into his bare chest.

“Shhh…Ror, it’s okay. You don’t have to be alone anymore. You won’t be, ever. Not while I’m here. You will always have me. I’m never leaving you.” He kissed the top of my head. I continued to sob.

“I’m sorry. I just…I haven’t really let it out. I didn’t cry. I couldn’t cry. I didn’t want to. I knew I should have but there was nothing but anger.”

“It’s okay.” He put his hands on my shoulders, and gently pulled me away. I let go unwillingly. “If you ever need to talk, about anything, you know I’m always here for you.”

I’m here, too, Rory.

Quil, what are you doing?

I’m sorry. I could help myself. You guys make up interesting conversation. I was surprised you didn’t figure that out…about her mom.

Where’s Dad? I asked, trying to get off the subject.

He’s heading back to the house. I was going to tell you. You might wanna jump out the window.

“Ror, we have to go, now.”

“I don’t know if I’ve ever mentioned this before, but I’ve never jumped out of a window.”

“Alright. Let me go first, and I promise I’ll catch you.”

“Go.” We walked swiftly, but quietly to the window. Jacob unlocked it and jumped out of the window. I shoved my mom’s journal into the duffle and threw it down to Jacob. I pulled my leg over to the other side and sat down on the ledge. I looked down. I noticed that my eye sight was no longer normal. What would be pitch black for a human, was like dusk to me. I could see everything below. Jake holding out his arms to catch me. Toby running around on his leash. The movement of bushes in the forest. Quil must have been back there.

Then I heard the door slam. I looked back at my room.

“Lorelei, I know you’re here. Where are you?”

“Rory, come on.” Jacob yelled/whispered. I closed my eyes, and pushed myself out of the window.
♠ ♠ ♠
alright last one for this week...hope you like

i love the love...

comment, subscribe, and message....