Now That We're The Same, We're Together Forever

Everybody's Human

Jacob, Lorelei, get in here now.

Alright, Sam.

Coming.

“Alright, I suppose we should go.” I looked at Jacob. He looked a little upset.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing. Come on, Alpha has spoken.” We walked out of the woods where a small blue house came into view. It reminded me of my house, with all the flowers, even in the back yard. To get to the back door we had to walk through an entire garden of flowers with a path going through.

Jacob opened the door for me, I walked into a small kitchen, and everyone was either sitting or standing around a small table. The smell of all the food captured me, and my stomach growled.

“Told you my stomach wanted to come in.”

“Wow, Jacob, she is pretty. You got a good catch there.”

“I told you.”

“No matter how many times I like to hear that I’m beautiful, I don’t like it being discussed between other people how hot I am right in front of my face.”

“Sorry, Rory. Okay well, here it goes. Obviously that’s Paul, Leah, Quil and Embry. Seth is the shortest one, besides the freshmen.” He pointed to the shortest guy in the room, leaning against the counter. Paul was next to him with a cookie in his hand, with Quil next to him. Embry and Leah were sitting at two of the four chairs at the table.

“Hey!”

“What? It’s true.” Then he pointed to another guy, leaning against the door frame, which I thought led to the living room. “And that’s Jared.” He looked around the room. “Where’s Sam?”

Upstairs helping Emily. I’ll be right there.

“There’s your answer.” Leah said.

“Thanks for that Captain Obvious.”

“Anytime.” She pulled out a chair with her leg. “Rory, have a seat.” I looked up at Jacob and he nodded his head. I sat down.

“Thanks.” Jacob stood behind me.

“You guys took longer than I expected.” A tall guy said walking into the room.

“Sam.” Jacob whispered to me. I nodded my head. “Sorry, Sam. We had a little run in with Calvin.”

“Quil told me. He also said that Rory wasn’t going home tonight.” He looked at me. I felt like I did something wrong. Really it wasn’t me but my dad.

“She—”

“I’m pretty sure she can speak for herself, Jacob.” He shot a glare at Jacob and then turned to me with a little bit of a softer face.

“I don’t want to go home. Not yet. Not until I have my temper completely under control. I don’t want to hurt him, and he’s really the only thing that gets me mad.

“Getting your temper under control could take a long time.”

“I’m not saying I’d stay away forever, or leave town. I’ll stay with Jake. I’ll stop in, and try to keep a calm conversation, but not unless someone is with me. I’m not taking any chances. Even if the visits are only five minutes.”

“Rory, are you sure you can stay away from him that long?” I looked at him as if he were stupid. Did he not know about what happened? “I know about everything. But I thought you two would be at least a little closer by now.”

“Are you kidding? The night I got here, we were in a fight. The next day he was at work and I passed out that night. The first time I saw him in five days was this evening. Just before everything else happened.”

“I guess you have a point.”

“Who’s hungry?” a woman walked into the room. I looked at her. Other than the scars along her face from her hairline to her chin, her beauty was infallible.

Don’t stare. Jacob warned.

I wasn’t staring at her scars. She’s beautiful.

Sam thinks so, too.

Stop thinking about me.

What happened?

I’ll tell you later.

“Well, hello there. I suppose Sam was right about our probable addition. I’m Emily.”

“Lorelei, but call me Rory.”

“Your name is really pretty. I really like it.”

“Thank you. I like it, too.” I looked at Sam. He seemed guilty about something. I knew he loved her, Jacob told me Sam had imprinted on her. Sam never would have done that. Not on purpose anyway. Sam winced.

I’m sorry, Sam. I should control my thoughts.

It was an accident. I didn’t mean to do it. I just got really mad and she was right there.

It’s okay, Sam we’re all behind you.

Thanks, Jacob.

“Alright, enough chit-chat…I’m hungry.” Paul said.

“Of course, you are.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright that's the last one until next week. i hope you enjoy. i know it's kinda boring right now. i'm not going to say it gets better because my opinion is a little biased. the only thing i know is i like it. IM BIASED THO SO DONT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT!!!

did you also know that 111,111,111 times 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321? COOL HUH??? i like this whole fact thing. i'm going to start watching Jeopardy and give you a new one every week...maybe.. i don't know. i'm not that good with consistancy...or paying attention. i swear i have ADD. but whatever

I love the comments subscriptions.

maybe i can make a little contest out of the facts. i know it'll probably be weird but whatev. i can give you a question one week and the first person to answer when i check my messages next week will get the next chapter a week early...maybe i don't know. message me and tell me if it's a good idea...

LOVE U GUYS!!!