Scream

Chapter 13

The next morning I woke up to the sun dancing across my face. I opened my eyes and looked at the clock. It was nearly two in the afternoon. I was confused as to why I slept so long. I had never slept that long before. Maybe I still wasn’t used to their time zone. I sat up and noticed that Zack was missing. I sighed and shook my head. I knew that I had to make things right today; about everything. I threw the covers off of my legs and shivered as the cool air hit my warm skin. That was the one thing I hated about getting up in the morning.

I went to the bathroom, did what I had to do, washed my hands and then made my way down stares. I saw Zack sitting on the couch watching some show that was playing on television. I assumed it was some random thing. I instantly felt self conscious. I was only in a pair of dark blue shorts (that you couldn’t exactly call shorts) and a tank top. I stood in place not knowing what I should do. This wasn’t my house so I couldn’t exactly go in the kitchen for a cup of coffee. I mentally kicked myself and made my way to the kitchen in hope that Zack fell asleep watching his program.

I didn’t look up from the floor as I walked into the kitchen and poured myself a hot cup of coffee; leaving it black. I walked into the living room and sat on the couch that was next to Zack and noticed his eyes were closed. He was in a pair of black sweat pants and a black jacket with the word Famous sprawled across it in blue and red cursive lettering. I noticed my pack of smokes were on the coffee table. I was almost completely sure that Zack didn’t smoke menthol; so I grabbed on and lit up; taking a long drag. It calmed my nerves about today. I sighed and sipped at my coffee and smoked my cigarette in silence.

All I knew was I did not want to be the reason for a friendship and a band to fall apart. I would be hated by thousands of people; I just couldn’t take that. Brian and Zack were friends; they shouldn’t let anything pull them apart. Not even a sister. Hell, we aren’t even fully related. Though all of my theories I could only come to one conclusion; they fight is stupid. Sure Brian said some hateful things to me and Zack stuck up for me. That isn’t my fault but inside I feel like it is. I knew I had to clear my conscious and that was my intent.

“You’re finally up.” Zack said with a light laugh from the other side of the couch. I took a drag of my cigarette and looked up at Zack. His green eyes seemed even brighter today. I could see him though a cloud of smoke and it made me thing of a bar scene. I mentally smiled. “Did you sleep better after you crawled into the bed with me last night?” Zack asked with, what I thought to be, a curious tone. It was that or he could just be asking out of politeness.

I sipped at my coffee while he lit up a Marlboro red. I finished my coffee and took another drag from my cigarette. “Yes I did. Thanks for asking.” I said. The smoke came from my mouth and nose as I spoke. I crushed my cigarette against the orange ash tray. Zack nodded as he puffed away on his cigarette. The silence wasn’t awkward like I thought it would be.

I sighed and shook my head. I could feel Zack looking at me. I looked at him and sighed again. “I’m going to try to fix things.” I said softly. Zack nodded and paused his program and looked at me; giving me his full attention. “I don’t want Brian and you fighting. I don’t want to ruin your friendship and I sure as hell am not going to be the reason why Avenged Sevenfold break up.” I looked up at Zack to see his face twisted in anger and somewhere I saw a bit of guilt.

Zack sighed, took one last drag of his cigarette and smashed it against the bottom of the ash trey. Even though the blue/grey color of the smoke that hung around his face I could tell he was going to lecture me and that was something I wasn’t in the mood for. “Look.” Zack said in a rough, serious voice. “This isn’t your fault. What Brian said to you was out of line and I am trying to make him see that. Our friendship won’t be ruined and we love what we do; so you don’t have to worry about that.” Zack said sternly holding my gaze with his green eyes. “Do you understand?”

I felt my mouth go dry and I licked my lips and nodded my head. “Yes I do.” My voice was lower then I had anticipated. I knew somewhere inside of me that Zack was absolutely right but it was still hard to admit that it wasn’t my fault. I still felt like it was. Zack’s stern gaze and reassuring words wouldn’t help my thought process one bit.

“Come here.” Zack said opening his arms wide for me. I sighed before I got up and let my body collide with Zack’s. He was bigger then I but he was soft; like a teddy bear. I snuggled up to him and let my legs drape over his legs. He wrapped his arms securely around my body. I felt my eye lids grow heavy. I had noticed how tired I was.

“Zacky.” I mumbled as I noticed that in his warm, welcoming embrace I couldn’t keep my eye’s open. They soon feel.

“It’s alright sugar.” He whispered in my ear when my eyes closed. He kissed my temple and held me closer. “Rest.”

XXXXXXX

I heard voices around me pulling me out of my sleep. I opened my eyes and saw that Zack was still holding me just as he was when I fell asleep. I looked over at the other couch to see Brian. He had on a white and black stripped beanie with a white tee shirt and a pair of blue jeans. His black hair stuck out from under the beanie. He was rubbing his eyes. I cocked my eye brow. Did Zack tell him about his ass?

“Brian?” I asked in a horse voice. I cleaned my throat so I wouldn’t sound like I had some sort of illness. I felt Zack’s grip around me loosen. I moved around a bit so I was sitting sideways on his lap with my legs extended on the couch and my head was rested against his shoulder.

Brian’s head shot up and he looked at me. His eyes were puffy and slightly red. He smiled slightly at me. “I’m sorry for what I said to you yesterday Sammy.” Brian said. His voice cracked at the end. I nodded and heard him sigh.

“I’m not moving back in with you.” I said and looked up at him. I hade myself perfectly clear and I wasn’t going to roll on my back just because Brian said he was sorry. I had been told that way too many times. “I told you I don’t like Michelle. I want you to live your life like you want to. I am not going to stop you.” I said in a hard tone.

Brian nodded as he took in all of this information. He whipped his eyes and smiled at me. I rolled my eyes sarcastically and smiled back. “If you don’t come home with me then where are you going to live?” Brian asked as he raised an eye brow. I turned my gaze up at Zack whom smiled down at me.

“She can stay with me. Plus it’s not like I have a love life.” Zack laughed and patted my head. I caught his hand and put it on top of his head and smiled. He rolled his eyes and put his arm around me. I was squished against his chest and his bicep’s. I groaned and tried to bite him. He laughed and tried to make to where I couldn’t bit him. Zack was winning.

“Thank you Zack.” Brian said in a thankful tone. Zack stopped goofing off with me and turned to look at Brian.

“She still is your sister.” Zack warned. “You have to spend time with her. She is going to come on tour with us while we tour our self titled album. Agreed?” Zack asked Brian with a smug smirk on his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wasn't sure how to write this one because I forgot where I was going with this.
What do you all think?