Scream

Chapter 1

I was sick of it, of everything. My life was far too complicated for my taste. The fight. The black eye. Mother getting out of jail. The move. My life's summary in other words.

On the outside I was fake. My smile was forced. My laugh was more like a mutter masked in fake sarcasm. My whole personality was acted out. Mean while, on the inside I was cracked. Piece by piece was falling into nonexistence ever so often. I would finally crumble at some point in time.

Nothing finally evened out until that summer. Moving to Kansas was a great thing for me. I was more then happy to do it with the best people I have ever known. There would be no more non sense or lies told to my face. For that I was great full.

The land changed often. I saw the ocean for the last time outside of a large city with buildings that reached the sky. It reminded me of a bird. I wanted to be a bird so I could fly over such things, to see the world, to know that the only thing to bring me from the sky was death itself. I saw small towns with people who eyed our car like it was a deadly plague. Soon the land turned into woods for hunting, hiking and swimming.

My window was rolled down as the hot summer air blew in my face. It wasn't dry or humid like it was in Florida. It was thin, but hot all the same. Night had fallen hours ago. Tara's head laid lightly on my shoulder and Autumn's head was resting on Tara's. Momma was sleeping in the passenger seat, soft snores came from her beautiful face. Daddy drove down the vacant high way. Lynyrd Skynyrd played softly in the back ground.

The stars shown brighter on the country side. There seemed to be more of them as they sparkled over head. The moon was full but with the sky clear it was like a perfect picture.

____________

We had lived in Kansas for a few months by now. The whole house was unpacked, everything had a place and we were expected to keep it that way. Autumn had went to Manhattan for schooling. Lucas, whom we referred to as Boo, stayed in Florida to finish collage. Two room's were empty for them, for then they came home.

My dream's were cleansed. They were not filled with screams any more. Well, not like they were way back when. Darkness surrounded me as I heard music come on in my room. My eyes opened to be greeted with a rather dark room. I blinked looking at the digital alarm clock on my night stand. It glowed eleven thirty four in green numbers.

It was a Saturday. I hear someone talking in the kitchen. Fall had finally come. It was the beginning of August. I sat up and dug the crystals from my eyes. I had yet to make friends in the new state and I liked it that way. I looked around at all of my pictures and poster's of Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica, Lynyrd Skynyrd and some other's. I got out of bed; my feet cracking on the cold tile floor.

I went out of my room to the bathroom. I did what I had to do, then took a shower. The water was very hot, making my skin turn a bright pink. I washed my hair and body quickly. I got out of the shower and looked in the mirror putting on eye liner. My hair was a blue black. My skin looked pale against it. I had a some what round face. My eyes were dark around the coloring before going into a green brown mix then a deep green around the pupal. My skin had a few blemishes here and there. After I was done with my eye liner, I walked into my room; flicking on the light.

I dressed in a pair of straight legged jeans and a black and red tank top. My breast were a good side for my small frame. I had love handles and my stomach was a bit pudgy. I brushed my hair that fell to my collar bone. I walked out of my room shutting the door.

I walked into the kitchen and saw Tara, Momma and the back of someone's head sitting at the round kitchen table. Tara's deep brown hair was cut short. Her eyes were a dark brown behind her black rimmed glasses. She had her silver lip ring in, as she ate her cereal.

Momma's hair was just like Tara's, even the same eye color. She was smoking her full flavor Sonoma, while drinking a cup of coffee. She smiled at me when I walked in.

"Morning honey love." She said with a smile. When she smiled it was like it was contagious, I couldn't help but smile back at her. Tara looked up at me while she had a mouth full of cereal.

I got a tall cup of fresh coffee, putting Vanilla Nut creamer in it; grabbing a new pack of Marlboro Smooth's from the freezer door.

"Morning Momma. Morning Tessa." I said quietly, taking a long sip of the hot coffee, a smile spread across my lips. I set my coffee cup down and took out a cigarette. I lit it up and let the fresh nicotine invade my taste buds and lungs. I exhaled a flow of Grey smoke came flowing out like it was how it had always been.

A slick smile spread over Tara's lips. She finished chewing and swallowed. She smiled up at me, pushing up her glasses. "Morning Sammy. Guess what?" She asked in a jolly tone.

I shrugged. I wasn't a morning person. I didn't have a conversation until I had down a full cup of coffee and had at least one cigarette.

"I was right." Tara said with a cheeky smile that she wore when she won something. I cocked my eye brow and stopped drinking my coffee in mid sip. She laughed at my facial expression. "He is your Brother."

The look of confusion was still on my face. I recalled the numerous conversations that Tara and I had in Florida and in Kansas. My face fell. I nearly dropped my coffee cup. I set it on the counter and my eyes set on the back of the guys head. He turned around and gave me a small smile.

"Hello." He said, smiling warmly.

My eyes widened a little bit. He was here, in my home. My stomach clenched into a tight knot, making me want to dry heave. My world crumbled.
♠ ♠ ♠
A New Story.
This has been in my head for a while.

Comment please, I would like to know what you think.
:)